Survey Sunday 8/16/2020
-
Here is this week's survey. Give your answers and opinions.
1. Statement: Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper will be the "dominators" in Stefanski's offense, more so than WRs OBJ and Landry. Your views on this.
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?
3. There will be 2 new NFL stadiums this year....In LA and in Las Vegas. (though....there may be no fans in them). Are you excited to see them?
4. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have shut down their college football seasons. Good or bad call? Explain.
5. What former fast food chain do you miss (if any)?
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in?
Here is this week's survey. Give your answers and opinions.
1. Statement: Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper will be the "dominators" in Stefanski's offense, more so than WRs OBJ and Landry. Your views on this.....biggest problem there's only one football.
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?.....no doubt Mayfield maybe Brady (think about it)
3. There will be 2 new NFL stadiums this year....In LA and in Las Vegas. (though....there may be no fans in them). Are you excited to see them? .......Eh only to see what $2B buys now in LA. Will it be among the last mega buck stadiums ?
4. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have shut down their college football seasons. Good or bad call? Explain. .....well either one side or the other (players or not players) will look really dumb !
5. What former fast food chain do you miss (if any)?....... Someone said Burger Chef loved their big, generous french fries in junior high. Red Barn good food.
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in? ....... depends on your personal bias, big, big cities/smaller towns, hot/cold locals. Live in Ohio vacation down south in the winter. Our next door neighbor's kid lives in Manhattan he's been in Ohio for months now.
Interesting comments.
-
I never miss any of them..ya just can't find a empty one to get to the window fast enough..ok? Can we get more than one Fish & Chips within 40 miles...
Speaking of Fish & Chips. Arthur Treacher's would be a place. I think that chain, which I liked, is now defunct, isn't it?
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in?
f'n burrr COLD cities...Chicago
️ / the whole dang state of Minnesota.. I once looked down from a plane landing at Laguardia Airport, Queens NY🥷..no f'n way jose
In the words of John Lennon: Pousse' Pousse'
-
Here is this week's survey. Give your answers and opinions.
1. Statement: Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper will be the "dominators" in Stefanski's offense, more so than WRs OBJ and Landry. Your views on this.
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?
3. There will be 2 new NFL stadiums this year....In LA and in Las Vegas. (though....there may be no fans in them). Are you excited to see them?
4. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have shut down their college football seasons. Good or bad call? Explain.
5. What former fast food chain do you miss (if any)?
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in?
Here is this week's survey. Give your answers and opinions.
1. Statement: Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper will be the "dominators" in Stefanski's offense, more so than WRs OBJ and Landry. Your views on this.
I think it's not really relevant. If they get the rushing game going, play action will work all the better. It opens up everything. I just saw that Brady had 13 games where he was under a 100 rating, and that led the NFL. That cannot continue if they want to have a winning record. Chubb running wild and Hoops moving the chains will only aid in OBJ and Landry's success. I think we are going to see more TDs from OBJ.
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?
Baker, for sure. Not Burrows; rookie QBs are virtually never good. Cam, as he desperately needs to show production to get his next big deal. Big Ben, as his contract is up in 2021 and if he wants a mega deal, he will have to prove he has something left and can stay healthy. Dak, as he has everything on the line now. Someone in Chicago? Naw, I don't see either proving they can be the man.
3. There will be 2 new NFL stadiums this year....In LA and in Las Vegas. (though....there may be no fans in them). Are you excited to see them?
Not really. The pall cast by the world today diminishes any excitement that a new, state-of-the-art stadium would create, especially empty ones.
4. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have shut down their college football seasons. Good or bad call? Explain.
It's not like either conference was going to have a team contending for a championship. I bet most football fans don't care.
5. What former fast food chain do you miss (if any)?
2 that are still around but have deteriorated badly: Wendy's and Burger King. Have you been to a BK lately? They are like they are in a 3rd-world country. Hideous.
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in?
Philly, Youngstown, Buffalo, any in WI, Erie.
-
Here is this week's survey. Give your answers and opinions.
1. Statement: Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper will be the "dominators" in Stefanski's offense, more so than WRs OBJ and Landry. Your views on this.
I think it's not really relevant. If they get the rushing game going, play action will work all the better. It opens up everything. I just saw that Brady had 13 games where he was under a 100 rating, and that led the NFL. That cannot continue if they want to have a winning record. Chubb running wild and Hoops moving the chains will only aid in OBJ and Landry's success. I think we are going to see more TDs from OBJ.
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?
Baker, for sure. Not Burrows; rookie QBs are virtually never good. Cam, as he desperately needs to show production to get his next big deal. Big Ben, as his contract is up in 2021 and if he wants a mega deal, he will have to prove he has something left and can stay healthy. Dak, as he has everything on the line now. Someone in Chicago? Naw, I don't see either proving they can be the man.
3. There will be 2 new NFL stadiums this year....In LA and in Las Vegas. (though....there may be no fans in them). Are you excited to see them?
Not really. The pall cast by the world today diminishes any excitement that a new, state-of-the-art stadium would create, especially empty ones.
4. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have shut down their college football seasons. Good or bad call? Explain.
It's not like either conference was going to have a team contending for a championship. I bet most football fans don't care.
5. What former fast food chain do you miss (if any)?
2 that are still around but have deteriorated badly: Wendy's and Burger King. Have you been to a BK lately? They are like they are in a 3rd-world country. Hideous.
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in?
Philly, Youngstown, Buffalo, any in WI, Erie.
I think it's not really relevant. If they get the rushing game going, play action will work all the better. It opens up everything. I just saw that Brady had 13 games where he was under a 100 rating, and that led the NFL. That cannot continue if they want to have a winning record. Chubb running wild and Hoops moving the chains will only aid in OBJ and Landry's success. I think we are going to see more TDs from OBJ.
Baker, for sure. Not Burrows; rookie QBs are virtually never good. Cam, as he desperately needs to show production to get his next big deal. Big Ben, as his contract is up in 2021 and if he wants a mega deal, he will have to prove he has something left and can stay healthy. Dak, as he has everything on the line now. Someone in Chicago? Naw, I don't see either proving they can be the man.
Not really. The pall cast by the world today diminishes any excitement that a new, state-of-the-art stadium would create, especially empty ones.
It's not like either conference was going to have a team contending for a championship. I bet most football fans don't care.
2 that are still around but have deteriorated badly: Wendy's and Burger King. Have you been to a BK lately? They are like they are in a 3rd-world country. Hideous.
Ohio State wouldn’t contend for a Championship? They could easily be the team most negatively impacted by this shutdown considering they had a Heisman finalist QB returning and various other parts to build on with what many thought was a Championship caliber team last year.
-
I think it's not really relevant. If they get the rushing game going, play action will work all the better. It opens up everything. I just saw that Brady had 13 games where he was under a 100 rating, and that led the NFL. That cannot continue if they want to have a winning record. Chubb running wild and Hoops moving the chains will only aid in OBJ and Landry's success. I think we are going to see more TDs from OBJ.
Baker, for sure. Not Burrows; rookie QBs are virtually never good. Cam, as he desperately needs to show production to get his next big deal. Big Ben, as his contract is up in 2021 and if he wants a mega deal, he will have to prove he has something left and can stay healthy. Dak, as he has everything on the line now. Someone in Chicago? Naw, I don't see either proving they can be the man.
Not really. The pall cast by the world today diminishes any excitement that a new, state-of-the-art stadium would create, especially empty ones.
It's not like either conference was going to have a team contending for a championship. I bet most football fans don't care.
2 that are still around but have deteriorated badly: Wendy's and Burger King. Have you been to a BK lately? They are like they are in a 3rd-world country. Hideous.
Ohio State wouldn’t contend for a Championship? They could easily be the team most negatively impacted by this shutdown considering they had a Heisman finalist QB returning and various other parts to build on with what many thought was a Championship caliber team last year.
Ohio State wouldn’t contend for a Championship? They could easily be the team most negatively impacted by this shutdown considering they had a Heisman finalist QB returning and various other parts to build on with what many thought was a Championship caliber team last year.
They have to throw in one big 10 team as a contender, OSU being the best of the lot this year. But I'd take LSU, Clemson and Bama over OSU this season, if OSU was playing. Next we will get Penn State fans claiming they had a contender for 2020 as well. I think this was the year Michigan was going to take down OSU if they played.
-
Glad to see others mention Red Barn..you could get Burgers, Fried Chicken, Fish, might have had a roast beef sandwich.....probably what lead to their demise. Diversify too much, it's hard to deliver good service and control food costs and quality. The Big Barney was good.
Another place I liked, Lums. Beer steamed dogs 3-4 ways, clam strips....it was good, and you could buy a beer there, but it was a fast food joint. Someone mentioned Rax....I liked Rax, but still liked Arbys better. Anybody remember when you went in to Arbys they had a roast beef or two hanging from chain in a heater box on the front counter? This is going back, you have to have a little age on you.
Arthur Treachers had good fish and chips. Way better than Captain D's or Long John Silvers. That was some good fish. Looking it up, there are still 3 locations in Ohio. I might have to find out where. Still a few in New York and New Jersey.
-
Ohio State wouldn’t contend for a Championship? They could easily be the team most negatively impacted by this shutdown considering they had a Heisman finalist QB returning and various other parts to build on with what many thought was a Championship caliber team last year.
