Skip to content

Do you have any Browns' fan friends like this?

The Browns Board
43 15 938 1
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Before I could even make a joke about PoG he was in here beating me to it

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #5

    I really don't know any Browns fans here (do know a couple of OSU ones). 

    But I've been listening to A&M national champs since I was born and have yet to see one in football.

    Ironically the one I got a T-shirt for was when A&M won the NC in Golf by beating Arkansas on an amazing totally blind shot over a hill on the last hole 

    that spun back within a foot of the hole. The match was played in Toledo.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Tell me this was all set up. 3 seconds into the thread I was thinking about PoG. 

    He predicted a Superbowl win before the 0-16 season (after a 1-15).

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Cube, that sounds like most Browns fans this time of year.. Most get mad at me when I tell them the Browns will be lucky to win 6 games this year.. In Stephany I DO NOT TRUST!

  • I have a buddy who convinces himself - usually by May - that the Browns are Super Bowl contenders, or at the very least, headed in that direction.

    Now, I know fans tend to be optimistic on their team, but this guy is extreme. Every year - and I mean every year - he absolutely talks his way into the Browns headed to greatness. He's done it since I've known him - decades. He will go - position by position - and talk his way into believing each position is ready to top the NFL. He actually claimed - and believed - that Vinny Testaverde was a better QB than Steve Young, and this was when Young was in his prime. 

    Before last season,  he convinced himself that Cleveland's secondary was the best in the NFL (and, of course, believed they had the best WRs, best front 7 on D). 

    The funniest part of it all is after a Browns' loss, he goes into a full blown depression and completely falls apart and then goes on tirades over how terrible they are. Last year, it only took until week 1 for him ro go completely mental. After the TN game, which I warned him about, he claimed he hated the NFL, it was all fixed and he was done watching any of it again. But don't worry, it's June so he's back to thinking they are Super Bowl contenders again. 

    He has even gone to the extreme of unfriending and blocking anyone on facebook who ever tries to bring him back to reality. I know fandome is the same as being a zealot, so some of this can be expected. But seeing him go to such extremes is wild and bizarre. 

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @icecube said:

    I have a buddy who convinces himself - usually by May - that the Browns are Super Bowl contenders, or at the very least, headed in that direction.

    Now, I know fans tend to be optimistic on their team, but this guy is extreme. Every year - and I mean every year - he absolutely talks his way into the Browns headed to greatness. He's done it since I've known him - decades. He will go - position by position - and talk his way into believing each position is ready to top the NFL. He actually claimed - and believed - that Vinny Testaverde was a better QB than Steve Young, and this was when Young was in his prime. 

    Before last season,  he convinced himself that Cleveland's secondary was the best in the NFL (and, of course, believed they had the best WRs, best front 7 on D). 

    The funniest part of it all is after a Browns' loss, he goes into a full blown depression and completely falls apart and then goes on tirades over how terrible they are. Last year, it only took until week 1 for him ro go completely mental. After the TN game, which I warned him about, he claimed he hated the NFL, it was all fixed and he was done watching any of it again. But don't worry, it's June so he's back to thinking they are Super Bowl contenders again. 

    He has even gone to the extreme of unfriending and blocking anyone on facebook who ever tries to bring him back to reality. I know fandome is the same as being a zealot, so some of this can be expected. But seeing him go to such extremes is wild and bizarre. 

    I had no idea you even knew me...

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Dammit PoG! Thanks for the outright belly roll my man..... it was very much needed. 

  • Cube, that sounds like most Browns fans this time of year.. Most get mad at me when I tell them the Browns will be lucky to win 6 games this year.. In Stephany I DO NOT TRUST!

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @nickers said:

    Cube, that sounds like most Browns fans this time of year.. Most get mad at me when I tell them the Browns will be lucky to win 6 games this year.. In Stephany I DO NOT TRUST!

