Mack Wilson suffers knee injury, undergoing evaluation
-
Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet. And says all of the right things when he does speak.
We don't need no stinking running backs!
It's a bit of a conundrum. RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days. Some teams use the 'rent a back' method. - Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.
-
Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet. And says all of the right things when he does speak.
We don't need no stinking running backs!
It's a bit of a conundrum. RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days. Some teams use the 'rent a back' method. - Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.
Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet. And says all of the right things when he does speak.
We don't need no stinking running backs!
It's a bit of a conundrum. RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days. Some teams use the 'rent a back' method. - Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.
For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...
-
Maybe Mack Wilson can talk to the demon sperm voodoo doctor the resident genius on this board educates people with? ?
This coming from the group's Grammar Nazi who gives didactic lectures while misspelling words. It doesn't get any more hilarious than that.
-
I'm dying laughing because this was my theme song and played at my wedding when me and my groomsmen came out to the reception.
BTW, good news on Kevin Johnson. Released from hospital and listed as week to week. That's EXCELLENT news and means he could literally be back any day. I'm sure he'll miss SOME time, but it doesn't sound like it'll be long. We may even see him week 1.
Still waiting to hear about Mack, but it doesn't sound great. Still, I'm optimistic that he won't be gone for the year. They'll pump him full of anti-inflammatory medication, ice the crap of it, and then strengthen his knee back to normal. I'm guessing 6 weeks and he's back. I feel it.
What REALLY hurts is that we won't have a single linebacker from last year who faced Lamar Jackson. That's not good. That offense is simply devastating and I don't want to think about it right now. Hahahaha
Jiggins, I don't know if having faced Lamar in the past really matters. His stop and start times are just insanity.
I think Mack will be back in 4-6. As far as I know, nothing was torn, right?
Jiggins, I don't know if having faced Lamar in the past really matters. His stop and start times are just insanity.
I think Mack will be back in 4-6. As far as I know, nothing was torn, right?
Correct, as far as we know, nothing torn. That being said, it was a "severe" hyperextension, and that could easily result in the destruction of all sorts of joint related crap.
And yes, Lamar scares the living shit out of me. Honestly, the Ravens are the ONE team I don't want to play first. Give me anything else week 1, and I'd be happy. But Baltimore? Shit....
-
Nick Chubb is one of those guys that play his position very well and very productively....is a role model to the entire team by his work ethic, devotion to the 'team' concept, while being quiet. And says all of the right things when he does speak.
We don't need no stinking running backs!
It's a bit of a conundrum. RB's are rarely analytics friendly past their original contract now a days. Some teams use the 'rent a back' method. - Hopefully the cards will fall in such a way that he is worthy of and we sign him to a longer term deal because, he's just about everything I would dream of for a team's RB.
For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...
For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...
I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...
top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract.
-
For me... its the QB,RB and your best WR... That's what you build your team around..... I would do everything possible to keep Chubb a Brown so long as he remains healthy (Key) Most RB's and LB'er's have a shelf life of 4 yrs on average...... If Baker proves himself this year... I see no reason why they can't co-exist for the immediate time and future ahead... They'll have to get creative..... Make necessary cuts where they are needed without gutting the roster...
I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...
top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract.
I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...
top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract.
I agree , It's a canundrum...
-
I agree with you somewhat. It would be more effective to use Dadaism on you than Didacticism.
Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK.
Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping.
-
I don’t see how this happens but I’ll say a prayer...
top 5 QB money for Baker, Top 3 Back Money for Chubb and Garrett’s contract.
I agree , It's a canundrum...
I agree , It's a canundrum...
Well, the good news is you only get into cap trouble when you have good players. I'd rather have those headaches than the headaches of just sucking. I love the problem of too many good players to pay than having giant gobs of space winning 3 games a year. If Cleveland has too much talent to pay, better draft well. You got to have 50% of your team on 1st year contracts, can't afford it if you don't.
-
I hear ya! There's no substitute for experience just look at the difference in Schobert after humbled beginnings, position change and musical Coordinators. "Flugel will you ever STFU about Schobert?" Yes, welcome to Make-It-Happenville!
The GOOD news is the FO addressed a lot of areas of need this off season; and there's experienced FAs that can help us like Clay Matthews III in particular...
I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky... I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..
I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky... I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..
Who predicted this team would win more than 6-8 games? Didn't I say I was worried about this LB Corps especially against Baltimore and Pittsburgh this year? You know this isn't the only thread I've worried about the LB Corps; but I felt it was about time I gave Berry some credit for the areas he did address and how he setup contracts with FAs in the sense that when/if they go elsewhere - we get comp picks in exchange. That's a vision we haven't had here prior to Berry re-joining us with some goodies he learned in Philly.
What I was trying to say prior to your reply Nickers is Andrew Berry addressed a lot of areas of need in his 1st off-season back - but way more help is still needed at LBer. That said, who led the LSU/National Champions in tackles (J.Phillips)? And take a guess who drafted that LBer? The FO also added a FA at ILB (BJ Goodson) so it wasn't like they totally ignored LBer.
These are the other areas the FO had to address:
Offensive Tackle? Drafted our new LT (J.Wills) in Round 1 and added a RT FA (J.Conklin) with an All Pro Season already on the young resume.
Safety? Drafted the Jim Thorpe Award Winner (G.Delpit) while also adding a former 1st round Safety in FA (Joseph) and another Safety (A.Sandejo).