They have to throw in one big 10 team as a contender, OSU being the best of the lot this year. But I'd take LSU, Clemson and Bama over OSU this season, if OSU was playing. Next we will get Penn State fans claiming they had a contender for 2020 as well. I think this was the year Michigan was going to take down OSU if they played.
They have to throw in one big 10 team as a contender, OSU being the best of the lot this year. But I'd take LSU, Clemson and Bama over OSU this season, if OSU was playing. Next we will get Penn State fans claiming they had a contender for 2020 as well. I think this was the year Michigan was going to take down OSU if they played.
Next we will get the Michigan Fans (or Michigan Hopefuls) and their annual claim they will take down OSU this year...oh wait.
I wouldn’t take LSU over OSU in 2020. I’d probably give a slight edge to OSU over Bama and OSU/Clemson probably a coin flip. Hope they get a chance to play
-
They have to throw in one big 10 team as a contender, OSU being the best of the lot this year. But I'd take LSU, Clemson and Bama over OSU this season, if OSU was playing. Next we will get Penn State fans claiming they had a contender for 2020 as well. I think this was the year Michigan was going to take down OSU if they played.
Next we will get the Michigan Fans (or Michigan Hopefuls) and their annual claim they will take down OSU this year...oh wait.
I wouldn’t take LSU over OSU in 2020. I’d probably give a slight edge to OSU over Bama and OSU/Clemson probably a coin flip. Hope they get a chance to play
Next we will get the Michigan Fans (or Michigan Hopefuls) and their annual claim they will take down OSU this year...oh wait.
I wouldn’t take LSU over OSU in 2020. I’d probably give a slight edge to OSU over Bama and OSU/Clemson probably a coin flip. Hope they get a chance to play
I ain't no UM fan, I prefer teams from the best conference (SEC) and Bama. Some maintain that the Big 10 saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to be sacrificial lambs to the SEC again. I'm not sure that is true.
-
Next we will get the Michigan Fans (or Michigan Hopefuls) and their annual claim they will take down OSU this year...oh wait.
I wouldn’t take LSU over OSU in 2020. I’d probably give a slight edge to OSU over Bama and OSU/Clemson probably a coin flip. Hope they get a chance to play
I ain't no UM fan, I prefer teams from the best conference (SEC) and Bama. Some maintain that the Big 10 saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to be sacrificial lambs to the SEC again. I'm not sure that is true.
I ain't no UM fan, I prefer teams from the best conference (SEC) and Bama. Some maintain that the Big 10 saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to be sacrificial lambs to the SEC again. I'm not sure that is true.
In case you didn’t know it Alabama is in the SEC. Hello. And you’re fucking stupid if you think that the Big Ten canceled their season because of competition. Do you think they’re going to give up all that money because they might be afraid They might lose a bowl game somewhere? They don’t play each other during the regular season
-
I ain't no UM fan, I prefer teams from the best conference (SEC) and Bama. Some maintain that the Big 10 saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to be sacrificial lambs to the SEC again. I'm not sure that is true.
In case you didn’t know it Alabama is in the SEC. Hello. And you’re fucking stupid if you think that the Big Ten canceled their season because of competition. Do you think they’re going to give up all that money because they might be afraid They might lose a bowl game somewhere? They don’t play each other during the regular season
In case you didn’t know it Alabama is in the SEC. Hello. And you’re fucking stupid if you think that the Big Ten canceled their season because of competition. Do you think they’re going to give up all that money because they might be afraid They might lose a bowl game somewhere? They don’t play each other during the regular season
OK, so comprehension isn't your strong point. Fine. I realize AL is in the SEC.
-
In case you didn’t know it Alabama is in the SEC. Hello. And you’re fucking stupid if you think that the Big Ten canceled their season because of competition. Do you think they’re going to give up all that money because they might be afraid They might lose a bowl game somewhere? They don’t play each other during the regular season
OK, so comprehension isn't your strong point. Fine. I realize AL is in the SEC.
OK, so comprehension isn't your strong point. Fine. I realize AL is in the SEC.
MY comprehension? I am not the one that failed to comprehend that Alabama was in the SEC; I am not the one that failed to comprehend that the Big Ten canceling their season has fuck all about being afraid of a little competition from a conference that is too chicken to play them on a regular basis.
Dutch was right....only you could turn this into a turd sandwich over question #4.
-
OK, so comprehension isn't your strong point. Fine. I realize AL is in the SEC.
MY comprehension? I am not the one that failed to comprehend that Alabama was in the SEC; I am not the one that failed to comprehend that the Big Ten canceling their season has fuck all about being afraid of a little competition from a conference that is too chicken to play them on a regular basis.
