Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. I hope I never have to use this

I hope I never have to use this

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
27 Posts 10 Posters 508 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jbluhm86 jbluhm86J Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 3k Posts
    • 883 Reputation
    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    ...but the world is getting a bit too crazy out there to not be prepared, just in case.

    Si vis pacem, para bellum

    82687146_IMG_20200613_1252443963.thumb.jpg.6a524b1214bcae0598b500a9f6b16926.jpg

    "That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”. - Christopher Hitchens "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you". - Neil deGrasse Tyson
    1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 12k Posts
      • 7k Reputation
      Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
      #2

      The Libs of the world would tell you that you shouldn’t even own a gun.

      Welcome to the club!

      Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        It is getting insane. And as much as I can't stand liberals and their over reach I don't relish the idea of going back to the Wild West. 

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
          • 13k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          What kind of piece do you have in mind? 

          jbluhm86J 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • tiamat63T tiamat63

            What kind of piece do you have in mind? 

            jbluhm86 jbluhm86J Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 3k Posts
            • 883 Reputation
            jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tiamat63 said:

            What kind of piece do you have in mind? 

            Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

            "That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”. - Christopher Hitchens "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you". - Neil deGrasse Tyson
            VamboV Canton DawgC tiamat63T 3 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • jbluhm86J jbluhm86

              @tiamat63 said:

              What kind of piece do you have in mind? 

              Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

              Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 18k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @jbluhm86 said:

              Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

              I would suggest go to a range where they rent guns to fire there, try out different models and find one that fits you.  Don't cheap out on it if the SHTF you want to have a reliable weapon and not have to worry about jamming or misfiring.  Look for one that you are able to be consistent as in grouping pattern.  Most important safety first and foremost good luck and hopefully as you say you never have to use it.

              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • jbluhm86J jbluhm86

                @tiamat63 said:

                What kind of piece do you have in mind? 

                Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

                Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 12k Posts
                • 7k Reputation
                Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @jbluhm86 said:

                Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

                I can’t comment on the Taurus, but I’ve had good luck with Rugers in the past.

                Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                jbluhm86J 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • jbluhm86J jbluhm86

                  @tiamat63 said:

                  What kind of piece do you have in mind? 

                  Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

                  tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                  • 13k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @jbluhm86 said:

                  Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

                  I know 2 friends with a Taurus, actually one is a co-worker.  Haven't heard any real complaints.  I was actually looking at a lightweight 9 with capacity for a lady friend.   Stumbled across a nice little colt - commander I believe? Checking it at about 1k though.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 14k Posts
                    • 5k Reputation
                    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Yeah, Its been on my mind too...

                    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg

                      @jbluhm86 said:

                      Although I don't live in Cincinnati, I work there - at night no less - so I figured having a compact 9mm for the glovebox would be prudent. So far I've looked at a Taurus G2C and a Ruger EC95; both are less than $250 before taxes and fees. Trying to keep my price point below $400, but people late to the party can't choose which music they dance to, I suppose. I'm open to suggestions if you have them.

                      I can’t comment on the Taurus, but I’ve had good luck with Rugers in the past.

                      jbluhm86 jbluhm86J Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 3k Posts
                      • 883 Reputation
                      jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @canton-dawg said:

                      I can’t comment on the Taurus, but I’ve had good luck with Rugers in the past.

                      The Ruger I was looking at was nice, and it fit in my hand pretty comfortably. 

                      Only downside is that the EC95 is a 7+1.

                      "That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”. - Christopher Hitchens "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you". - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 676 Posts
                        • 249 Reputation
                        lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by lodilobo
                        #11

                        My favorite hand guns are Smith & Wesson revolvers. I carry an Air weight, titanium frame 44 magnum with a 2" barrel. I hope I never have to use it...mostly because it  will kick like a mule, and ruin what's left of my hearing. I used a Ruger .357 2" barrel revolver for my CCW license about 10 years ago, and was pleased with the accuracy. My .357 police revolver is by far my favorite to fire. Extremely accurate, and smooth action. I've never owned a semi automatic hand gun. They don't "feel right" to me. 

