Skip to content

Football and coronavirus

The Browns Board
188 24 5.4k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Trump puts his brand on many things he doesn't own and  had nothing to do with creating.  So, while he certainly didn't create this....he has certainly branded this with his name like he owns it. 

    Nah.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nah.

    Yavol. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    ...shouldn't be a problem playing the game...

    Remembering the Freezer Bowl warmly

  • ...shouldn't be a problem playing the game...

    Remembering the Freezer Bowl warmly

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    ...shouldn't be a problem playing the game...

    Remembering the Freezer Bowl warmly

    MLB is already having a big problem; and they rarely ever have this many players this close together inhaling each other's asss breath during their games.

    I wonder what week the NFL will come out of denial and end the season... 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen

    My guess is week 3-4 after about 20% of the league test positive.   Fuck the Chinese.

    To edit....that is a great image...MLB doesn't have nearly as much close contact and is seeing infections rise.

  • My guess is week 3-4 after about 20% of the league test positive.   Fuck the Chinese.

    To edit....that is a great image...MLB doesn't have nearly as much close contact and is seeing infections rise.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    @ballpeen said:

    Fuck the Chinese

    Careful with that logic.. h1n1 of 2009 and the flu of 1918 both started in the US.. Interestingly the 1918 flu is also an h1n1.

    It's generally known as the spanish flu because spain's newspaper industry was the first to report on it.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Oh you guys are too much.      😆

  • @orion said:

    ...shouldn't be a problem playing the game...

    Remembering the Freezer Bowl warmly

    MLB is already having a big problem; and they rarely ever have this many players this close together inhaling each other's asss breath during their games.

    I wonder what week the NFL will come out of denial and end the season... 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    MLB is already having a big problem; and they rarely ever have this many players this close together inhaling each other's asss breath during their games.

    I wonder what week the NFL will come out of denial and end the season... 

    Oh yeah what could go wrong there ?

    5cb09abc2400007600067db2.jpg

  • @ballpeen said:

    Fuck the Chinese

    Careful with that logic.. h1n1 of 2009 and the flu of 1918 both started in the US.. Interestingly the 1918 flu is also an h1n1.

    It's generally known as the spanish flu because spain's newspaper industry was the first to report on it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Careful with that logic.. h1n1 of 2009 and the flu of 1918 both started in the US.. Interestingly the 1918 flu is also an h1n1.

    It's generally known as the spanish flu because spain's newspaper industry was the first to report on it.

    And FYI,  the US at times has had more cases...and deaths in a single day from CV-19  than China has had the last 6 months.  

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
  • @unsympathetic said:

    Careful with that logic.. h1n1 of 2009 and the flu of 1918 both started in the US.. Interestingly the 1918 flu is also an h1n1.

    It's generally known as the spanish flu because spain's newspaper industry was the first to report on it.

    And FYI,  the US at times has had more cases...and deaths in a single day from CV-19  than China has had the last 6 months.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    And FYI,  the US at times has had more cases...and deaths in a single day from CV-19  than China has had the last 6 months.  

    We're not good at it.  But believing anything China has to say is risky.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And FYI,  the US at times has had more cases...and deaths in a single day from CV-19  than China has had the last 6 months.  

    We're not good at it.  But believing anything China has to say is risky.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    We're not good at it.  But believing anything China has to say is risky.

    If by that you mean untrustworthy yeah OK I get that. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Billings opts out for the season.

    I've said it several times - he was/is that sneaky improvement which gave this defensive interior some real power.   Now?  Yeeesh.   

  • @orion said:

    We're not good at it.  But believing anything China has to say is risky.

    If by that you mean untrustworthy yeah OK I get that. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    @the-gipper said:

    If by that you mean untrustworthy

    Huh?  The US policy towards China since literally before I was born has consisted of elites putting fingers in their ears saying "LALALA".  They told themselves a fantasy based on ZERO evidence - that if the US threw enough money at China [excuse me, "liberalized" them] then the Chinese government would by the process of underpants gnomes magically transmogrify into a representative democracy.  It had zero actual chance of working then - and now.

    The point is that the Chinese NEVER promised they would -- they simply didn't say anything while the US leaders invented fairy tales.. no different than that fairy tale about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction [and iraqi soldiers killing kuwaiti babies, etc etc].

    Don't be swayed by outright propaganda --- the US had plenty of representation at the WHO and other world medical groups where China was reporting all of this information quite diligently -- and accurately.  The first warning publication in the US was.. January 2020.  In DC.  China didn't lie outright or by omission -- US leaders simply chose not to pay attention to the actual content of the Chinese communication.. just like Nixon in the 70's.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    I think I've come up with a solution so that we can have football... I'm working on a prototype tomorrow after work.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    Your marriage to Trent Richardson in a civil ceremony may very well be a solution to something, but I'm not sure we agree on the problem it solves.

  • Your marriage to Trent Richardson in a civil ceremony may very well be a solution to something, but I'm not sure we agree on the problem it solves.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Your marriage to Trent Richardson in a civil ceremony may very well be a solution to something, but I'm not sure we agree on the problem it solves.

    Thankfully I had already swallowed my coffee when I read this. 

  • I think I've come up with a solution so that we can have football... I'm working on a prototype tomorrow after work.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    I think I've come up with a solution so that we can have football... I'm working on a prototype tomorrow after work.

    @poeticg said:

    I think I've come up with a solution so that we can have football... I'm working on a prototype tomorrow after work.

    Its been done.  See the Survey thread.   So, you don't need to bother. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    The five Browns players who opted out for the 2020 season are OL Colby Gossett, OG Drew Forbes, OT Drake Dorbeck, DT Andrew Billings, OG Malcolm Pridgeon

  • The five Browns players who opted out for the 2020 season are OL Colby Gossett, OG Drew Forbes, OT Drake Dorbeck, DT Andrew Billings, OG Malcolm Pridgeon

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    The five Browns players who opted out for the 2020 season are OL Colby Gossett, OG Drew Forbes, OT Drake Dorbeck, DT Andrew Billings, OG Malcolm Pridgeon

    Would it be fair to say that all but Forbes in Billings may have possibly not made the final roster anyway. And by opting out now They are just ensuring themselves that they are going to get a paycheck but they likely would not have been getting once they were cut?

  • @orion said:

    The five Browns players who opted out for the 2020 season are OL Colby Gossett, OG Drew Forbes, OT Drake Dorbeck, DT Andrew Billings, OG Malcolm Pridgeon

    Would it be fair to say that all but Forbes in Billings may have possibly not made the final roster anyway. And by opting out now They are just ensuring themselves that they are going to get a paycheck but they likely would not have been getting once they were cut?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion

    @the-gipper said:

    Would it be fair to say that all but Forbes in Billings may have possibly not made the final roster anyway. And by opting out now They are just ensuring themselves that they are going to get a paycheck but they likely would not have been getting once they were cut?

    I raised that question about a week ago.  But certain criteria has to be met.  I don't think that Dorbeck or Pridgeon meet the criteria and will not get any money.  They DO however get an invite to camp next year...which might be a better year to show their talent in order to make the team.