Mack Wilson suffers knee injury, undergoing evaluation
-
Is it a direct fix? No. But we can always use more dudes on defense. Personnel wise You can rotate more bodies upfront which can only help the back 7. You could move Garrett inside on some downs stack Clowney on his side.
We will miss Wilson on coverage. Taki seems a little rough there and Goodson isn’t known for it ether.
We truly have no idea how this COVID mess will play out as the year goes on. I’d take any defensive playmakers at this point that will not kill our cap down the road. -
I'd be really shocked if Berry-lynics pays premium rate for anybody at this point..projected total cap next season 175M? and that's based on tv ratings (before the kneeling starts?) . Once Garrett got done..I'd expect more of the same of paying our own next season..Teams will be forced to cut bigger names come next off season... I now expect Berry to roll 25-30M to next season..and I also thought by the time i got home? LB Jermaine Grace would be called back just as Obinna was... instead am seeing we brought in Kickers
-
How would, maybe, signing Clowney help out.
In this case? It wouldn't.
-
Sounds to me like Mack Wilson is out for the season. Nothing official, but he posted some weird stuff on Twitter about God being good and having a plan and all that. Hope I'm wrong cuz our LBs blow. Lol
-
Sign Clay Matthews III !!!
What kind of money (years) is he looking for?
-
Sign Clay Matthews III !!!
What kind of money (years) is he looking for?
Sign Clay Matthews III !!!
What kind of money (years) is he looking for?
I WISH! but

Mike
-
Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews. Which is the same thing as, "I hope to be back next year."
*sigh*
-
Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews. Which is the same thing as, "I hope to be back next year."
*sigh*
Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews. Which is the same thing as, "I hope to be back next year."
*sigh*
Definitely a tough break for the guy.
I STILL can't wrap my dome around HOW in the flock-of-seagulls that Dorsey-Doe didn't even consider extending Schobert's contract during last season - fully understanding the summer school caliber learning curve unfolding with the younger/inexperienced LBers. YES, the year Schobert played through a bad hammy - he missed a lot of the tackles he routinely made when healthier (ie; Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year and the recent season he led the entire NFL in tackles). It sure looked like he defended more passes than Dorsey's heart throb Corner (Greedy) while his tackle volume ranked with the elite. Keep in mind all the while we had him - he was on a mid round salary. In essence, we trained the feller so that when he was entering his very best football - it was time to let another team in our conference sign him. That might not have stung so bad if we already had depth and experience in our LBer Corps. The time to get the home town deal done wasn't AFTER the season; especially for a team that refused to consider him keeper material up against the alternatives.
-
Sign Clay Matthews III !!!
What kind of money (years) is he looking for?
Sign Clay Matthews III !!!
What kind of money (years) is he looking for?
I don't know what kind of money he is looking for; but his dad played at a pretty high level until he was almost a grandfather.
I think he still had something like 8 or 9 sacks last year. Having said that, I remember the chip of the ole block's father was talented enough to play any of the 4 LBer positions in the 3-4 and the 4-3 alignments we had here. Above all, there would be no substitute for the experience and leadership he could offer.
You and Canton Mike have a great idea for our situation here IF he's still available...
-
Berry has had options..Covid testing rules can't help the process..But,
it's time to tell your Camp bodies "We got to get Better" and quick https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/free-agent-linebacker-options-for-the-browns-if-mack-wilson-is-lost-for-the-2020-season.html help pull his trigger Joe Wood's..Were not finding much better than we already have waiting on a few cut downs? ? Now the Price tag is only as good as the team that shows it $$
-
Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews. Which is the same thing as, "I hope to be back next year."
*sigh*
Definitely a tough break for the guy.
I STILL can't wrap my dome around HOW in the flock-of-seagulls that Dorsey-Doe didn't even consider extending Schobert's contract during last season - fully understanding the summer school caliber learning curve unfolding with the younger/inexperienced LBers. YES, the year Schobert played through a bad hammy - he missed a lot of the tackles he routinely made when healthier (ie; Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year and the recent season he led the entire NFL in tackles). It sure looked like he defended more passes than Dorsey's heart throb Corner (Greedy) while his tackle volume ranked with the elite. Keep in mind all the while we had him - he was on a mid round salary. In essence, we trained the feller so that when he was entering his very best football - it was time to let another team in our conference sign him. That might not have stung so bad if we already had depth and experience in our LBer Corps. The time to get the home town deal done wasn't AFTER the season; especially for a team that refused to consider him keeper material up against the alternatives.