Corner? Added a former 1st round Corner (K.Johnson) via FA for depth while we already have Terrance Mitchell on the roster.
Tight End//H-Back/FB? Drafted (H.Bryant) and added FAs (A.Hooper & A.Janovich).
QB? FA (C.Keenum). That ain't just a massive boost in depth - it's been a great attitude adjustment for Baker. Not to mention how helpful he can be to Baker with experience as a starter in Stefanski's Offense.
In a season where we don't know how many games they will play - I'm not even thinking about the record. I'm gonna learn about who this team is 1 week at a time in 2020. I see a lot of new faces joining a team that was 7-9 in 2018 and 6-10 in 2019 that didn't have any mini-camps and OTAs together with only 5-6 weeks to GET IT without preseason games and hit the ground running. And, oh BTW, there's a new HC, OC, and DC here with that challenge; so I don't know where you are reading people are predicting the second coming of the Undefeated 72 Dolphins this year. What I will say again, is I like how many areas the FO addressed this off-season regardless of how worried I am about the LB Corps. Not for nothing, there's still some FA LBs available that can help us.
-
This kid worked so hard. I can't believe the season ends like this for him....
Hopefully we'll get some good news soon. Hyperextensions can hurt like a a BEEOTCH, but once the swelling comes down the joints often respond well to therapy. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's back in 4-6 weeks.
I hear ya! I'm not getting Jiggy with it either. BUT, Terrell Davis once had to overcome a college career at UGA marred by injury as did another RB from that school (Garrison Hearst overcoming injuries in beginning of his NFL career). Torn ACLs are no longer the career death sentence they once were if that is the injury... Looking forward to the Return of the Mack!!!
I hear ya! I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.
If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version. The piano intro really helps hype the song.
I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky... I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..
Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's, what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?
-
Consider the team our D-coordinator came from.
Got it? OK, now
. It includes commentary on the Match 3 coverage which Saban and Belichick developed in the mid-90's when both were Cleveland staff. -
Consider the team our D-coordinator came from.
Got it? OK, now
. It includes commentary on the Match 3 coverage which Saban and Belichick developed in the mid-90's when both were Cleveland staff.Consider the team our D-coordinator came from.
Got it? OK, now
. It includes commentary on the Match 3 coverage which Saban and Belichick developed in the mid-90's when both were Cleveland staff.Whom are you replying to?
-
Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.
-
Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.
Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.
Ahh. If that's a video explaining the pattern matching principles developed by Saban and BB in Cleveland, you can also find ones explaining more on YT from Saban himself on his calls (RIP/LIZ, LINDA/RITA, etc etc)
What I like about Woods is his taking of some of the more creative traits of the coaches he is trying to emulate. He does a good job mixing up fronts, being flexible with personnel, having safety's that can adequately fill each others primary rolls when the call arises, then the blend of man coverage and match zone is something I'm a fan of. Not because he HAS to, unlike Wilks who only asked more man to help supplement the pass rush, but because that's who he is as a coach. And his DB's tend to not play nearly the amount of off that Wilks had - arguably my biggest issue with him.
I'm excited to see the future of this defense once the right players are in place. But our lack of impact from the LB spot and now Billings opting out might really place a glass ceiling over this group for the 2020 season.
-
Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.
Ahh. If that's a video explaining the pattern matching principles developed by Saban and BB in Cleveland, you can also find ones explaining more on YT from Saban himself on his calls (RIP/LIZ, LINDA/RITA, etc etc)
What I like about Woods is his taking of some of the more creative traits of the coaches he is trying to emulate. He does a good job mixing up fronts, being flexible with personnel, having safety's that can adequately fill each others primary rolls when the call arises, then the blend of man coverage and match zone is something I'm a fan of. Not because he HAS to, unlike Wilks who only asked more man to help supplement the pass rush, but because that's who he is as a coach. And his DB's tend to not play nearly the amount of off that Wilks had - arguably my biggest issue with him.
I'm excited to see the future of this defense once the right players are in place. But our lack of impact from the LB spot and now Billings opting out might really place a glass ceiling over this group for the 2020 season.
once the right players are in place
I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.
TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.
Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.
I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.
-
I hear ya! I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.
If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version. The piano intro really helps hype the song.
I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky... I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..
Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's, what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?
-
once the right players are in place
I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.
TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.
Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.
I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.
I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.
TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.
Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.
I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.
Half the reason Suggs was at will is because he is pretty much incapable as dropping as much as a sam backer... in this case with Arizona, that hinders Chandler because he should be the one rushing the passer more often than not. But because you have Suggs on your roster and you feel it necessary to use him to the detriment of your own defense as a whole, that's the result. AT least, IMHO.
I'm not overly fond of any of our linebackers. Wilson has a shot in my mind, but right now LB, S and IDL will all be priorities next draft.
-
-
I agree with you somewhat. It would be more effective to use Dadaism on you than Didacticism.
Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK.
Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping.
Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK.
Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping.
Didacticism is an art form.
(and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping. Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do. They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.
Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite. Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art:

-
Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK.
Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping.
Didacticism is an art form.
(and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping. Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do. They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.
Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite. Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art:

Didacticism is an art form.
(and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping. Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do. They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.
Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite. Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art:
di·dac·tic/dīˈdaktik/adjective-
intended to teach, particularly in having moral instruction as an ulterior motive."a didactic novel that set out to expose social injustice"
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login