Mack Wilson suffers knee injury, undergoing evaluation
-
Adding to the discussion of the D this season.. important to know how a player is going to be used as well as the traits of that player.
Ahh. If that's a video explaining the pattern matching principles developed by Saban and BB in Cleveland, you can also find ones explaining more on YT from Saban himself on his calls (RIP/LIZ, LINDA/RITA, etc etc)
What I like about Woods is his taking of some of the more creative traits of the coaches he is trying to emulate. He does a good job mixing up fronts, being flexible with personnel, having safety's that can adequately fill each others primary rolls when the call arises, then the blend of man coverage and match zone is something I'm a fan of. Not because he HAS to, unlike Wilks who only asked more man to help supplement the pass rush, but because that's who he is as a coach. And his DB's tend to not play nearly the amount of off that Wilks had - arguably my biggest issue with him.
I'm excited to see the future of this defense once the right players are in place. But our lack of impact from the LB spot and now Billings opting out might really place a glass ceiling over this group for the 2020 season.
once the right players are in place
I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.
TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.
Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.
I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.
-
I hear ya! I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.
If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version. The piano intro really helps hype the song.
I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky... I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..
Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's, what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?
-
once the right players are in place
I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.
TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.
Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.
I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.
I don't see Wilson part of the medium-to-long term future anyway.. That link is an evaluation of each Wilson game last season. So I don't think this season's record will be impacted by him being out [hint: He's not good] .. probably better that it forces us to move on.
TLDR: He's 93rd out of the 100 LB's in the entire league who qualified for a season grade.
Side note, the middle of the last video I posted analyzes terrible LB play in Arizona last year -- 37yo Suggs playing Will and dropping into space? - and after they released Suggs the D had their best performances of the season.. because releasing Suggs finally allowed Woods to put his players where they had the best chance to succeed.
I also don't see teriyaki sauce becoming a long-term Cleveland flavor.. ST/backup flavor of the month, sure, but no more.
Half the reason Suggs was at will is because he is pretty much incapable as dropping as much as a sam backer... in this case with Arizona, that hinders Chandler because he should be the one rushing the passer more often than not. But because you have Suggs on your roster and you feel it necessary to use him to the detriment of your own defense as a whole, that's the result. AT least, IMHO.
I'm not overly fond of any of our linebackers. Wilson has a shot in my mind, but right now LB, S and IDL will all be priorities next draft.
-
-
I agree with you somewhat. It would be more effective to use Dadaism on you than Didacticism.
Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK.
Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping.
Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK.
Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping.
Didacticism is an art form.
(and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping. Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do. They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.
Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite. Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art:

-
Well, I'm not sure what art forms have to do with it, but OK.
Someone tell me why Schobert wasn't worth keeping.
Didacticism is an art form.
(and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping. Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do. They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.
Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite. Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art:

Didacticism is an art form.
(and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping. Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do. They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.
Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite. Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art:
di·dac·tic/dīˈdaktik/adjective-
intended to teach, particularly in having moral instruction as an ulterior motive."a didactic novel that set out to expose social injustice"
-
-
Didacticism is an art form.
(and I can't answer your question re Schobert...I would have thought he was worth keeping. Only I can think of is that the money Jax gave him was far beyond what the Browns were willing to do. They should have sign him to an extension a year earlier.
Didactic, of literature or other art, intended to convey instruction and information. The word is often used to refer to texts that are overburdened with instructive or factual matter to the exclusion of graceful and pleasing detail so that they are pompously dull and erudite. Herein considered a typical piece of didactic art:
di·dac·tic/dīˈdaktik/adjective-
intended to teach, particularly in having moral instruction as an ulterior motive."a didactic novel that set out to expose social injustice"
di·dac·tic/dīˈdaktik/Yes, I am well aware of that. I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that you were more Dada: Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition.
Now, for Nickers, the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly: Dick. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666
-
-
I hear ya! I'm not getting Jiggy with it either.
If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version. The piano intro really helps hype the song.
I don't mean to upset the Apple Cart here.. But I see this team winning 6-8 games if they are lucky... I'm not sold on this defensive philosophy ,LB'ers or Safeties... Everything else on the perimeter seems legit.. Greedy,Ward, D-Line.. etc..
Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's, what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?
If you're going to link ROTM, you have to put on the full version. The piano intro really helps hype the song.
Since you're now floating into my territory and talking about a coach who hails from one of my favorite football tree's, what specifically about the philosophy don't you like?
The prevent style D they will use... They will get Torched.. TE's are gonna have a field day on us..
