Skip to content

Mack Wilson suffers knee injury, undergoing evaluation

The Browns Board
91 18 3.1k 1
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Consider the team our D-coordinator came from.

    Got it? OK, now

    .  It includes commentary on the Match 3 coverage which Saban and Belichick developed in the mid-90's when both were Cleveland staff.

  • Consider the team our D-coordinator came from.

    Got it? OK, now

    .  It includes commentary on the Match 3 coverage which Saban and Belichick developed in the mid-90's when both were Cleveland staff.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @unsympathetic said:

    Consider the team our D-coordinator came from.

    Got it? OK, now

    .  It includes commentary on the Match 3 coverage which Saban and Belichick developed in the mid-90's when both were Cleveland staff.

    Whom are you replying to?   

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.

  • Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @unsympathetic said:

    Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.

    Ahh.    If that's a video explaining the pattern matching principles developed by Saban and BB in Cleveland, you can also find ones explaining more on YT from Saban himself on his calls (RIP/LIZ, LINDA/RITA, etc etc)  

    What I like about Woods is his taking of some of the more creative traits of the coaches he is trying to emulate.  He does a good job mixing up fronts, being flexible with personnel, having safety's that can adequately fill each others primary rolls when the call arises,  then the blend of man coverage and match zone is something I'm a fan of.   Not because he HAS to, unlike Wilks who only asked more man to help supplement the pass rush,  but because that's who he is as a coach.    And his DB's tend to not play nearly the amount of off that Wilks had - arguably my biggest issue with him.  

    I'm excited to see the future of this defense once the right players are in place.  But our lack of impact from the LB spot and now Billings opting out might really place a glass ceiling over this group for the 2020 season.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.

    Ahh.    If that's a video explaining the pattern matching principles developed by Saban and BB in Cleveland, you can also find ones explaining more on YT from Saban himself on his calls (RIP/LIZ, LINDA/RITA, etc etc)  

    What I like about Woods is his taking of some of the more creative traits of the coaches he is trying to emulate.  He does a good job mixing up fronts, being flexible with personnel, having safety's that can adequately fill each others primary rolls when the call arises,  then the blend of man coverage and match zone is something I'm a fan of.   Not because he HAS to, unlike Wilks who only asked more man to help supplement the pass rush,  but because that's who he is as a coach.    And his DB's tend to not play nearly the amount of off that Wilks had - arguably my biggest issue with him.  

    I'm excited to see the future of this defense once the right players are in place.  But our lack of impact from the LB spot and now Billings opting out might really place a glass ceiling over this group for the 2020 season.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #71

    @tiamat63 said:

    once the right players are in place

    I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.

    TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.

    Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.

    I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either. 

    If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version.  The piano intro really helps hype the song.

    @nickers said:

    I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky...  I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..

    Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's,  what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #72

    @tiamat63 said:

    If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version.  The piano intro really helps hype the song.

    Ladies and gentlemen - boys and girls

  • @tiamat63 said:

    once the right players are in place

    I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.

    TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.

    Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.

    I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @unsympathetic said:

    I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.

    TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.

    Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.

    I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.

    Half the reason Suggs was at will is because he is pretty much incapable as dropping as much as a sam backer...  in this case with Arizona, that hinders Chandler because he should be the one rushing the passer more often than not.   But because you have Suggs on your roster and you feel it necessary to use him to the detriment of your own defense as a whole, that's the result.   AT least, IMHO. 

    I'm not overly fond of any of our linebackers.   Wilson has a shot in my mind, but right now LB, S and IDL will all be priorities next draft. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version.  The piano intro really helps hype the song.

    Ladies and gentlemen - boys and girls

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @flugel said:

    Ladies and gentlemen - boys and girls

    Man man.   One of my favorite 90's jams.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I agree with you somewhat.  It would be more effective to use  Dadaism on you than Didacticism. 

    Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK. 

    Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping. 

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/03/01/cleveland-browns-letting-joe-schobert-walk-unpopular-correct-move/

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @icecube said:

    Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK. 

    Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping. 

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/03/01/cleveland-browns-letting-joe-schobert-walk-unpopular-correct-move/

    Didacticism is an art form.

    (and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping.  Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do.  They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.

    Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite.  Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art: 

    Ernst_Haeckel%27s_Artforms_of_Nature_of_1904.jpg

  • @icecube said:

    Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK. 

    Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping. 

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/03/01/cleveland-browns-letting-joe-schobert-walk-unpopular-correct-move/

    Didacticism is an art form.

