Skip to content

Hall of Fame game cancelled

The Browns Board
12 7 500
  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #1

    And so it begins. And the ceremonies are "postponed" until next year too. (So, how does that work? Will they have double the inductees going in next year?) 

    I suspect they will scratch at least the 1st few preseason weeks as well. 

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-steelers-hall-of-fame-game-canceled-hof-ceremony-postponed-to-2021-due-to-pandemic/

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Won’t miss preseason, just let me attend the games please! If I can’t be there Thursday night for the home opener against Cincy I will not be a happy camper

  • Won’t miss preseason, just let me attend the games please! If I can’t be there Thursday night for the home opener against Cincy I will not be a happy camper

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Won’t miss preseason, just let me attend the games please! If I can’t be there Thursday night for the home opener against Cincy I will not be a happy camper

    Nothing has changed with the agenda that is behind all this, so nor will the path they are on. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #4

    Weren't there a  number of preseason games scheduled like within just a few days of the HOF Game?   3-4 days later?  What about those? 

    Saturday, August 15 is Browns first scheduled game...vs. Bears in Chicago. 

  • Weren't there a  number of preseason games scheduled like within just a few days of the HOF Game?   3-4 days later?  What about those? 

    Saturday, August 15 is Browns first scheduled game...vs. Bears in Chicago. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @the-gipper said:

    Weren't there a  number of preseason games scheduled like within just a few days of the HOF Game?   3-4 days later?  What about those? 

    Saturday, August 15 is Browns first scheduled game...vs. Bears in Chicago. 

    I find it unlikely that game happens. 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Football this year is looking dim.

  • Football this year is looking dim.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Football this year is looking dim.

    So are most all contact sports at least in any form we have been used to.   A 60 game mlb season?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Football this year is looking dim.

    So are most all contact sports at least in any form we have been used to.   A 60 game mlb season?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mjp28 said:

    So are most all contact sports at least in any form we have been used to.   A 60 game mlb season?

    To think I am even happy baseball is coming back. But I am. At least it's some version of sports. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Football this year is looking dim.

    So are most all contact sports at least in any form we have been used to.   A 60 game mlb season?

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #9

    @mjp28 said:

    So are most all contact sports at least in any form we have been used to.   A 60 game mlb season?

    Maybe the closest contact sport to the Nfl, is The NHL... The NHL is scheduled re-open a full squad Cup camp on July 10th*..that's almost 3 weeks before any NFL camps open. Only 24 NHL teams qualified leaving 7 teams out.. Only 2 locations (not named yet) will hold Playoff Series.. Only 50 total staff & team members can travel to site...

    Cut down NBA teams plans to start back July 30th* in Disney World,Orlando Florida..(not sure that's a good lo-cal about now?) That's about when most Football Camps plan to open in teams own stadiums..

    Get ready to see small school college football teams drop the season like flies... Testing cost alone, are more than the expected gate revenue 🙁 (if any gate at all)    

  • @mjp28 said:

    So are most all contact sports at least in any form we have been used to.   A 60 game mlb season?

    Maybe the closest contact sport to the Nfl, is The NHL... The NHL is scheduled re-open a full squad Cup camp on July 10th*..that's almost 3 weeks before any NFL camps open. Only 24 NHL teams qualified leaving 7 teams out.. Only 2 locations (not named yet) will hold Playoff Series.. Only 50 total staff & team members can travel to site...

    Cut down NBA teams plans to start back July 30th* in Disney World,Orlando Florida..(not sure that's a good lo-cal about now?) That's about when most Football Camps plan to open in teams own stadiums..

    Get ready to see small school college football teams drop the season like flies... Testing cost alone, are more than the expected gate revenue 🙁 (if any gate at all)    

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @gumby73 said:

    Maybe the closest contact sport to the Nfl, is The NHL... The NHL is scheduled re-open a full squad Cup camp on July 10th*..that's almost 3 weeks before any NFL camps open. Only 24 NHL teams qualified leaving 7 teams out.. Only 2 locations (not named yet) will hold Playoff Series.. Only 50 total staff & team members can travel to site...

    Cut down NBA teams plans to start back July 30th* in Disney World,Orlando Florida..(not sure that's a good lo-cal about now?) That's about when most Football Camps plan to open in teams own stadiums..

    Get ready to see small school college football teams drop the season like flies... Testing cost alone, are more than the expected gate revenue 🙁 (if any gate at all)    

    Morehouse already threw in the towel for football this year. 

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29370349/morehouse-cancels-football-season-due-coronavirus-pandemic

  • F Footbalfan1962 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I hate this as much as anyone but lets face it boys....there isn't going to be football this year... I just don't see 22 guys wrestling around on a field in today's enviroment 

  • I hate this as much as anyone but lets face it boys....there isn't going to be football this year... I just don't see 22 guys wrestling around on a field in today's enviroment 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @footbalfan1962 said:

    I hate this as much as anyone but lets face it boys....there isn't going to be football this year... I just don't see 22 guys wrestling around on a field in today's enviroment 

    Well....they can wear masks. 

    Browns player on Mason Rudolph's role in fight with Myles Garrett: He asked  for it - CBSSports.com