-
di·dac·tic/dīˈdaktik/
Yes, I am well aware of that. I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that you were more Dada: Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition.
Now, for Nickers, the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly: Dick. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666
Yes, I am well aware of that. I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that you were more Dada: Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition.
Now, for Nickers, the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly: Dick. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666
Your Boyfriend... How quaint!
-
-
Yes, I am well aware of that. I was just playing around with the art form of that particular expression......and still saying that you were more Dada: Deliberately irrational and negatory toward tradition.
Now, for Nickers, the form of art expression he would adhere to is strictly: Dick. https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3bjdzy/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666
Your Boyfriend... How quaint!
-
Looks like he won't need surgery. Out for only 4-6 weeks which is good news for once!
-
-
-
-
He's gonna be gimpy all year.
It also helps that he's super young. Youth definitely heals quicker!
We got two super big breaks in that Johnson and Wilson will be back sooner than later. Johnson might be back as early as week 1 but I seriously doubt it. The Wilson injury terrifies me because our linebackers are probably the lowest rated in the league and now we lost Wilson for the opener AND Delpit in the secondary. Delpit really hurts because he was going to allow us flexibility on formations. Without him, we're scrambling.
Well, we're getting closer to week 1 and I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to be negative, but if I was a betting man I couldn't take the Browns under any circumstances.
-
He's gonna be gimpy all year.
It also helps that he's super young. Youth definitely heals quicker!
We got two super big breaks in that Johnson and Wilson will be back sooner than later. Johnson might be back as early as week 1 but I seriously doubt it. The Wilson injury terrifies me because our linebackers are probably the lowest rated in the league and now we lost Wilson for the opener AND Delpit in the secondary. Delpit really hurts because he was going to allow us flexibility on formations. Without him, we're scrambling.
Well, we're getting closer to week 1 and I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to be negative, but if I was a betting man I couldn't take the Browns under any circumstances.
It also helps that he's super young. Youth definitely heals quicker!
Well, we're getting closer to week 1 and I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to be negative, but if I was a betting man I couldn't take the Browns under any circumstances.
1) I'm guessing that they put Mack Wilson on IR and then take him off IR when allowed (what is it, 8 games?).
2) It's very hard to bet on any team without getting any hints from the preseason. But us? With all of our newness (again)? Playing against a stable, strong team / organization? ForgetAboutit.
-
It also helps that he's super young. Youth definitely heals quicker!
Well, we're getting closer to week 1 and I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to be negative, but if I was a betting man I couldn't take the Browns under any circumstances.
1) I'm guessing that they put Mack Wilson on IR and then take him off IR when allowed (what is it, 8 games?).
2) It's very hard to bet on any team without getting any hints from the preseason. But us? With all of our newness (again)? Playing against a stable, strong team / organization? ForgetAboutit.
1) I'm guessing that they put Mack Wilson on IR and then take him off IR when allowed (what is it, 8 games?).
2) It's very hard to bet on any team without getting any hints from the preseason. But us? With all of our newness (again)? Playing against a stable, strong team / organization? ForgetAboutit.
Don't forget about the season opener curse. Lmao
-
1) I'm guessing that they put Mack Wilson on IR and then take him off IR when allowed (what is it, 8 games?).
2) It's very hard to bet on any team without getting any hints from the preseason. But us? With all of our newness (again)? Playing against a stable, strong team / organization? ForgetAboutit.
Don't forget about the season opener curse. Lmao
Don't forget about the season opener curse. Lmao
Nope, I didn't. I was going to add that it doesn't seem like we'd be breaking our opening day loss tradition this year. It seems like we're constantly starting seasons with new coaching regimes....with little to no chance of winning game 1.
-
Don't forget about the season opener curse. Lmao
Nope, I didn't. I was going to add that it doesn't seem like we'd be breaking our opening day loss tradition this year. It seems like we're constantly starting seasons with new coaching regimes....with little to no chance of winning game 1.
Nope, I didn't. I was going to add that it doesn't seem like we'd be breaking our opening day loss tradition this year. It seems like we're constantly starting seasons with new coaching regimes....with little to no chance of winning game 1.
And this is about as bad of a week 1 as I can think of. Can you think of another team you'd like to play less? Maybe the Chiefs, but that's about it.
-
Could it get any worse than a 43-13 home opener loss to the Titans? Hell, Mariota was under center
,,, Baker chucked up 3 picks & was sacked 5 times....
i don't see the ravens hitting 30.. and Baker won't have to force anything... welcome to... eat the clock & move the chains football.. stay tuned for week 1...W00F !!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