Definitely a tough break for the guy.
I STILL can't wrap my dome around HOW in the flock-of-seagulls that Dorsey-Doe didn't even consider extending Schobert's contract during last season - fully understanding the summer school caliber learning curve unfolding with the younger/inexperienced LBers. YES, the year Schobert played through a bad hammy - he missed a lot of the tackles he routinely made when healthier (ie; Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year and the recent season he led the entire NFL in tackles). It sure looked like he defended more passes than Dorsey's heart throb Corner (Greedy) while his tackle volume ranked with the elite. Keep in mind all the while we had him - he was on a mid round salary. In essence, we trained the feller so that when he was entering his very best football - it was time to let another team in our conference sign him. That might not have stung so bad if we already had depth and experience in our LBer Corps. The time to get the home town deal done wasn't AFTER the season; especially for a team that refused to consider him keeper material up against the alternatives.
I know...I know. We needed Schobert and I don't get it. We're in deep guano at the LB position and we might have to bend over and pay out the nose for a free agent.
-
Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews. Which is the same thing as, "I hope to be back next year."
*sigh*
Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
My guess...he's been told season ending surgery and he's hoping that Andrews says no need for that.
-
But, you would go for Matthews at this point. Fair to say?
At this point? Probably.
-
Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
My guess...he's been told season ending surgery and he's hoping that Andrews says no need for that.
-
Berry has had options..Covid testing rules can't help the process..But,
it's time to tell your Camp bodies "We got to get Better" and quick https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/free-agent-linebacker-options-for-the-browns-if-mack-wilson-is-lost-for-the-2020-season.html help pull his trigger Joe Wood's..Were not finding much better than we already have waiting on a few cut downs? ? Now the Price tag is only as good as the team that shows it $$
Berry has had options..Covid testing rules can't help the process..But,
it's time to tell your Camp bodies "We got to get Better" and quick https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/free-agent-linebacker-options-for-the-browns-if-mack-wilson-is-lost-for-the-2020-season.html help pull his trigger Joe Wood's..Were not finding much better than we already have waiting on a few cut downs? ? Now the Price tag is only as good as the team that shows it $$
Thanks for the article Gumbs! When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron. It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all. The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat. Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't. Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee?
FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball. Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is...
-
-
My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"
Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.
Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.
I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !
MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !
-
Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?
Is that the doctor that allegedly 1st discovered all semen is up and cuming? Or was that Shawn Kemp?
-
My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"
Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.
Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.
I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !
MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !
Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.
Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.
I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !
MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !
I hear ya! There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators. "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?" Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!
The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...
-
Berry has had options..Covid testing rules can't help the process..But,
it's time to tell your Camp bodies "We got to get Better" and quick https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/free-agent-linebacker-options-for-the-browns-if-mack-wilson-is-lost-for-the-2020-season.html help pull his trigger Joe Wood's..Were not finding much better than we already have waiting on a few cut downs? ? Now the Price tag is only as good as the team that shows it $$
Thanks for the article Gumbs! When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron. It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all. The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat. Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't. Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee?
FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball. Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is...
Thanks for the article Gumbs! When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron. It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all. The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat. Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't. Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee? LMAO!!
FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball. Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is...
We win at Baltimore led by the Show getting 9 tackles 7 assists & 1 sack..with Whitehead & Carrie getting 7 tackles each.. and none are still here..
The Burgh comes to Cleveland & we win again, The Show leading again with 7 tackles 3 assists 1 sack & 2 picks? Some guy named Andraez Williams gets 7 tackles & Burris gets 5T a sack & a pick? and none are still here..
We get our Butts handed to us by the Ravens at home? Randall leads with 8T/2 assists & the Show gets 5t/4a & none are here..But in mop-up duty Mack & Taki get 4 tackles each
Freddie calls for idiot play calling in a loss at Pittsburgh..But were led by some* guys on defense we may still know?..Mack Wilson 6T/2A Redwine & The Show 4/3 Burris 3/1 & Taki had 3 tackles
Kyle Brandt--your "most talented roster on both* sides of the ball"? Could be seen in the library under "Who's Missing" and/or "The Replacements"?... Big Shoe's to fill, so stay tuned..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login