Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Fisher House info for Diehard

Fisher House info for Diehard

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
9 Posts 4 Posters 1.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • heckofajobbrownie H
    • 6k Posts
    • 47 Reputation
    H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Here you go, buddy:

    Here's what it is:

    http://www.fisherhouse.org/aboutUs/aboutUs.shtml

    Here's the link to the online donation page:

    http://www.fisherhouse.org/contribute/o ... ving.shtml

    As agreed, you're going to donate $100. You get to specify which Fisher House branch will receive the donation, though I suggest you click "Where it is needed most". But I'll leave that up to you.

    Then where it says "My donation is In Honor of someone" you can fill in whoever you like. Then, you're going to copy and paste the page that confirms you've given in this thread so we can all confirm that you're no welcher.

    And I know what that page looks like, so if you fake it, I'll know.

    And hey, thanks for being the one guy who had the balls to put his money where his mouth was.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • heckofajobbrownie H
      • 6k Posts
      • 47 Reputation
      H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Well, let's put it this way - I was on this board when he slipped to #22 screaming for Phil to get on the phone with Jerry Jones, so I must have liked something about him.

      And I certainly like him more than Derek Anderson and always have.

      But it was time to remind Diehard to pay up before I forgot about it.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • mz. ?
        • Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        ? mz. wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Obama vs. McCain. icon_lol.gif

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
          • 3k Posts
          • 197 Reputation
          Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          \ said:

          Obama vs. McCain. icon_lol.gif

          LOL - beat me to it. I was going to say HW Bush / Dukakis

          Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • heckofajobbrownie H
            • 6k Posts
            • 47 Reputation
            H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I should have taken Cal's tomatoes while I was at it.

            Hey, it's all for a good cause, assuming Diehard pays up.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • mz. ?
              • Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              ? mz. wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Straight-up odds, too, I assume, Leg. icon_lol.gif

              Betting on the Browns to win the Super Bowl this year, right now, would have been money better spent! At least it goes towards a good cause...

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
                • 3k Posts
                • 197 Reputation
                Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
                #7

                \ said:

                Straight-up odds, too, I assume, Leg. icon_lol.gif

                Betting on the Browns to win the Super Bowl this year, right now, would have been money better spent! At least it goes towards a good cause...

                icon_lol.gif

                True enough. The only time I bet money, is on the golf course.

                a. because I have some amount of control on the outcome and

                b. I have about a 98% success rate.

                I think heck & I had a bet on the Dem primary, which he won, and got to call me "dumbass" or something for the day/week.

                Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                  • 28k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  This is the email reply I got back after my donation. I obviously edited the address/email information. Consider the bet paid in full.

                  On behalf of Fisher House Foundation, we thank you for your generous support! Your donation has been processed and your name is being forwarded on to the organization so that they may provide you with an acknowledgement.

                  Your credit card will be billed as GIVEDIRECT instead of Fisher House Foundation. Your donation was processed as follows:

                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Contributor Information:

                  Name: DiehardBrownsFan

                  Address: Browns Country

                  Cleveland, Ohio 44199

                  United States

                  Email: D E L E T E D

                  Phone:

                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Donation Amount: $100.00

                  Program Area:

                  Where it is needed most

                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Tribute Information: None

                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Comments:

                  Familiar with the program.

                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Once again, thank you for your generosity.

                  Sincerely,

                  Janet Bargewell

                  GiveDirect

                  [email protected]

                  (866) 459-6420

                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • heckofajobbrownie H
                    • 6k Posts
                    • 47 Reputation
                    H heckofajobbrownie wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Let no one say that DieHard is a welch.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate