Skip to content

Mack Wilson suffers knee injury, undergoing evaluation

The Browns Board
91 18 3.1k 1
  • @icecube said:

    Boy, not a great list there. 

    But, you would go for Matthews at this point.  Fair to say?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @the-gipper said:

    But, you would go for Matthews at this point.  Fair to say?

    At this point? Probably. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Mack Wilson is getting a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.

    My guess...he's been told season ending surgery and he's hoping that Andrews says no need for that.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @orion said:

    My guess...he's been told season ending surgery and he's hoping that Andrews says no need for that.

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

  • Berry has had options..Covid testing rules can't help the process..But, 

    it's time to tell your Camp bodies "We got to get Better" and quick https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/free-agent-linebacker-options-for-the-browns-if-mack-wilson-is-lost-for-the-2020-season.html  help pull his trigger Joe Wood's..Were not finding much better than we already have waiting on a few cut downs? ? Now the Price tag is only as good as the team that shows it $$  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @gumby73 said:

    Berry has had options..Covid testing rules can't help the process..But, 

    it's time to tell your Camp bodies "We got to get Better" and quick https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/free-agent-linebacker-options-for-the-browns-if-mack-wilson-is-lost-for-the-2020-season.html  help pull his trigger Joe Wood's..Were not finding much better than we already have waiting on a few cut downs? ? Now the Price tag is only as good as the team that shows it $$  

    Thanks for the article Gumbs!   When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron.  It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all.  The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat.  Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't.   Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee?

    FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball.  Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is... 

  • @orion said:

    My guess...he's been told season ending surgery and he's hoping that Andrews says no need for that.

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @flugel said:

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

    Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?

  • @orion said:

    My guess...he's been told season ending surgery and he's hoping that Andrews says no need for that.

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #32

    @flugel said:

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

    Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.

    Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.

    I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !

    MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !

  • @flugel said:

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

    Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?

    Is that the doctor that allegedly 1st discovered all semen is up and cuming?    Or was that Shawn Kemp?

  • @flugel said:

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

    Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.

    Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.

    I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !

    MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @mjp28 said:

    Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.

    Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.

    I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !

    MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !

    I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

    The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

  • @gumby73 said:

    Berry has had options..Covid testing rules can't help the process..But, 

    it's time to tell your Camp bodies "We got to get Better" and quick https://cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/free-agent-linebacker-options-for-the-browns-if-mack-wilson-is-lost-for-the-2020-season.html  help pull his trigger Joe Wood's..Were not finding much better than we already have waiting on a few cut downs? ? Now the Price tag is only as good as the team that shows it $$  

    Thanks for the article Gumbs!   When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron.  It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all.  The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat.  Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't.   Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee?

    FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball.  Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is... 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #35

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for the article Gumbs!   When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron.  It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all.  The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat.  Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't.   Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee? LMAO!!

    FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball.  Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is... 

    We win at Baltimore led by the Show getting 9 tackles 7 assists & 1 sack..with Whitehead & Carrie getting 7 tackles each.. and none are still here.. 

    The Burgh comes to Cleveland &  we win again, The Show leading again with 7 tackles 3 assists 1 sack & 2 picks? Some guy named Andraez Williams gets 7 tackles & Burris gets 5T a sack & a pick? and none are still here..

    We get our Butts handed to us by the Ravens at home? Randall leads with 8T/2 assists & the Show gets 5t/4a & none are here..But in mop-up duty Mack & Taki get 4 tackles each

    Freddie calls for idiot play calling in a loss at Pittsburgh..But were led by some* guys on defense we may still know?..Mack Wilson 6T/2A Redwine & The Show 4/3 Burris 3/1 & Taki had 3 tackles

    Kyle Brandt--your "most talented roster on both* sides of the ball"? Could be seen in the library under "Who's Missing"  and/or "The Replacements"?... Big Shoe's to fill, so stay tuned..

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #36

    Clearly, Mack's only problem is that he just doesn't believe strongly enough.  If he prays really hard, his knee will heal on its own - and he'll stop being gay!

    We don't need none of those lieberal facts up in here. Football is all about prayer and the power of positive thinking!

    Also, I haven't seen a vague platitude about playmakers in the last month. Trolls, step up your game!

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well "IF" it's season ending surgery for Wilson this would be the season to do just that then rehab and plan on football in 2021.

    Meanwhile the BROWNS defensive woes are not improving, time for free agents and a hope and a prayer.

    I'm looking forward to the NFL draft in Cleveland in 2021, Woohoo !

    MEANWHILE GO BROWNS in 2020.....baby !

    I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

    The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

    The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

    Here's the problem the Browns may have had with the idea of giving Schobert a big contract...

    Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb are all better or more important, and all will command big contracts too. (Garrett already got his)

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators.   "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?"   Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!

    The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...

    Here's the problem the Browns may have had with the idea of giving Schobert a big contract...

    Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb are all better or more important, and all will command big contracts too. (Garrett already got his)

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's the problem the Browns may have had with the idea of giving Schobert a big contract...

    Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb are all better or more important, and all will command big contracts too. (Garrett already got his)

    I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

    Mike

  • This kid worked so hard. I can't believe the season ends like this for him....

    Hopefully we'll get some good news soon. Hyperextensions can hurt like a a BEEOTCH, but once the swelling comes down the joints often respond well to therapy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's back in 4-6 weeks. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This kid worked so hard. I can't believe the season ends like this for him....

    Hopefully we'll get some good news soon. Hyperextensions can hurt like a a BEEOTCH, but once the swelling comes down the joints often respond well to therapy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's back in 4-6 weeks. 

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.  BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career).  Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks for the article Gumbs!   When I think of 1st step instinct, I'm hoping a last name like Meander is just an oxy-moron.  It's early, but seeing a lot of names I'm not familiar with getting more reps than Ticky-Takitaki doesn't make me miss Ron Wolf's entitled brat in our FO at all.  The only time I ever saw a form tackle in all his greatest hits videos from college was when he hit a stationary QB from behind. Other than that, he looked like a kid in blind-folds trying to take inventory of milkers on a Twister mat.  Anyway, you get the picture but it's more than okay if you don't.   Do I sound like I need another cup of coffee? LMAO!!

    FWIW, I heard the NFL Channel's Kyle Brandt (whom I like) say twice in the last 2 weeks that Cleveland has one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom on both sides of the ball.  Tell you what Kyle, you come Coordinate this defense against Baltimore or even Pittsburgh this year (without Schobert or if Garrett misses any games) - and let me know exactly how talented and deep it is... 

    We win at Baltimore led by the Show getting 9 tackles 7 assists & 1 sack..with Whitehead & Carrie getting 7 tackles each.. and none are still here.. 

    The Burgh comes to Cleveland &  we win again, The Show leading again with 7 tackles 3 assists 1 sack & 2 picks? Some guy named Andraez Williams gets 7 tackles & Burris gets 5T a sack & a pick? and none are still here..

    We get our Butts handed to us by the Ravens at home? Randall leads with 8T/2 assists & the Show gets 5t/4a & none are here..But in mop-up duty Mack & Taki get 4 tackles each

    Freddie calls for idiot play calling in a loss at Pittsburgh..But were led by some* guys on defense we may still know?..Mack Wilson 6T/2A Redwine & The Show 4/3 Burris 3/1 & Taki had 3 tackles

    Kyle Brandt--your "most talented roster on both* sides of the ball"? Could be seen in the library under "Who's Missing"  and/or "The Replacements"?... Big Shoe's to fill, so stay tuned..

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #40

    @gumby73 said:

    We win at Baltimore lead by the Show getting 9 tackles 7 assists & 1 sack..with Whitehead & Carrie getting 7 tackles each.. and none are still here.. 

    The Burgh comes to Cleveland &  we win again, The Show leading again with 7 tackles 3 assists 1 sack & 2 picks? Some guy named Andraez Williams gets 7 tackles & Burris gets 5T a sack & a pick? and none are still here..

    We get our Butts handed to us by the Ravens at home? Randall leads with 8T/2 assists & the Show gets 5t/4a & none are here..But in mop-up duty Mack & Taki get 4 tackles each

    Freddie calls for idiot play calling in a loss at Pittsburgh..But were led by some* guys on defense we may still know?..Mack Wilson 6T/2A Redwine & The Show 4/3 Burris 3/1 & Taki had 3 tackles

    Kyle Brandt--your "most talented roster on both* sides of the ball"? Could be seen in the library under "Who's Missing"  and/or "The Replacements"?... Big Shoe's to fill, so stay tuned..

    Good stuff! I got an id ten t form for Freddy that looks like this in all caps and digit:    ID10T

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Here's the problem the Browns may have had with the idea of giving Schobert a big contract...

    Myles Garrett, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb are all better or more important, and all will command big contracts too. (Garrett already got his)

    I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

    Mike

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @canton-mike said:

    I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

    Mike

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

  • @canton-mike said:

    I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

    Mike

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @dutch-oven said:

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    I almost posted as you did, but thought saying it might start a war on the board due to Chubb's popularity. That being said, Chubb just may be one of those backs with long term value.

    Mike

  • @canton-mike said:

    I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

    Mike

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #43

    @dutch-oven said:

    He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    I sense Chubb is more about 'winning'.. And if he reads any paper clippings? 2nd round RB's, it's hard to get paid..While his production says he will just as pick #22 Derrick Henry..But i don't see Chubb as a demanding big money guy either..guess we will see? Ward & Baker sit in the drivers sit between 2 tags..Deal? great! Franchise tag? or 5th year option pay? The positions they both play..May sit as the highest in pay for position played if tagged?..heck, we hope all 3 have to happen.. If KC can do what they got going on? Garrett & Chubb ain't going anywhere..Baker & Ward have their biggest season of their football life on the line...When they see stats in the top 10 at their positions? Than I'll worry..Happy 😁

  • @flugel said:

    My guess is your guess also hopes Dr Andrews doesn't say "trust the 1st opinion" or "phuck science - chug Clorox!"  

    Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @dutch-oven said:

    Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?

    This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that. 

  • @canton-mike said:

    I believe you may have nailed it. Unfortunately, in today's NFL, you can't keep them all but it's always tough to lose a high character, productive, loyal guy like Joe. It's a coin toss & I worry a bit about Ward's long term durability. Good LBs tend to have long & productive careers, so we'll see. Time will tell

    Mike

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @dutch-oven said:

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    You're gonna let the best player you had in 30 years walk? Genius. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That being said, I would be really shocked if the Browns end up paying Nick Chubb when he comes up for free agency either. He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    You're gonna let the best player you had in 30 years walk? Genius. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #46

    @icecube said:

    You're gonna let the best player you had in 30 years walk? Genius. 

    When the time comes it will be Baker or Chubb on a second contract with the Browns possibility of neither.  I can’t see any chance of both.  
     

    Chubb will play out that 4th year and then be franchised and he will get paid and be in another uniform in Year 6 

    we need to enjoy Kareem Hunt this year too. 
     

    there are some tough decisions coming up and we haven’t even done anything yet.  We have draft capital and we need to hit on a better percentage with our picks 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He's probably the most universally liked player on this team by the fans, but paying a ton of money for a RB with four or so years under their belt is probably the least analytics thing ever. 

    I sense Chubb is more about 'winning'.. And if he reads any paper clippings? 2nd round RB's, it's hard to get paid..While his production says he will just as pick #22 Derrick Henry..But i don't see Chubb as a demanding big money guy either..guess we will see? Ward & Baker sit in the drivers sit between 2 tags..Deal? great! Franchise tag? or 5th year option pay? The positions they both play..May sit as the highest in pay for position played if tagged?..heck, we hope all 3 have to happen.. If KC can do what they got going on? Garrett & Chubb ain't going anywhere..Baker & Ward have their biggest season of their football life on the line...When they see stats in the top 10 at their positions? Than I'll worry..Happy 😁

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #47

    @gumby73 said:

    I sense Chubb is more about 'winning'.. And if he reads any paper clippings? 2nd round RB's, it's hard to get paid..While his production says he will just as pick #22 Derrick Henry..But i don't see Chubb as a demanding big money guy either..guess we will see? Ward & Baker sit in the drivers sit between 2 tags..Deal? great! Franchise tag? or 5th year option pay? The positions they both play..May sit as the highest in pay for position played if tagged?..heck, we hope all 3 have to happen.. If KC can do what they got going on? Garrett & Chubb ain't going anywhere..Baker & Ward have their biggest season of their football life on the line...When they see stats in the top 10 at their positions? Than I'll worry..Happy 😁

    In regard to Chubb not demanding big money...if he keeps his production up there is a small chance that Chubb doesn’t demand big money- and if he’s doesn’t The players union and his agent will demand/convince that a large contract be in store for him.