Skip to content

Washington Redskins

The Browns Board
185 30 5.2k 1
  • If most of you clowns invested half as much time actually working on high level x's and o's as you did repeating yourselves and bitching in this thread - this would be possibly the finest football forum on the internet.

  • If most of you clowns invested half as much time actually working on high level x's and o's as you did repeating yourselves and bitching in this thread - this would be possibly the finest football forum on the internet.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If most of you clowns invested half as much time actually working on high level x's and o's as you did repeating yourselves and bitching in this thread - this would be possibly the finest football forum on the internet.

    Sorry but I think that would be boring to tears. No offense to your technical knowledge but high level X’s and O’s Is wholly esoteric and uninteresting to the common fan. 

  • The Indians started as the Lakeshores then became the Bluebirds then the Bronchos then the Naps then the Indians 

  • Other Cleveland teams were the Babes the Spiders the Blues the Forest Cities and the Wanderers. Maybe we could give them a rock band name. Maybe one from northeast Ohio. The Raspberries the Black Keys. The Ojay’s. The Outsiders the Devos. The James Gang. The Pretenders. Anything else?  The Burning Rivers The Roller Coasters 

  • If most of you clowns invested half as much time actually working on high level x's and o's as you did repeating yourselves and bitching in this thread - this would be possibly the finest football forum on the internet.

    @tiamat63 said:

    If most of you clowns invested half as much time actually working on high level x's and o's as you did repeating yourselves and bitching in this thread - this would be possibly the finest football forum on the internet.

    I go right to the best sources to do my research for me, you and Tour with occasional contributions from other knowledgeable fans, like my coaching son.?

  • I think what we are missing from all of this is once the Indians decided to go away from Chief Wahoo, what they realized is they no longer have a mascot (slider does not count). Personally, I hope they keep the name as it is incredibly generic (unlike redskins or braves) but I think its a losing battle in today's times. Other than the Block C (which I like but from a marketing standpoint is extremely boring and only so much you can do) they have nothing they can brand out with and sell. This is why I think the plan to change the name has been in the works for years. What's going on in today's times gives them the perfect opportunity to make the switch with the least amount of blowback. Yes, there are people who will swear off the team but when you average 15k people in the stands on a 93 win team, how loyal are your fans? They will find a way to negotiate to keep the trademarks on Indians and Chief Wahoo but ultimately this team name is going to change and this is why I believe Spiders is going to be the final answer. There is a connection to the teams history and even though they were bad, they did win a championship. It has tons of marketing and branding potential. It's not overused as a mascot or a symbol. They can call Progressive Field "the web" or whatever spider home you want. It's not tied to the Rock n Roll Hall of fame which we need to get away from as the "only" thing in Cleveland. Guardians is ok and has lots of freedom to design and a connection to the city but it sounds contrived. Long story short, it's all about the marketing potential and the ability to sell merchandise. 

    @bigalow80 said:

    I think what we are missing from all of this is once the Indians decided to go away from Chief Wahoo, what they realized is they no longer have a mascot (slider does not count). Personally, I hope they keep the name as it is incredibly generic (unlike redskins or braves) but I think its a losing battle in today's times. Other than the Block C (which I like but from a marketing standpoint is extremely boring and only so much you can do) they have nothing they can brand out with and sell. This is why I think the plan to change the name has been in the works for years. What's going on in today's times gives them the perfect opportunity to make the switch with the least amount of blowback. Yes, there are people who will swear off the team but when you average 15k people in the stands on a 93 win team, how loyal are your fans? They will find a way to negotiate to keep the trademarks on Indians and Chief Wahoo but ultimately this team name is going to change and this is why I believe Spiders is going to be the final answer. There is a connection to the teams history and even though they were bad, they did win a championship. It has tons of marketing and branding potential. It's not overused as a mascot or a symbol. They can call Progressive Field "the web" or whatever spider home you want. It's not tied to the Rock n Roll Hall of fame which we need to get away from as the "only" thing in Cleveland. Guardians is ok and has lots of freedom to design and a connection to the city but it sounds contrived. Long story short, it's all about the marketing potential and the ability to sell merchandise. 

    You absolutely nailed it. 

    Once the Indians became a team you couldn't really market, really couldn't merchandise, it was just a matter of time before the Dolans (or anyone who owned the team) was going to go another direction. Personally, I get why Chief Wahoo was nixed. I've made this argument for years... if the Cleveland baseball team had been renamed in the 1950s or 60s the "Negroes" in honor of Larry Doby, would in any universe a black version of Chief Wahoo made it to 2018? Basically, Sambo on a hat? No way in hell. Now the "Indians" name? I can somewhat understand why people would be confused by the need to eliminate such a bland name. I can almost see this argument, honestly. 

    I would be really surprised if they don't become the Spiders. There's a historical connection to Cleveland, it's unique (I can only think of the U of Richmond having that name), and that's a potential merchandising goldmine. Hell, Spiderman is blue and red... they wouldn't even have to change the current colors. ?

  • Danny's getting his balls squeezed; all major sports retailers have stopped selling Skins' gear - he has no choice at this point. 

    Word is they will be called the "Warriors." 

  • 106203383_563141757710179_76510104639462

  • ^ Microcosm for the USA.... Gee, what's the worst that could happen? 

  • ^ Microcosm for the USA.... Gee, what's the worst that could happen? 

    @d-bone said:

    ^ Microcosm for the USA.... Gee, what's the worst that could happen? 

    I'm afraid to really ask.

  • @d-bone said:

    ^ Microcosm for the USA.... Gee, what's the worst that could happen? 

    I'm afraid to really ask.

    @mjp28 said:

    I'm afraid to really ask.

    First I put a laughy face, then was like "Shit, it's not funny". Then I put a cryie face and thought, "Nope, that makes it seem like I've accepted it and I'm sad"... So you just got an upvotie thing. 

  • @vagitron said:

    I always get a good laugh and a eye roll when people indicate how old they are. I'm always shocked that some of you are old enough to have kids let alone put them through college. A few of you act like giant fucking man babies. It's remarkable. I have a 6 year old and I'm fucking awesome. Right, gipper?

    Yeah you're awesome.  Did ya have the kid with your cousin or daughter?

    @gorka said:

    Yeah you're awesome.  Did ya have the kid with your cousin or daughter?

    Nah, your old lady. I boxed her tits like tyson fury. She begged me for more but I was tired of smacking them around. She told me you never get her going like I do, it's probably why she calls all the time. I can give you some tips if you still aren't getting it done. Hell if the price is right I can even make you a mold of my dick. You will have to pull some sleight of hand shit off but it might just work for you. Mini gork

  • Danny's getting his balls squeezed; all major sports retailers have stopped selling Skins' gear - he has no choice at this point. 

    Word is they will be called the "Warriors." 

    @icecube said:

    Word is they will be called the "Warriors." 

     'Warriors' has been rumored down here for months..also gaining noise is moving back to RFK stadium downtown DC... Good luck fighting that traffic ?‍♂️ 

  • Danny's getting his balls squeezed; all major sports retailers have stopped selling Skins' gear - he has no choice at this point. 

    Word is they will be called the "Warriors." 

    @icecube said:

    Word is they will be called the "Warriors." 

    They won't be called "warriors" - too many right wingers are fans of that team.

    Right-wing Karens who can't get along with people and call the cops every time they're mildly inconvenienced aren't "warriors" unless they're fighting a mobility scooter.

  • 109232531_726567384839773_56659171188013

    or maybe

    109172095_2074454502679364_9141331145678

  • Decision made. They are changing name. 

  • You don't have to agree with my politics. I don't have to agree with yours. The Browns have brought us together. We can get politics anywhere; that's the unfortunate way of the world.

    I don't like that the mob mentality overtaking everything. 

    With that said, I read in either a CBSSports or Yahoo Sports article that someone suggested The Code Talkers and I thought that name was awesome! What those men did for this Nation and the honor it would pay to them could not be argued. I have also read Redtails, which would be in honor of another group of courageous men that served.

  • A AP1

    You don't have to agree with my politics. I don't have to agree with yours. The Browns have brought us together. We can get politics anywhere; that's the unfortunate way of the world.

    I don't like that the mob mentality overtaking everything. 

    With that said, I read in either a CBSSports or Yahoo Sports article that someone suggested The Code Talkers and I thought that name was awesome! What those men did for this Nation and the honor it would pay to them could not be argued. I have also read Redtails, which would be in honor of another group of courageous men that served.

    @ap1 said:

    I don't like that the mob mentality overtaking everything

    Incorrect. "The Mob" has been saying this FOR DECADES.  Your lack of knowledge isn't anyone else's problem.

    You need a thicker skin.  Nothing about the staffing is changing.  After all, you only care about the football, right? 

    If that's actually the case, then this wouldn't be an issue for you.  Ron Rivera still has Haskins at QB and McLaurin at WR.

    Since you DO have a problem, however..... the actual problem you have is explicitly part of "politics".

    Pro Tip: You don't possess All Knowledge.  When you attempt to label everyone who takes an opposing view "The Mob" ... you deserve to get slapped down.

  • @ap1 said:

    I don't like that the mob mentality overtaking everything

    Incorrect. "The Mob" has been saying this FOR DECADES.  Your lack of knowledge isn't anyone else's problem.

    You need a thicker skin.  Nothing about the staffing is changing.  After all, you only care about the football, right? 

    If that's actually the case, then this wouldn't be an issue for you.  Ron Rivera still has Haskins at QB and McLaurin at WR.

    Since you DO have a problem, however..... the actual problem you have is explicitly part of "politics".

    Pro Tip: You don't possess All Knowledge.  When you attempt to label everyone who takes an opposing view "The Mob" ... you deserve to get slapped down.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Incorrect. "The Mob" has been saying this FOR DECADES.  Your lack of knowledge isn't anyone else's problem.

    You need a thicker skin.  Nothing about the staffing is changing.  After all, you only care about the football, right? 

    If that's actually the case, then this wouldn't be an issue for you.  Ron Rivera still has Haskins at QB and McLaurin at WR.

    Since you DO have a problem, however..... the actual problem you have is explicitly part of "politics".

    Pro Tip: You don't possess All Knowledge.  When you attempt to label everyone who takes an opposing view "The Mob" ... you deserve to get slapped down.

    Your response indicates you may be the one with thin skin. 

    Go Browns.

  • It’s a tough time to be a conservative: rejected by the physical and biological worlds, they are increasingly rejected by the social consensus as well.

    But there is good news: they don’t have to believe wrong things!  Conservatives do have the freedom to, you know, face facts.

    Of course, that might make them liberals.