Nick Chubb - emerges as leader, inspiration
-
I think he is more talented, faster, stronger than the great JB.
Prove it.
Just the eye test having seen both play now, Chubb is quicker and stronger IMHO. JB was an exciting runner but I was about 15 when he retired.
Proving it would be very hard to do. And with defenses today in all team sports they are way to sophisticated to let any one player dominate like JB, nobody else will go 8/9 again...... probably.
Just the eye test having seen both play now, Chubb is quicker and stronger IMHO. JB was an exciting runner but I was about 15 when he retired.
Proving it would be very hard to do. And with defenses today in all team sports they are way to sophisticated to let any one player dominate like JB, nobody else will go 8/9 again...... probably.
You have bad eyes.
-
Nick Chubb if things work out right and he stays healthy the next Jim Brown. Class act and maybe more talented than #32.
-
I don't know about more talented than #32.. Different eras.. But Id still give JB the nod.. JB set the standard by which all backs are measured.
JB is the best ever followed by whoever you like best Sweetness, the Kansas Comet, Emmitt, on and on.
Nick Chubb should have his chance this year his biggest competition might be there's only one ball for him and Hunt and Mayfield.
-
Different times now. One could say that the athletes are better now them they ever were. One could say Browns did most of his damage is 12 game seasons. It really don't matter, we had Jim and now we have Nick. If gets over 1600 yds a year for the next 6 years, he will beat Him Browns record. Does it mean he is better, no. Does it mean is is not better still no. Just enjoy the man run the F over people. Back on Patrol soon and won't be able to read all this. Love you guys.
-
Those are some veteran-like words coming from such a young player.
I remember being at the Chargers game and watching Chubb(rookie year) glide past the whole defense, as if he was moving at a different pace than everyone else. The play came back due to a bs holding, and Hue lost his job 2 weeks later. Chubb wasn’t heavily involved in the offense at that point even though the fans could see his talent. I believe it could’ve been blocking or playbook related.Chubb is clearly a gifted individual with a great head on his shoulders.
A perfect fit for the City of Cleveland.Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
-
We had a gm, that had to trade Carlos Hyde to get his coach to start Nick Chubb... and that same coach, saw Tyrod Taylor as the better QB to start against the Jets...
Kitchens...4th & 9... at least the draw play was given to Nick Chubb... and Chubb never tossed a coach under the bus for making such a boneheaded play call...
God I hope Berry/Kevin Stefanski is the right leader of *men*? ?
cause, Chubb & 52 others deserve better than the so-called *leaders* they've seen here in the past 3 years..
-
Those are some veteran-like words coming from such a young player.
I remember being at the Chargers game and watching Chubb(rookie year) glide past the whole defense, as if he was moving at a different pace than everyone else. The play came back due to a bs holding, and Hue lost his job 2 weeks later. Chubb wasn’t heavily involved in the offense at that point even though the fans could see his talent. I believe it could’ve been blocking or playbook related.Chubb is clearly a gifted individual with a great head on his shoulders.
A perfect fit for the City of Cleveland.Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
Those are some veteran-like words coming from such a young player.
I remember being at the Chargers game and watching Chubb(rookie year) glide past the whole defense, as if he was moving at a different pace than everyone else. The play came back due to a bs holding, and Hue lost his job 2 weeks later. Chubb wasn’t heavily involved in the offense at that point even though the fans could see his talent. I believe it could’ve been blocking or playbook related.Chubb is clearly a gifted individual with a great head on his shoulders.
A perfect fit for the City of Cleveland.Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
I remember the game....was it 2 years ago vs. Falcons. Browns were down on their own 8 yard line.
I turned to the guys I was watching the game with and said: "Watch this...Chubb is going to take it 92 yards". And you know what happened? Chubb took it for 92 yards.
-
-
Those are some veteran-like words coming from such a young player.
I remember being at the Chargers game and watching Chubb(rookie year) glide past the whole defense, as if he was moving at a different pace than everyone else. The play came back due to a bs holding, and Hue lost his job 2 weeks later. Chubb wasn’t heavily involved in the offense at that point even though the fans could see his talent. I believe it could’ve been blocking or playbook related.Chubb is clearly a gifted individual with a great head on his shoulders.
A perfect fit for the City of Cleveland.Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
Well, if you want to get the "biggest bang for your buck" I'd suggest Baker or Garrett. Unless Baker has another poor year, or Garrett decapitates a Steelers player this year, they'll probably be here for the long haul.
Landry, OBJ and Chubb? I wouldn't put money on these three guys being here in three years. (And I just bought a Chubb jersey knowing this.)
-
Nick Chubb if things work out right and he stays healthy the next Jim Brown. Class act and maybe more talented than #32.
Nick Chubb if things work out right and he stays healthy the next Jim Brown. Class act and maybe more talented than #32.
now that's a BOLD early projection.. but i kinda like it...with JB still in the house, maybe they trade some rushing style success stories..but he ain't JB quite yet!
As of now, I might ? see Nick as the lighter, quicker a foot/more power in the mid to late years of a LaGarrette Blount style back? but Nick still has 8 years to better above LB..
-
Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
How about Jim Browns? At least you know you can't go wrong.
-
-
Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
How about Jim Browns? At least you know you can't go wrong.
Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
How about Jim Browns? At least you know you can't go wrong.
HOF Classic, best Cleveland Brown and NFL running back ever ? Yeah you won't see that on the man-zel discount rack anytime soon.
Current player maybe Myles Garrett the Steeler hunter. Can't wait for rematch one.....but I'm sure everyone will be on their best behavior.

