Skip to content

Thunder

The Browns Board
19 13 1.5k
  • Is that his nickname now? James "Thunder" Davis?

    @pl4tinum said:

    Is that his nickname now? James "Thunder" Davis?

    He was Thunder at Clemson.

    Although with Jamal around, its pretty hard to refer to a 210 RB as Thunder.

    After the cut in the vid, he looks more like a "Skeeter" to me.

    Hell, I'm fine to just call him James.

  • If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.

  • If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.

    @hammertime said:

    If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.

    "Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".

  • Oh, I have no problem with the guy weighing 210. I posted it because it provides at least some resolution to the debate we had over Davis's target weight.

  • @pl4tinum said:

    Is that his nickname now? James "Thunder" Davis?

    He was Thunder at Clemson.

    Although with Jamal around, its pretty hard to refer to a 210 RB as Thunder.

    After the cut in the vid, he looks more like a "Skeeter" to me.

    Hell, I'm fine to just call him James.

    @oconrecon said:

    He was Thunder at Clemson.

    Although with Jamal around, its pretty hard to refer to a 210 RB as Thunder.

    After the cut in the vid, he looks more like a "Skeeter" to me.

    Hell, I'm fine to just call him James.

    Now I am in a good predicament as a Steeler and Clemson fan.

    I'm not surprised about James Davis' ability and knew the Browns got a steal taking him where they did. The reason he was "Thunder" down here was because he had to share carries with a much faster back: CJ "lightning" Spiller. Davis should be a very good back for you guys for a good while.

    This is going to take away some antipathy I hold for the Browns. James Davis has always been a hard working, clean guy who came from less than ideal circumstances in Atlanta. He is not afraid to take a hit, sees a hole and is not one to dance around.

  • @hammertime said:

    If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.

    "Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".

    @oconrecon said:

    "Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".

    That's some funny shit, Ocon!

  • Oh, I have no problem with the guy weighing 210. I posted it because it provides at least some resolution to the debate we had over Davis's target weight.

    Aloysius said:

    Oh, I have no problem with the guy weighing 210. I posted it because it provides at least some resolution to the debate we had over Davis's target weight.

    Davis was interviewed and said he was told by Mangini to come in @ 210: he was heavier at Mini's. So there you go.

  • @pl4tinum said:

    Is that his nickname now? James "Thunder" Davis?

    He was Thunder at Clemson.

    Although with Jamal around, its pretty hard to refer to a 210 RB as Thunder.

    After the cut in the vid, he looks more like a "Skeeter" to me.

    Hell, I'm fine to just call him James.

    @oconrecon said:

    He was Thunder at Clemson.

    Although with Jamal around, its pretty hard to refer to a 210 RB as Thunder.

    After the cut in the vid, he looks more like a "Skeeter" to me.

    Hell, I'm fine to just call him James.

    Coaches just called him J.D. at practice.

  • @hammertime said:

    If it actually happens that the Browns strike gold on a 6th round pick, then we should call him Jesus.

    "Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".

    @oconrecon said:

    "Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".

    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"

  • J JC

    @oconrecon said:

    "Jesus, I like him much, but he no help me hit curve ball".

    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"

    @jc said:

    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"

    "I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come."

    (One of the few, maybe the only, sports movie that makes me well-up at the end.)

    Mods, I'm reporting myself for highjacking a thread, but it was well intended.

  • 'Hats for bats, keep bats warm.'

    'I stick it up for you Jobu. You no help me now...I say f*** you Jobu. I do it myself.'

    majorleague.jpg