    (and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping.  Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do.  They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.

    Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite.  Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art: 

    Ernst_Haeckel%27s_Artforms_of_Nature_of_1904.jpg

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @the-gipper said:

    Didacticism is an art form.

    (and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping.  Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do.  They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.

    Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite.  Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art: 

    Ernst_Haeckel%27s_Artforms_of_Nature_of_1904.jpg

     
     
     
    di·dac·tic
    /dīˈdaktik/
     
     
    adjective
     
    1. intended to teach, particularly in having moral instruction as an ulterior motive.
      "a didactic novel that set out to expose social injustice"
    1.  
  • @the-gipper said:

    Didacticism is an art form.

    (and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping.  Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do.  They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.

    Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite.  Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art: 

    Ernst_Haeckel%27s_Artforms_of_Nature_of_1904.jpg

     
     
     
    di·dac·tic
    /dīˈdaktik/
     
     
    adjective
     
    1. intended to teach, particularly in having moral instruction as an ulterior motive.
      "a didactic novel that set out to expose social injustice"
    1.  
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @icecube said:

     
     
     
    di·dac·tic
    /dīˈdaktik/
     
     
    1.  

    Yes, I am well aware of that.   I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that  you were more Dada:   Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition. 

    Now, for Nickers,  the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly:  Dick.  https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya!  I'm not getting Jiggy with it either. 

    If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version.  The piano intro really helps hype the song.

    @nickers said:

    I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky...  I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..

    Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's,  what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @tiamat63 said:

    If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version.  The piano intro really helps hype the song.

    Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's,  what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?

    The prevent style D they will use... They will get Torched.. TE's are gonna have a field day on us..

  • @icecube said:

     
     
     
    di·dac·tic
    /dīˈdaktik/
     
     
    1.  

    Yes, I am well aware of that.   I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that  you were more Dada:   Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition. 

    Now, for Nickers,  the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly:  Dick.  https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I am well aware of that.   I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that  you were more Dada:   Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition. 

    Now, for Nickers,  the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly:  Dick.  https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666

    Your Boyfriend... How quaint!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes, I am well aware of that.   I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that  you were more Dada:   Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition. 

    Now, for Nickers,  the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly:  Dick.  https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666

    Your Boyfriend... How quaint!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @nickers said:

    Your Boyfriend... How quaint!

    See what I mean about Nickers and "Dick Art"?  Every post is another entry into that form of expression. 

  • WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Looks like he won't need surgery. Out for only 4-6 weeks which is good news for once!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #82
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #83

    He's gonna be gimpy all year.

  • He's gonna be gimpy all year.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @orion said:

    He's gonna be gimpy all year.

    gimp.jpeg

  • He's gonna be gimpy all year.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @orion said:

    He's gonna be gimpy all year.

    It also helps that he's super young. Youth definitely heals quicker! 

    We got two super big breaks in that Johnson and Wilson will be back sooner than later. Johnson might be back as early as week 1 but I seriously doubt it. The Wilson injury terrifies me because our linebackers are probably the lowest rated in the league and now we lost Wilson for the opener AND Delpit in the secondary. Delpit really hurts because he was going to allow us flexibility on formations. Without him, we're scrambling. 

    Well, we're getting closer to week 1 and I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to be negative, but if I was a betting man I couldn't take the Browns under any circumstances. 

  • @orion said:

    He's gonna be gimpy all year.

    It also helps that he's super young. Youth definitely heals quicker! 

    We got two super big breaks in that Johnson and Wilson will be back sooner than later. Johnson might be back as early as week 1 but I seriously doubt it. The Wilson injury terrifies me because our linebackers are probably the lowest rated in the league and now we lost Wilson for the opener AND Delpit in the secondary. Delpit really hurts because he was going to allow us flexibility on formations. Without him, we're scrambling. 

    Well, we're getting closer to week 1 and I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to be negative, but if I was a betting man I couldn't take the Browns under any circumstances. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It also helps that he's super young. Youth definitely heals quicker! 

    Well, we're getting closer to week 1 and I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to be negative, but if I was a betting man I couldn't take the Browns under any circumstances. 

    1)  I'm guessing that they put Mack Wilson on IR and then take him off IR when allowed (what is it, 8 games?).

    2)  It's very hard to bet on any team without getting any hints from the preseason.  But us?  With all of our newness (again)?  Playing against a stable, strong team / organization?  ForgetAboutit.