-
Unsure who’s jersey I want this year. Garrett, Baker, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. Decisions, decisions.
How about Jim Browns? At least you know you can't go wrong.
HOF Classic, best Cleveland Brown and NFL running back ever ? Yeah you won't see that on the man-zel discount rack anytime soon.
Current player maybe Myles Garrett the Steeler hunter. Can't wait for rematch one.....but I'm sure everyone will be on their best behavior.

HOF Classic, best Cleveland Brown and NFL running back ever ?
Uh....fucking hell YES.
Yeah you won't see that on the man-zel discount rack anytime soon.
No....but I don't know if ClevelandWantsPlayoffs was going for the bargain bin.
Current player maybe Myles Garrett the Steeler hunter. Can't wait for rematch one.....but I'm sure everyone will be on their best behavior.

-
Nick Chubb if things work out right and he stays healthy the next Jim Brown. Class act and maybe more talented than #32.
Nick Chubb if things work out right and he stays healthy the next Jim Brown. Class act and maybe more talented than #32.
The reason comparisons between Chubb and JB are apples to oranges is JB was 232 lb beast...at a time when lineman were about that size. That's just not even comparable.
-
Nick Chubb if things work out right and he stays healthy the next Jim Brown. Class act and maybe more talented than #32.
The reason comparisons between Chubb and JB are apples to oranges is JB was 232 lb beast...at a time when lineman were about that size. That's just not even comparable.
-
Nick Chubb if things work out right and he stays healthy the next Jim Brown. Class act and maybe more talented than #32.
The reason comparisons between Chubb and JB are apples to oranges is JB was 232 lb beast...at a time when lineman were about that size. That's just not even comparable.
The reason comparisons between Chubb and JB are apples to oranges is JB was 232 lb beast...at a time when lineman were about that size. That's just not even comparable.
If you look back at the 1964 BROWNS Championship team there were only players at 275 lbs and they were on defense. If you were 250-260 you were a pretty good size OL in the running era.
If you look today there are college teams with 5 OL all 6' 6"+. 300+ lbs and just getting ready for the professional game. Today's players are so much more conditioned, trained, strict workouts, diets on and on plus many in camps from their high school years.
JB was a freak in his day Chubb is a top RB today it will be fun to see him continue his career and where he ends up.
-
Not comparable - JB is already better than chubb.
JB was a pro bowler every year.
JB led the league in rushing 8 of his 9 yrs.. Chubb is 0/2.
Chubb is great.. but he's no JB. Stop this foolishness.
-
Not comparable - JB is already better than chubb.
JB was a pro bowler every year.
JB led the league in rushing 8 of his 9 yrs.. Chubb is 0/2.
Chubb is great.. but he's no JB. Stop this foolishness.
Not comparable - JB is already better than chubb.
JB was a pro bowler every year.
JB led the league in rushing 8 of his 9 yrs.. Chubb is 0/2.
Chubb is great.. but he's no JB. Stop this foolishness.
True, they aren't comparable, because the times and players are different. JB gave all the credit to his offensive line. The Browns offensive line is not as good as back in the day, the players didn't face the sophisticated defenses with the huge sized, athletic front sevens as they do today. All three - Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell and my favorite rb from back in the day, Leroy Kelly - were all Hall of Famers behind excellent offensive lines. Gene Hickerson !
But though it's an invalid comparison, it is also false to say Chubb isn't as great as Jim Brown was.
-
So, linemen today are just fatter......not as lean, fast, strong as those in JBs era?
I think they call this a "straw man argument."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login