                        Canton DawgC jbluhm86J 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • lodiloboL lodilobo

                          My favorite hand guns are Smith & Wesson revolvers. I carry an Air weight, titanium frame 44 magnum with a 2" barrel. I hope I never have to use it...mostly because it  will kick like a mule, and ruin what's left of my hearing. I used a Ruger .357 2" barrel revolver for my CCW license about 10 years ago, and was pleased with the accuracy. My .357 police revolver is by far my favorite to fire. Extremely accurate, and smooth action. I've never owned a semi automatic hand gun. They don't "feel right" to me. 

                          Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                          • 12k Posts
                          • 7k Reputation
                          Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @lodilobo said:

                          My favorite hand guns are Smith & Wesson revolvers. I carry an Air weight, titanium frame 44 magnum with a 2" barrel. I hope I never have to use it...mostly because it  will kick like a mule, and ruin what's left of my hearing. I used a Ruger .357 2" barrel revolver for my CCW license about 10 years ago, and was pleased with the accuracy. My .357 police revolver is by far my favorite to fire. Extremely accurate, and smooth action. I've never owned a semi automatic hand gun. They don't "feel right" to me. 

                          I agree, I’m pretty much a revolver guy myself.

                           I’m guessing that I owned over a 100 pistols over the years, and over the last 10 years I’ve become a snob.

                          Just give me a gun that works, and that’s a revolver.

                          To steal a catchphrase from a camera maker, they’re point and shoot.

                          Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • lodiloboL lodilobo

                            My favorite hand guns are Smith & Wesson revolvers. I carry an Air weight, titanium frame 44 magnum with a 2" barrel. I hope I never have to use it...mostly because it  will kick like a mule, and ruin what's left of my hearing. I used a Ruger .357 2" barrel revolver for my CCW license about 10 years ago, and was pleased with the accuracy. My .357 police revolver is by far my favorite to fire. Extremely accurate, and smooth action. I've never owned a semi automatic hand gun. They don't "feel right" to me. 

                            jbluhm86 jbluhm86J Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 3k Posts
                            • 883 Reputation
                            jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @lodilobo said:

                            My favorite hand guns are Smith & Wesson revolvers. I carry an Air weight, titanium frame 44 magnum with a 2" barrel. I hope I never have to use it...mostly because it  will kick like a mule, and ruin what's left of my hearing. I used a Ruger .357 2" barrel revolver for my CCW license about 10 years ago, and was pleased with the accuracy. My .357 police revolver is by far my favorite to fire. Extremely accurate, and smooth action. I've never owned a semi automatic hand gun. They don't "feel right" to me. 

                            A revolver is an interesting thought. I'm wanting a CCW gun for my car, specifically to keep in the glove box. By chance, to you also use a speed loader with your CCW revolver?

                            "That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”. - Christopher Hitchens "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you". - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                            Canton DawgC lodiloboL 2 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • jbluhm86J jbluhm86

                              @lodilobo said:

                              My favorite hand guns are Smith & Wesson revolvers. I carry an Air weight, titanium frame 44 magnum with a 2" barrel. I hope I never have to use it...mostly because it  will kick like a mule, and ruin what's left of my hearing. I used a Ruger .357 2" barrel revolver for my CCW license about 10 years ago, and was pleased with the accuracy. My .357 police revolver is by far my favorite to fire. Extremely accurate, and smooth action. I've never owned a semi automatic hand gun. They don't "feel right" to me. 

                              A revolver is an interesting thought. I'm wanting a CCW gun for my car, specifically to keep in the glove box. By chance, to you also use a speed loader with your CCW revolver?

                              Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                              • 12k Posts
                              • 7k Reputation
                              Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @jbluhm86 said:

                              A revolver is an interesting thought. I'm wanting a CCW gun for my car, specifically to keep in the glove box. By chance, to you also use a speed loader with your CCW revolver?