    To be fair ALL NFL fan bases have fans like this (overly optimistic in the off-season). But the guy I'm referring to takes it to an extreme level. I mean he lost it after just 1 game last year, after spending months proclaiming their greatness. He claimed Ward to be the best CB in the NFL, Baker to be on schedule to have a better career than Brady, and on and on. It blows my mind that he can hype the Browns April to Sept. and then completely lose his mind after a loss. It borders on mental illness. And by April he is back to convincing himself that they are approaching greatness again. 

    By the way, I warned him TN was no gimmee game and could win week 1. He scoffed. Then TN destroyed them. Then he claimed the NFL was fixed and he was done ever watching another game again....after just one week. And, yes, he's back to proclaiming that Cleveland is a Super Bowl favorite. Someone needs to tell KC and Balt. 

  • @nickers said:

    Cube, that sounds like most Browns fans this time of year.. Most get mad at me when I tell them the Browns will be lucky to win 6 games this year.. In Stephany I DO NOT TRUST!

    To be fair ALL NFL fan bases have fans like this (overly optimistic in the off-season). But the guy I'm referring to takes it to an extreme level. I mean he lost it after just 1 game last year, after spending months proclaiming their greatness. He claimed Ward to be the best CB in the NFL, Baker to be on schedule to have a better career than Brady, and on and on. It blows my mind that he can hype the Browns April to Sept. and then completely lose his mind after a loss. It borders on mental illness. And by April he is back to convincing himself that they are approaching greatness again. 

    By the way, I warned him TN was no gimmee game and could win week 1. He scoffed. Then TN destroyed them. Then he claimed the NFL was fixed and he was done ever watching another game again....after just one week. And, yes, he's back to proclaiming that Cleveland is a Super Bowl favorite. Someone needs to tell KC and Balt. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @icecube said:

    To be fair ALL NFL fan bases have fans like this (overly optimistic in the off-season). But the guy I'm referring to takes it to an extreme level. I mean he lost it after just 1 game last year, after spending months proclaiming their greatness. He claimed Ward to be the best CB in the NFL, Baker to be on schedule to have a better career than Brady, and on and on. It blows my mind that he can hype the Browns April to Sept. and then completely lose his mind after a loss. It borders on mental illness. And by April he is back to convincing himself that they are approaching greatness again. 

    By the way, I warned him TN was no gimmee game and could win week 1. He scoffed. Then TN destroyed them. Then he claimed the NFL was fixed and he was done ever watching another game again....after just one week. And, yes, he's back to proclaiming that Cleveland is a Super Bowl favorite. Someone needs to tell KC and Balt. 

    Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... They claim to "beat me up" and other stupid shit.. Yet.. They can't stop talking about me... I ignore them and yet... they both can't help themselves.. Stalkers come in all forms .... POG is a nice kid.. I applaud his enthusiasm.. A little far fetched and blinded he may be.. You can't question his love for the team.. And I suppose that is true for all of us.. Or we would not drive ourselves bat shit crazy with them year in and year out..

  • @icecube said:

    To be fair ALL NFL fan bases have fans like this (overly optimistic in the off-season). But the guy I'm referring to takes it to an extreme level. I mean he lost it after just 1 game last year, after spending months proclaiming their greatness. He claimed Ward to be the best CB in the NFL, Baker to be on schedule to have a better career than Brady, and on and on. It blows my mind that he can hype the Browns April to Sept. and then completely lose his mind after a loss. It borders on mental illness. And by April he is back to convincing himself that they are approaching greatness again. 

    By the way, I warned him TN was no gimmee game and could win week 1. He scoffed. Then TN destroyed them. Then he claimed the NFL was fixed and he was done ever watching another game again....after just one week. And, yes, he's back to proclaiming that Cleveland is a Super Bowl favorite. Someone needs to tell KC and Balt. 

    Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... They claim to "beat me up" and other stupid shit.. Yet.. They can't stop talking about me... I ignore them and yet... they both can't help themselves.. Stalkers come in all forms .... POG is a nice kid.. I applaud his enthusiasm.. A little far fetched and blinded he may be.. You can't question his love for the team.. And I suppose that is true for all of us.. Or we would not drive ourselves bat shit crazy with them year in and year out..

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @nickers said:

    Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... They claim to "beat me up" and other stupid shit.. Yet.. They can't stop talking about me... I ignore them and yet... they both can't help themselves.. Stalkers come in all forms .... POG is a nice kid.. I applaud his enthusiasm.. A little far fetched and blinded he may be.. You can't question his love for the team.. And I suppose that is true for all of us.. Or we would not drive ourselves bat shit crazy with them year in and year out..

    Yea, I have noticed that when those in need to proclaim they "beat so and so to a pulp" the opposite is usually true. I think it's a self esteem thing. Any ways, there are all degrees of fandom. But I just don't think it's a benefit to get so entangled on such a deep level that when the team sucks it ruins your happiness. What's the point in that? 

  • @icecube said:

    To be fair ALL NFL fan bases have fans like this (overly optimistic in the off-season). But the guy I'm referring to takes it to an extreme level. I mean he lost it after just 1 game last year, after spending months proclaiming their greatness. He claimed Ward to be the best CB in the NFL, Baker to be on schedule to have a better career than Brady, and on and on. It blows my mind that he can hype the Browns April to Sept. and then completely lose his mind after a loss. It borders on mental illness. And by April he is back to convincing himself that they are approaching greatness again. 

    By the way, I warned him TN was no gimmee game and could win week 1. He scoffed. Then TN destroyed them. Then he claimed the NFL was fixed and he was done ever watching another game again....after just one week. And, yes, he's back to proclaiming that Cleveland is a Super Bowl favorite. Someone needs to tell KC and Balt. 

    Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... They claim to "beat me up" and other stupid shit.. Yet.. They can't stop talking about me... I ignore them and yet... they both can't help themselves.. Stalkers come in all forms .... POG is a nice kid.. I applaud his enthusiasm.. A little far fetched and blinded he may be.. You can't question his love for the team.. And I suppose that is true for all of us.. Or we would not drive ourselves bat shit crazy with them year in and year out..

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nickers said:

    Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... 

    1. It's "their", not "they're". If you were really renting space in my head, you'd be a lot smarter, if only by osmosis.

    2. So nickers pays Warrior and me money, huh? The expression nickers so spectacularily failed to try and say is "I live in their heads rent-free". It is almost embarrassing how utterly stupid nickers is. Holy fuck, man. Embarrassing. 

  • @nickers said:

    Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... They claim to "beat me up" and other stupid shit.. Yet.. They can't stop talking about me... I ignore them and yet... they both can't help themselves.. Stalkers come in all forms .... POG is a nice kid.. I applaud his enthusiasm.. A little far fetched and blinded he may be.. You can't question his love for the team.. And I suppose that is true for all of us.. Or we would not drive ourselves bat shit crazy with them year in and year out..

    Yea, I have noticed that when those in need to proclaim they "beat so and so to a pulp" the opposite is usually true. I think it's a self esteem thing. Any ways, there are all degrees of fandom. But I just don't think it's a benefit to get so entangled on such a deep level that when the team sucks it ruins your happiness. What's the point in that? 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @icecube said:

    Yea, I have noticed that when those in need to proclaim they "beat so and so to a pulp" the opposite is usually true. I think it's a self esteem thing. Any ways, there are all degrees of fandom. But I just don't think it's a benefit to get so entangled on such a deep level that when the team sucks it ruins your happiness. What's the point in that? 

    I won't speak for all of us.. But lets just acknowledge many us are conditioned for the worst because , lets be frank.. Since even before they left.. And came back.. They haven't given us much in 30 years..One playoff appearance isn't much to go on.... Every year its the same dog n pony show.. We win the off season then reality hits us in the face by week 4... And time is running out on a few of us.. God only hands out so many mulligans...

