Do you have any Browns' fan friends like this?
-
To be fair ALL NFL fan bases have fans like this (overly optimistic in the off-season). But the guy I'm referring to takes it to an extreme level. I mean he lost it after just 1 game last year, after spending months proclaiming their greatness. He claimed Ward to be the best CB in the NFL, Baker to be on schedule to have a better career than Brady, and on and on. It blows my mind that he can hype the Browns April to Sept. and then completely lose his mind after a loss. It borders on mental illness. And by April he is back to convincing himself that they are approaching greatness again.
By the way, I warned him TN was no gimmee game and could win week 1. He scoffed. Then TN destroyed them. Then he claimed the NFL was fixed and he was done ever watching another game again....after just one week. And, yes, he's back to proclaiming that Cleveland is a Super Bowl favorite. Someone needs to tell KC and Balt.
Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... They claim to "beat me up" and other stupid shit.. Yet.. They can't stop talking about me... I ignore them and yet... they both can't help themselves.. Stalkers come in all forms .... POG is a nice kid.. I applaud his enthusiasm.. A little far fetched and blinded he may be.. You can't question his love for the team.. And I suppose that is true for all of us.. Or we would not drive ourselves bat shit crazy with them year in and year out..
Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads...
1. It's "their", not "they're". If you were really renting space in my head, you'd be a lot smarter, if only by osmosis.
2. So nickers pays Warrior and me money, huh? The expression nickers so spectacularily failed to try and say is "I live in their heads rent-free". It is almost embarrassing how utterly stupid nickers is. Holy fuck, man. Embarrassing.
-
Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads... They claim to "beat me up" and other stupid shit.. Yet.. They can't stop talking about me... I ignore them and yet... they both can't help themselves.. Stalkers come in all forms .... POG is a nice kid.. I applaud his enthusiasm.. A little far fetched and blinded he may be.. You can't question his love for the team.. And I suppose that is true for all of us.. Or we would not drive ourselves bat shit crazy with them year in and year out..
Yea, I have noticed that when those in need to proclaim they "beat so and so to a pulp" the opposite is usually true. I think it's a self esteem thing. Any ways, there are all degrees of fandom. But I just don't think it's a benefit to get so entangled on such a deep level that when the team sucks it ruins your happiness. What's the point in that?
Yea, I have noticed that when those in need to proclaim they "beat so and so to a pulp" the opposite is usually true. I think it's a self esteem thing. Any ways, there are all degrees of fandom. But I just don't think it's a benefit to get so entangled on such a deep level that when the team sucks it ruins your happiness. What's the point in that?
I won't speak for all of us.. But lets just acknowledge many us are conditioned for the worst because , lets be frank.. Since even before they left.. And came back.. They haven't given us much in 30 years..One playoff appearance isn't much to go on.... Every year its the same dog n pony show.. We win the off season then reality hits us in the face by week 4... And time is running out on a few of us.. God only hands out so many mulligans...
-
Tell me this was all set up. 3 seconds into the thread I was thinking about PoG.
He predicted a Superbowl win before the 0-16 season (after a 1-15).
-
Yea, I have noticed that when those in need to proclaim they "beat so and so to a pulp" the opposite is usually true. I think it's a self esteem thing. Any ways, there are all degrees of fandom. But I just don't think it's a benefit to get so entangled on such a deep level that when the team sucks it ruins your happiness. What's the point in that?
I won't speak for all of us.. But lets just acknowledge many us are conditioned for the worst because , lets be frank.. Since even before they left.. And came back.. They haven't given us much in 30 years..One playoff appearance isn't much to go on.... Every year its the same dog n pony show.. We win the off season then reality hits us in the face by week 4... And time is running out on a few of us.. God only hands out so many mulligans...
I won't speak for all of us.. But lets just acknowledge many us are conditioned for the worst because , lets be frank.. Since even before they left.. And came back.. They haven't given us much in 30 years..One playoff appearance isn't much to go on.... Every year its the same dog n pony show.. We win the off season then reality hits us in the face by week 4... And time is running out on a few of us.. God only hands out so many mulligans...
In all honesty, it's been since the Marty-Bernie era since they truly contended. '86-'89. That team was a legit contender, at least on the AFC side.
-
This IS the year.
And btw that Tenn game while maybe not fixed it certainly was bullshit. There was clearly a block in the back that allowed Henry to run off that screen for a TD...
-
Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'.
Everything that happened after that one moment in time was entirely and solely because of that one moment, and no one on earth was responsible for anything after that moment - Signed Today's Society
-
I’ve had a hopeless optimism many years in the past, I can’t lie.
I try not to get too excited about the season anymore but it’s pretty tough to contain that excitement this year...
-
I’ve had a hopeless optimism many years in the past, I can’t lie.
I try not to get too excited about the season anymore but it’s pretty tough to contain that excitement this year...
I’ve had a hopeless optimism many years in the past, I can’t lie.
I try not to get too excited about the season anymore but it’s pretty tough to contain that excitement this year...
I like their chances this year more than last.
-
Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'.
It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.
After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.
-
Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'.
It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.
After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.
-
Bra, 43-13...I am pretty sure one missed call didn't determine the outcome of that whoopin'.
It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.
After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.
It was 15-13 when they handed the game to Tenn by allowing them to get away with that crap.
After that the writing was on the wall and it was clear they weren't going to be doing us any favors. The air was sucked out the stadium.
Well, someone in here (forget who) was telling me that Henry couldn't even whiff Chubb's farts - that Henry was no where near as good as Chubb. I warned against Henry tearing it up week one. I think Henry proved he was a very, very good RB, like maybe the best in the NFL. (Didn't he win the rushing title last year?)
-
Cube, that sounds like most Browns fans this time of year.. Most get mad at me when I tell them the Browns will be lucky to win 6 games this year.. In Stephany I DO NOT TRUST!
Cube, that sounds like most Browns fans this time of year.. Most get mad at me when I tell them the Browns will be lucky to win 6 games this year.. In Stephany I DO NOT TRUST!
It's not that I don't trust Kevin Stefanski; he seems like a good HC prospect. But new coaches need time to both gel with their players and to get them used to their playbook, and with minicamps and training camp being cancelled or modified due to the 'rona, I think Stefanski doesn't have the best situation to maximize his potential this year. I don't think it's going to be as bad as a 6 win or less season this year like you suggest, but 7-9 to 9-7 record is more likely. Might get in to the playoffs via wildcard with that record, but I think that the Ravens are probably going to win the division this year due to being the more established team.
-
Some folks are gluttons for punishment.. I mean look at Warriorpussy and Dutch.. I rent space in they're heads...
1. It's "their", not "they're". If you were really renting space in my head, you'd be a lot smarter, if only by osmosis.
2. So nickers pays Warrior and me money, huh? The expression nickers so spectacularily failed to try and say is "I live in their heads rent-free". It is almost embarrassing how utterly stupid nickers is. Holy fuck, man. Embarrassing.
1. It's "their", not "they're". If you were really renting space in my head, you'd be a lot smarter, if only by osmosis.
2. So nickers pays Warrior and me money, huh? The expression nickers so spectacularily failed to try and say is "I live in their heads rent-free". It is almost embarrassing how utterly stupid nickers is. Holy fuck, man. Embarrassing.
Thank God the grammar Nazi got here. And, ironically, you misspelled "spectacularly." LMFAO.
-
Cube, that sounds like most Browns fans this time of year.. Most get mad at me when I tell them the Browns will be lucky to win 6 games this year.. In Stephany I DO NOT TRUST!
It's not that I don't trust Kevin Stefanski; he seems like a good HC prospect. But new coaches need time to both gel with their players and to get them used to their playbook, and with minicamps and training camp being cancelled or modified due to the 'rona, I think Stefanski doesn't have the best situation to maximize his potential this year. I don't think it's going to be as bad as a 6 win or less season this year like you suggest, but 7-9 to 9-7 record is more likely. Might get in to the playoffs via wildcard with that record, but I think that the Ravens are probably going to win the division this year due to being the more established team.
It's not that I don't trust Kevin Stefanski; he seems like a good HC prospect. But new coaches need time to both gel with their players and to get them used to their playbook, and with minicamps and training camp being cancelled or modified due to the 'rona, I think Stefanski doesn't have the best situation to maximize his potential this year. I don't think it's going to be as bad as a 6 win or less season this year like you suggest, but 7-9 to 9-7 record is more likely. Might get in to the playoffs via wildcard with that record, but I think that the Ravens are probably going to win the division this year due to being the more established team.
It's a terrible year to be a new, 1st-year HC. And not only will it be very difficult to place higher than Balt., but if Roethlisberger can stay healthy, Pitt will be tough to beat out as well. (But if Ben goes down, Browns will post a better record I believe).
-
1. It's "their", not "they're". If you were really renting space in my head, you'd be a lot smarter, if only by osmosis.
2. So nickers pays Warrior and me money, huh? The expression nickers so spectacularily failed to try and say is "I live in their heads rent-free". It is almost embarrassing how utterly stupid nickers is. Holy fuck, man. Embarrassing.
Thank God the grammar Nazi got here. And, ironically, you misspelled "spectacularly." LMFAO.
-
Congratulations, it only took you a week to catch it!
But your love for nickers knows no time limits.
You mean icecubes may get put into one's nickers?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
-
Congratulations, it only took you a week to catch it!
But your love for nickers knows no time limits.
Unlike you, I don't sit and read every post in every thread every day. I find it hilarious that in the same post you went grammar Nazi, you misspelled words yourself. It might be the funniest thing I've seen in here in a while. Keep up the good work. I need some humor in my life right now.
-
Congratulations, it only took you a week to catch it!
But your love for nickers knows no time limits.
Unlike you, I don't sit and read every post in every thread every day. I find it hilarious that in the same post you went grammar Nazi, you misspelled words yourself. It might be the funniest thing I've seen in here in a while. Keep up the good work. I need some humor in my life right now.
Unlike you, I don't sit and read every post in every thread every day. I find it hilarious that in the same post you went grammar Nazi, you misspelled words yourself. It might be the funniest thing I've seen in here in a while. Keep up the good work. I need some humor in my life right now.
I can imagine making up lies about fictional sources telling you what is going to happen to OBJ must be a real time drain for you, huh?
You need humor in your life right now? Does it suck as much as most of your posts on here? I would find THAT hilarious. ?
-
Unlike you, I don't sit and read every post in every thread every day. I find it hilarious that in the same post you went grammar Nazi, you misspelled words yourself. It might be the funniest thing I've seen in here in a while. Keep up the good work. I need some humor in my life right now.
I can imagine making up lies about fictional sources telling you what is going to happen to OBJ must be a real time drain for you, huh?
You need humor in your life right now? Does it suck as much as most of your posts on here? I would find THAT hilarious. ?
I can imagine making up lies about fictional sources telling you what is going to happen to OBJ must be a real time drain for you, huh?
You need humor in your life right now? Does it suck as much as most of your posts on here? I would find THAT hilarious. ?
Yea, you would find someone's grief funny. You're just not a nice human being. I will say a prayer for you.
-
I can imagine making up lies about fictional sources telling you what is going to happen to OBJ must be a real time drain for you, huh?
You need humor in your life right now? Does it suck as much as most of your posts on here? I would find THAT hilarious. ?
Yea, you would find someone's grief funny. You're just not a nice human being. I will say a prayer for you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login