Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Dumb question,about Week 1...Vikings

Dumb question,about Week 1...Vikings

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
16 Posts 15 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ImpactPlaya I
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    I ImpactPlaya wrote on last edited by
    #1

    In your guys opinion,which scenario would have more ramifications on at least in the 1st half of the season?

    The Browns losing to the Vikings or beating the Vikings?

    I think beating a NFC power could give the Browns a octane boost to start the season....much much needed optimism could kick start a surprising start.

    Its been awhile since the Browns won a season opener.....was it the Ravens when Garcia was QB?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 139 Reputation
      cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
      #2

      If we can hold AP to 100 yards and 1 td, we will win. It would be a big boost but nothing really matters till we beat the Ravens and the Steelers

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • pl4tinum P
        • 504 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        P pl4tinum wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Tarvaris Jackson just sprained his MCL too, things are lookin good!

        2009-10 Browns Prediction: 8-8
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • smash5355 S
          • 6 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          S smash5355 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          To really see where the Browns stand I would like to see the Vikings at there best, win or no win

          GipsG 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • S smash5355

            To really see where the Browns stand I would like to see the Vikings at there best, win or no win

            Gips GipsG
            • 3k Posts
            • 34 Reputation
            GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @smash5355 said:

            To really see where the Browns stand I would like to see the Vikings at there best, win or no win

            To really see where the browns stand they will need to jel as a unit this will likely take a few games into the regular season and some hefty adjustments for our players so the more disorganized/beat up the vikings are the better chance we have to start putting it together...now by mid-season i want to see the browns playing teams that are at their best to see where we stand....hehehehehe 😉

            We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • OconRecon OconReconO Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 1k Posts
              • 2 Reputation
              OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I really don't want to start the season losing to a guy named Sage.

              hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • 88fingerslewy ?
                • Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                ? 88fingerslewy wrote on last edited by
                #7

                1st half of the season is lop-sided home-away. 1 home 2 away, 1 home 2 away, 1 home 2 away. Gotta get the W's at home.

                Getting beat by a guy named Sage?

                ....it sucked last year and would suck again this year.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Sez.EJ S
                  • 859 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
                  #8

                  Sage wins the QB battle in Minni. He is a much more polished passer at this point in his career. Jackson will get there in the next year or two.. To answer the question: I believe the bigger effect on our season would be a win.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Holmes10_Ward_86 H
                    • 220 Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    H Holmes10_Ward_86 wrote on last edited by Holmes10_Ward_86
                    #9

                    The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough to be able to contain a guy like Peterson all day. Rosenfals always seems to beat the Browns anyway he did it last season while filling in for Schaub as the starting QB of the Texans and he will do it opening day in Cleveland book it...

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • OconReconO OconRecon

                      I really don't want to start the season losing to a guy named Sage.

                      hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @oconrecon said:

                      I really don't want to start the season losing to a guy named Sage.

                      How bout DA then??

                      guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Dave D
                        • 109 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        D Dave wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Two things:

                        1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

                        2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

                        H N 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • D Dave

                          Two things:

                          1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

                          2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

                          Holmes10_Ward_86 H
                          • 220 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          H Holmes10_Ward_86 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @dave said:

                          Two things:

                          1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

                          2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

                          You dont want to beat teams at their best?? Boy that has to be one of the stupidest statements I have heard in a very long time...

                          Kosar_For_PresidentK 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • H Holmes10_Ward_86

                            @dave said:

                            Two things:

                            1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

                            2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

                            You dont want to beat teams at their best?? Boy that has to be one of the stupidest statements I have heard in a very long time...

                            Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 221 Reputation
                            Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
                            #13

                            @holmes10_ward_86 said:

                            You dont want to beat teams at their best?? Boy that has to be one of the stupidest statements I have heard in a very long time...

                            Well we know your name means John Holmes 10' incher in Ward 86. Well he cries like a bitch, I am sure he takes it like a bitch.

                            hines-ward-seoul-mayor.jpg2007_09_hinesward.jpg

                            Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • dencyguy D
                              • 481 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Moral victories are for #16 seeds. If the Browns win, I'll be happy. If not, I'll be disappointed. This isn't college football, where you can schedule a team that's made up of asthmatic D&D nerds. It's not even MLB, where teams can and do face the reality of being cellar dwellers for two decades. This is the NFL, where talent differences exist, but not to the extent in other sports. Especially at the beginning of the season with a full roster. If they win, it's a success, if they lose, then start up the "Mangini must shop at RAC's Krispy Kreme" posts.

                              Dennis

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • D Dave

                                Two things:

                                1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

                                2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

                                NigelTufnel N
                                • 117 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                N NigelTufnel wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @dave said:

                                Two things:

                                1. I really don't want to face any teams "at their best", in fact, I'd prefer to face backup runners, QB's, DL, and LB's all year if that means we win games. I really don't need to see "where we stand", I just want to see where we stand in the standings, cause that's the only thing that matters.

                                2. "The Browns wont beat the Vikings because they still cant stop the run good enough". And your basing this opinion on what? The game we played last week? Different year my friend, completely different coaching staff, and about 50% different defensive personnel. I'm hoping that translates to a different outcome. Basing opinions on prior years when there is a major coaching overhaul is always a bad policy. Remember how awesome our offense was supposed to be last year, because everyone assumed we'd carry over 2007 production?

                                Sure a win is a win, but what's going to happen the following year when those teams are healthy again? I'd rather have a 6 or 7 win season against healthy teams this year than an 11 win mirage season against a bunch of scrubs where the following year I'm wondering why my team is suddenly so God-awful again.

                                With that said, I hope Minni is at there best and we pull of a big win to start the season. I'm giving us better than a 50/50 shot, but that's just my undying optimism.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Question marks STILL remain with the Williams'es [Pat & Kevin ] either being able to play or being suspended the 1st four games. the on and off again court proceedings are waiting for a verdict from the 8th circuit, that will overrule the State court ruling that will allow them to play, [at least at the start of the season]

                                  That said, the defensive line without them will be an advantage for us, along with an untested 2nd year center -John Sullivan who takes over for Matt Birk {who went to the Rats} And WHO knows about the QB play from either TJack or Sage?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  Reply
                                  • Reply as topic
                                  Log in to reply
                                  • Oldest to Newest
                                  • Newest to Oldest
                                  • Most Votes


                                  Theme
                                  • System
                                  • Light
                                  • Dark
                                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  0
                                  • Forums
                                  • Recent
                                  • Popular
                                  • Users
                                  • Donate