                              Do you plan on a shoot out?

                              Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                              jbluhm86J 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg

                                @jbluhm86 said:

                                A revolver is an interesting thought. I'm wanting a CCW gun for my car, specifically to keep in the glove box. By chance, to you also use a speed loader with your CCW revolver?

                                Do you plan on a shoot out?

                                jbluhm86 jbluhm86J Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 3k Posts
                                • 883 Reputation
                                jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @canton-dawg said:

                                Do you plan on a shoot out?

                                With the way the world looks like it's heading, would that be out of the realm of possibility?

                                "That which can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”. - Christopher Hitchens "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you". - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                                Canton DawgC 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • jbluhm86J jbluhm86

                                  @canton-dawg said:

                                  Do you plan on a shoot out?

                                  With the way the world looks like it's heading, would that be out of the realm of possibility?

                                  Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                  • 12k Posts
                                  • 7k Reputation
                                  Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @jbluhm86 said:

                                  With the way the world looks like it's heading, would that be out of the realm of possibility?

                                  To make a long story short, a pistol is for an up close and personal confrontation.

                                  If you think you need to fire 20 shots to neutralize a threat, I would suggest spending more time practicing.

                                  The only time I wished my Colt Python .357 had a larger capacity, was when I took it on an Alaskan fishing trip.

                                  Fortunately, the bears left me alone and I didn’t need it.

                                  On a side note, I asked my guide about pepper spray for bears.

                                  His reply, “I don’t want a bear to cry...I want to make him dead”!

                                  Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                    • 28k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    If you think you're going to be in a shoot out while driving to/from work, then quit.  Or carry a AR-15 with a nice big clip of ammo.  Also some body armor.

                                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                    jbluhm86J 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                      • 64k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                                      #18

                                      it really is getting to that point, folks.

                                      https://www.theblaze.com/news/frightened-drivers-call-911-over-protesters-threatening-surrounding-them-one-dispatcher-replies-we-were-told-by-our-mayor-to-stand-down

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • jbluhm86J jbluhm86

                                        @lodilobo said:

                                        My favorite hand guns are Smith & Wesson revolvers. I carry an Air weight, titanium frame 44 magnum with a 2" barrel. I hope I never have to use it...mostly because it  will kick like a mule, and ruin what's left of my hearing. I used a Ruger .357 2" barrel revolver for my CCW license about 10 years ago, and was pleased with the accuracy. My .357 police revolver is by far my favorite to fire. Extremely accurate, and smooth action. I've never owned a semi automatic hand gun. They don't "feel right" to me. 

                                        A revolver is an interesting thought. I'm wanting a CCW gun for my car, specifically to keep in the glove box. By chance, to you also use a speed loader with your CCW revolver?

                                        lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 676 Posts
                                        • 249 Reputation
                                        lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @jbluhm86 said:

                                        A revolver is an interesting thought. I'm wanting a CCW gun for my car, specifically to keep in the glove box. By chance, to you also use a speed loader with your CCW revolver?

                                        No....but I do usually carry multiple revolver in my vehicle.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • lodilobo lodiloboL Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Very Popular Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 676 Posts
                                          • 249 Reputation
                                          lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @calfoxwc said:

                                          I've thought about getting a revolver one of these days, as a back up in case my walther jams (semi auto). But even though "it will never happen"...

                                          a shootout vs two shooters in a store...six shots is risky, and I can't imagine trying to quickly reload. I can drop a mag and add the new one really quickly. That's about 20 shots.

                                          I really want to start studying krav maga this summer.

                                          Been wondering how much my little .22lr pistol would do in an assault situation - one antifa with a baseball bat, maybe I could shoot the bat out of his hands... depending on the distance, if I only had sweatpants and a tshirt out walking somewhere.

                                          A .22lr pistol is a nice little target pistol. I also have one. But don't rely on it to stop anything serious. 

                                          W 1 Reply Last reply
                                          👍
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate