Thunder
-
The good part on the blockings is that is a skill that can be taught. I am not sure how much blocking he has ever been asked to do up to this point.
As long as the attitude is willing, there is no reason he can't at least slow someone down or make the run around.
I like the guys weight.....as he said, it probably wouldn't hurt to see another 5 or so lbs..the guy isn't a 230 lb back...most of those guys are big and usually have to work to keep their weight down...10 years from now you see them in the sports booth and they weight 260.
Davis is big enough he won't just fall over from a push and can lower the pads and drive most people...and he has the quicks...something we haven't had in a back in a while...we seem to have fallen in love with the slow lumberers the last 10 years.
Davis = Joseph Addai....if I had to give a comparative back....and that isn't a bad thing.
-
-
If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.
-
If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.
If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.
"Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".
-
Oh, I have no problem with the guy weighing 210. I posted it because it provides at least some resolution to the debate we had over Davis's target weight.
-
He was Thunder at Clemson.
Although with Jamal around, its pretty hard to refer to a 210 RB as Thunder.
After the cut in the vid, he looks more like a "Skeeter" to me.
Hell, I'm fine to just call him James.
Now I am in a good predicament as a Steeler and Clemson fan.
I'm not surprised about James Davis' ability and knew the Browns got a steal taking him where they did. The reason he was "Thunder" down here was because he had to share carries with a much faster back: CJ "lightning" Spiller. Davis should be a very good back for you guys for a good while.
This is going to take away some antipathy I hold for the Browns. James Davis has always been a hard working, clean guy who came from less than ideal circumstances in Atlanta. He is not afraid to take a hit, sees a hole and is not one to dance around.
-
If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.
"Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".
"Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".
That's some funny shit, Ocon!
-
Oh, I have no problem with the guy weighing 210. I posted it because it provides at least some resolution to the debate we had over Davis's target weight.
Aloysius said:
Oh, I have no problem with the guy weighing 210. I posted it because it provides at least some resolution to the debate we had over Davis's target weight.Davis was interviewed and said he was told by Mangini to come in @ 210: he was heavier at Mini's. So there you go.
-
He was Thunder at Clemson.
Although with Jamal around, its pretty hard to refer to a 210 RB as Thunder.
After the cut in the vid, he looks more like a "Skeeter" to me.
Hell, I'm fine to just call him James.
Coaches just called him J.D. at practice.
-
If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.
"Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".
"Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".
"Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"
-
"Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".
"Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"
"Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"
"I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come."
(One of the few, maybe the only, sports movie that makes me well-up at the end.)
Mods, I'm reporting myself for highjacking a thread, but it was well intended.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
