Browns Training Camp 2020
-
Regarding Siebert and his practicing at the stadium and that he's working on his confidence (especially at the Dawg Pound end): I would highly recommend that they bring Phil Dawson in as a consultant to work with Siebert. Kicking in that stadium in the swirling winds of the latter part of the season is VERY different and much more difficult than the here and now, or the early part of the season.
Phil knew how to play the winds in Cleveland better than anyone before him....and we had some pretty good kickers. I had virtually no confidence in Siebert towards the end of last season. The conditions can be quite confusing and I don't think he had the 'feel' for where he had to start the ball in order to have it finish within the uprights.
.....did anyone else feel that way?
-
Regarding Siebert and his practicing at the stadium and that he's working on his confidence (especially at the Dawg Pound end): I would highly recommend that they bring Phil Dawson in as a consultant to work with Siebert. Kicking in that stadium in the swirling winds of the latter part of the season is VERY different and much more difficult than the here and now, or the early part of the season.
Phil knew how to play the winds in Cleveland better than anyone before him....and we had some pretty good kickers. I had virtually no confidence in Siebert towards the end of last season. The conditions can be quite confusing and I don't think he had the 'feel' for where he had to start the ball in order to have it finish within the uprights.
.....did anyone else feel that way?
Regarding Siebert and his practicing at the stadium and that he's working on his confidence (especially at the Dawg Pound end): I would highly recommend that they bring Phil Dawson in as a consultant to work with Siebert. Kicking in that stadium in the swirling winds of the latter part of the season is VERY different and much more difficult than the here and now, or the early part of the season.
Phil knew how to play the winds in Cleveland better than anyone before him....and we had some pretty good kickers. I had virtually no confidence in Siebert towards the end of last season. The conditions can be quite confusing and I don't think he had the 'feel' for where he had to start the ball in order to have it finish within the uprights.
.....did anyone else feel that way?
I'd love for Dawson to mentor Siebert...
Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. He was a guy in danger of losing his job at the beginning of his run - like most kickers.
-
Regarding Siebert and his practicing at the stadium and that he's working on his confidence (especially at the Dawg Pound end): I would highly recommend that they bring Phil Dawson in as a consultant to work with Siebert. Kicking in that stadium in the swirling winds of the latter part of the season is VERY different and much more difficult than the here and now, or the early part of the season.
Phil knew how to play the winds in Cleveland better than anyone before him....and we had some pretty good kickers. I had virtually no confidence in Siebert towards the end of last season. The conditions can be quite confusing and I don't think he had the 'feel' for where he had to start the ball in order to have it finish within the uprights.
.....did anyone else feel that way?
I'd love for Dawson to mentor Siebert...
Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. He was a guy in danger of losing his job at the beginning of his run - like most kickers.
I'd love for Dawson to mentor Siebert...
Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. He was a guy in danger of losing his job at the beginning of his run - like most kickers.
Yep. Phil got better with time and, as stated previously, he knew those winds like the back of his hand. He would be a great addition, but we don't know whether or not HE would be interested OR considered.
Phil didn't conquer those winds overnight, so we need to be patient with Siebert as well.
Mike
-
I'd love for Dawson to mentor Siebert...
Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. He was a guy in danger of losing his job at the beginning of his run - like most kickers.
Yep. Phil got better with time and, as stated previously, he knew those winds like the back of his hand. He would be a great addition, but we don't know whether or not HE would be interested OR considered.
Phil didn't conquer those winds overnight, so we need to be patient with Siebert as well.
Mike
Yep. Phil got better with time and, as stated previously, he knew those winds like the back of his hand. He would be a great addition, but we don't know whether or not HE would be interested OR considered.
Phil didn't conquer those winds overnight, so we need to be patient with Siebert as well.
Mike
I remember Phil had trouble from distance early in his career and I remember fans wanting a kicker with a bigger leg. I just looked back we only attempted 9 fields over 50 in his first nine years. That changed dramatically toward the Last half of his career. He had 18 attempts in his last five years with the Browns.
-
Regarding Siebert and his practicing at the stadium and that he's working on his confidence (especially at the Dawg Pound end): I would highly recommend that they bring Phil Dawson in as a consultant to work with Siebert. Kicking in that stadium in the swirling winds of the latter part of the season is VERY different and much more difficult than the here and now, or the early part of the season.
Phil knew how to play the winds in Cleveland better than anyone before him....and we had some pretty good kickers. I had virtually no confidence in Siebert towards the end of last season. The conditions can be quite confusing and I don't think he had the 'feel' for where he had to start the ball in order to have it finish within the uprights.
.....did anyone else feel that way?
I'd love for Dawson to mentor Siebert...
Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend. He was a guy in danger of losing his job at the beginning of his run - like most kickers.
Also remember, it took a while before Phil Dawson became Phil Dawson, Browns kicking legend.
...he was a legend to me in season 1. I was quite proud of the way our ST ran out onto the field with no TO's, didn't fuck up like an expansion team, and beat the fuckin' Steelers.
November 14, 1999: Browns at Steelers
With the clock running and no time outs, Dawson and the FG team run out and get off a 39-yard kick just before the clock hits 0:00 to grab win 16-15 in dreaded Three Rivers Stadium.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login