  • Tell me this was all set up. 3 seconds into the thread I was thinking about PoG. 

    He predicted a Superbowl win before the 0-16 season (after a 1-15).

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @nero said:

    Tell me this was all set up. 3 seconds into the thread I was thinking about PoG. 

    He predicted a Superbowl win before the 0-16 season (after a 1-15).

    Sorry for Party Rocking - Wikipedia

  • @icecube said:

    Yea, I have noticed that when those in need to proclaim they "beat so and so to a pulp" the opposite is usually true. I think it's a self esteem thing. Any ways, there are all degrees of fandom. But I just don't think it's a benefit to get so entangled on such a deep level that when the team sucks it ruins your happiness. What's the point in that? 

    I won't speak for all of us.. But lets just acknowledge many us are conditioned for the worst because , lets be frank.. Since even before they left.. And came back.. They haven't given us much in 30 years..One playoff appearance isn't much to go on.... Every year its the same dog n pony show.. We win the off season then reality hits us in the face by week 4... And time is running out on a few of us.. God only hands out so many mulligans...

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nickers said:

    I won't speak for all of us.. But lets just acknowledge many us are conditioned for the worst because , lets be frank.. Since even before they left.. And came back.. They haven't given us much in 30 years..One playoff appearance isn't much to go on.... Every year its the same dog n pony show.. We win the off season then reality hits us in the face by week 4... And time is running out on a few of us.. God only hands out so many mulligans...

    In all honesty, it's been since the Marty-Bernie era since they truly contended. '86-'89. That team was a legit contender, at least on the AFC side.  

  • This IS the year.

    And btw that Tenn game while maybe not fixed it certainly was bullshit. There was clearly a block in the back that allowed Henry to run off that screen for a TD... 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @poeticg said:

    This IS the year.

    And btw that Tenn game while maybe not fixed it certainly was bullshit. There was clearly a block in the back that allowed Henry to run off that screen for a TD... 

    Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'. 

  • @poeticg said:

    This IS the year.

    And btw that Tenn game while maybe not fixed it certainly was bullshit. There was clearly a block in the back that allowed Henry to run off that screen for a TD... 

    Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #18

    @icecube said:

    Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'. 

    Everything that happened after that one moment in time was entirely and solely because of that one moment, and no one on earth was responsible for anything after that moment - Signed Today's Society 

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I’ve had a hopeless optimism many years in the past, I can’t lie.

    I try not to get too excited about the season anymore but it’s pretty tough to contain that excitement this year...

  • I’ve had a hopeless optimism many years in the past, I can’t lie.

    I try not to get too excited about the season anymore but it’s pretty tough to contain that excitement this year...

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I’ve had a hopeless optimism many years in the past, I can’t lie.

    I try not to get too excited about the season anymore but it’s pretty tough to contain that excitement this year...

    I like their chances this year more than last. 

  • @poeticg said:

    This IS the year.

    And btw that Tenn game while maybe not fixed it certainly was bullshit. There was clearly a block in the back that allowed Henry to run off that screen for a TD... 

    Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG
    #21

    @icecube said:

    Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'. 

    It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.

    After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.

  • @icecube said:

    Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'. 

    It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.

    After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @poeticg said:

    It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.

    attaboy Superfan! 

    Clearly, Cube has never seen Poe'G tell someone to "hold his ?"..while Eric Mangini takes notes.. 5k6D.gif        

  • @icecube said:

    Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'. 

    It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.

    After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @poeticg said:

    It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.

    After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.

    Well, someone in here (forget who) was telling me that Henry couldn't even whiff Chubb's farts - that Henry was no where near as good as Chubb. I warned against Henry tearing it up week one. I think Henry proved he was a very, very good RB, like maybe the best in the NFL. (Didn't he win the rushing title last year?)