Dutch was right....only you could turn this into a turd sandwich over question #4.
MY comprehension? I am not the one that failed to comprehend that Alabama was in the SEC; I am not the one that failed to comprehend that the Big Ten canceling their season has fuck all about being afraid of a little competition from a conference that is too chicken to play them on a regular basis.
Dutch was right....only you could turn this into a turd sandwich over question #4.
That's not what Dutch said, Twinger.
Guaranteed this thread will turn into a turd sandwich based solely on Question #4..
Zero mention of me.
-
MY comprehension? I am not the one that failed to comprehend that Alabama was in the SEC; I am not the one that failed to comprehend that the Big Ten canceling their season has fuck all about being afraid of a little competition from a conference that is too chicken to play them on a regular basis.
Dutch was right....only you could turn this into a turd sandwich over question #4.
That's not what Dutch said, Twinger.
Guaranteed this thread will turn into a turd sandwich based solely on Question #4..
Zero mention of me.
-
You would be the primary suspect
Did that twat actually try to speak for me? ?
The dude is a complete joke. Move on, Gip.
-
You would be the primary suspect
Did that twat actually try to speak for me? ?
The dude is a complete joke. Move on, Gip.
Did that twat actually try to speak for me? ?
The dude is a complete joke. Move on, Gip.
Oh, Grammar Nazi. Go ahead and jiggle that jiggle. ?
-
-
The back and forth about the Big Ten dropping football is not off topic....but yes, Icecube did turn it into a turd sandwich, as predicted.
-
Here is this week's survey. Give your answers and opinions.
1. Statement: Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper will be the "dominators" in Stefanski's offense, more so than WRs OBJ and Landry. Your views on this.
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?
3. There will be 2 new NFL stadiums this year....In LA and in Las Vegas. (though....there may be no fans in them). Are you excited to see them?
4. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have shut down their college football seasons. Good or bad call? Explain.
5. What former fast food chain do you miss (if any)?
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in?
Here is this week's survey. Give your answers and opinions.
1. Statement: Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper will be the "dominators" in Stefanski's offense, more so than WRs OBJ and Landry. Your views on this.
Baker and Chubb will be the "dominators" within the offense. Landry and Hooper will have a sizable part too, and OBJ will disappoint yet again.
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?
1) Brady 2) Baker 3) Trubisky 4) Carr
3. There will be 2 new NFL stadiums this year....In LA and in Las Vegas. (though....there may be no fans in them). Are you excited to see them?
No. Neither
4. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have shut down their college football seasons. Good or bad call? Explain.
Bad. I feel sorry for the kids, especially the seniors.
5. What former fast food chain do you miss (if any)?
None. They all have their share in America being the fatest county on the planet.... The next time you're asked if you wanna Super Size That? Just say no.
6. What cities in the USA would you NEVER have a desire to live in?
The list is far too long, so I'll just say any major shit hole, er city in America.... LA, SF, SD, Portland, Detroit, Chicago and NY, are shinning examples of what I consider a major shit hole.
^ All my first reactions and right off the top of my head.
-
I will provide here my "Gipper's List" of the Best Cities to visit (I can't say about living there....considering the likely cost of living). I have had this list developed over many years. By this I mean where I think it is most fun/cool/interesting to visit. I actually have 4 categories: Large, Medium, and Small towns, and Resort towns and these include Canada:
Large Cities:
New Orleans, Chicago, Toronto, San Francisco, San Antonio (Honorable Mention: Seattle, San Diego, Salt Lake)
Medium size cities:
Savannah Ga., Santa Fe, Madison Wisc.; Santa Barbara; Quebec City (honorable mention: Charleston SC
Small towns:
Woodstock Vt.; Cooperstown NY; Chagrin Falls OH; Seaside Fla.; Chatham Mass. (honorable mention: Petoskey Mich; Wellsboro Pa., Bardstown Ky.
Resort towns:
Aspen Colo, Taos N. Mex., Sedona AZ; Carmel CA; Park City Utah (honorable mention: Tombstone AZ; Sun Valley Idaho; )
-
2. Which 4-5-6 NFL QBs have the most "to prove" this season?
Mayfield, Trubisky (probably too late) , Minshew, Haskins
My view on Minshew is that he really has nothing to prove per se because I see him being merely a placeholder. I think JAX will be in Tank for Trevor mode. I guess Minshew can prove that maybe he should be given a try somewhere....or that he can be a good backup eventually to Lawrence.
(I DO think, however, that Jax has put together some pretty good talent on the team elsewhere, which could jeopardize them getting #1 overall, so maybe they would also be willing to Fail for Fields)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login