Skip to content

Crabtree

The Browns Board
32 21 2.4k
  • I'm glad we don't have to deal with him.

  • Forgive me as I may be wrong; but didn't Mangini write this kid off because he came off as a 'me me me gimmie gimmie gimmie' type of dude

    If so; Mangini hit this nail on the head

    @listercat said:

    Forgive me as I may be wrong; but didn't Mangini write this kid off because he came off as a 'me me me gimmie gimmie gimmie' type of dude

    If so; Mangini hit this nail on the head

    Yeah, Mangini said he had a diva-ish attitude about him. I am SO glad we don't have to deal with this headache.

  • Forgive me as I may be wrong; but didn't Mangini write this kid off because he came off as a 'me me me gimmie gimmie gimmie' type of dude

    If so; Mangini hit this nail on the head

    @listercat said:

    Forgive me as I may be wrong; but didn't Mangini write this kid off because he came off as a 'me me me gimmie gimmie gimmie' type of dude

    If so; Mangini hit this nail on the head

    Yeah, but Mike Leach said it was a load, so it must not have been true.

    Dennis

    I wonder what the over/under is on Leach--even with his knack of self-promotion, he has to realize his gimmick offense is going to be good for about #4 or #5 in the Big 12 most years...he's got to be scanning every Big East job opening that comes up.

  • This story right here begs for the barfing emoticon to make a comeback.

    I don't know what the 49er front office is saying publicly but 'm sure I know what they want to say. What a douchebag. Hope he gets squat. I hope he does sit out. Sits out all season and becomes penpals with Maurice Clarett. I hope Maurice gives Crabtree some bad advice and he takes it...

    "Hey, Crabtree... pssst.... know how you can get back some of that mad cash you're missing out on right now? ROB SOMEBODY man! Just pull a gun and be like GIMME YOUR MONEY MAN!!!"

    Anything less wold just not be a fitting ending for Michael Crabtree in my opinion.

    ..... Actually, now that I think about it.... he has pulled a gun on the 49ers and demanded cash. Hmph. Go figure.

  • Thanks Mangini for not listening to many of us and not picking Crabtree

  • My only wish is that we beat the STEELERS.

  • Crabtree hung out with Dion Sanders....enough said. I hope Braylon's modeling career is taking off.

  • What a bitch ass move. Who the hell do these college pricks think they are holding out for money they think they deserve. Drafted 10th wants top 5 money, naa. I hope the niner's don't budge on this, they already had a T.O. Its a f**king privilege to play in this league, i cant for the life of me understand how or why they let them do this to there teams.

  • I'm glad we passed on this fool. And yet another reason why the NFL needs to take a look and do something with salaries for Rookies... These idiots, who don't prove anything, demanding such paydays. It's time the league steps up and protects the owners and fans. Drop these idiots like potatoes. ๐Ÿ˜ 

  • I'm glad we passed on this fool. And yet another reason why the NFL needs to take a look and do something with salaries for Rookies... These idiots, who don't prove anything, demanding such paydays. It's time the league steps up and protects the owners and fans. Drop these idiots like potatoes. ๐Ÿ˜ 

    @brownskidd said:

    I'm glad we passed on this fool. And yet another reason why the NFL needs to take a look and do something with salaries for Rookies... These idiots, who don't prove anything, demanding such paydays. It's time the league steps up and protects the owners and fans. Drop these idiots like potatoes. ๐Ÿ˜ 

    Why should the owners deserve protection? Did they buy the team or not? Did their teams pick the players or not? Since the answer to both questions is yes, why should they be shielded from the effects of their decisions? As to the fans, we don't need protection, since we are not affected in any substantial way by what happens with contract negotiations. I keep going back to one of my favorite quotes from Bill Russell to a younger player--Remember that you owe the fans the same thing they owe you: nothing.

    Dennis

  • @brownskidd said:

    I'm glad we passed on this fool. And yet another reason why the NFL needs to take a look and do something with salaries for Rookies... These idiots, who don't prove anything, demanding such paydays. It's time the league steps up and protects the owners and fans. Drop these idiots like potatoes. ๐Ÿ˜ 

    Why should the owners deserve protection? Did they buy the team or not? Did their teams pick the players or not? Since the answer to both questions is yes, why should they be shielded from the effects of their decisions? As to the fans, we don't need protection, since we are not affected in any substantial way by what happens with contract negotiations. I keep going back to one of my favorite quotes from Bill Russell to a younger player--Remember that you owe the fans the same thing they owe you: nothing.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    Why should the owners deserve protection? Did they buy the team or not? Did their teams pick the players or not? Since the answer to both questions is yes, why should they be shielded from the effects of their decisions? As to the fans, we don't need protection, since we are not affected in any substantial way by what happens with contract negotiations. I keep going back to one of my favorite quotes from Bill Russell to a younger player--Remember that you owe the fans the same thing they owe you: nothing.

    Dennis

    I have to agree - the owner can decide not to pay the guy and let him re-enter the draft. It may hurt the team in the short run, but in the long run, it may be a wise move. The owners don't need protection - most of them are smart businessmen (excluding Mike Brown in Cincitucky). Large contracts may contribute slightly to ticket pricess, the effect is probably pretty minimal; NFL teams don't rely on paying salaries out of ticket sales.

    Who is risking more? A player who sits out a whole year and can't play any football, or the owner who loses a rookie player who wasn't likely to heavily contribute anyhow?

  • it just appears to me that crabs doesn't have the mental capacity to understand he's wasn't a top 5 pick.....you dont get paid according to where you should have gone, as thats mere speculation. you get paid per your slotting....greedy diva thinks that since his college stats were better than the first taken, that he should get paid more.....

    i hop he sits the season. he wont even go in the first round next year....

  • would laugh if he does reenter the draft and a rookie pay scale is enacted or better yet, he goes undrafted (that won't happen but would be funny as hell if it did)

  • Man, I NEVER wanted that joker. thank goodness we passed on him.

  • Man, I NEVER wanted that joker. thank goodness we passed on him.

    @deadwombat said:

    Man, I NEVER wanted that joker. thank goodness we passed on him.

    While the combination of the Edwards-Crabtree was enticing, I am glad we passed on that fool.

  • at the time I was wanting him, but was not upset that we passed on him, now glad we did

  • Yeah, Crabtree's character issues were pretty disconcerting. Another thing worth noting: his college QB seemed to prefer one of our rooks:

    Daniel Jeremiah said:

    I interviewed Graham Harrell at the Sr. Bowl and he was impressed with Robiskie. He said he was a better route runner than Crabtree.
  • His agent is his cousin, correct? Look, there are plenty of agents right now calling Crabtree and telling him he'll never see the money from 2009 - ever. If he doesn't sign, this is an entire season of income DOWN THE DRAIN. And then, his agent has to think I may get fired, so I better get him signed.

    Lose-Lose situation for both of these morons.

    Get to camp.

  • His agent is his cousin, correct? Look, there are plenty of agents right now calling Crabtree and telling him he'll never see the money from 2009 - ever. If he doesn't sign, this is an entire season of income DOWN THE DRAIN. And then, his agent has to think I may get fired, so I better get him signed.

    Lose-Lose situation for both of these morons.

    Get to camp.

    @vegasdogg said:

    His agent is his cousin, correct? Look, there are plenty of agents right now calling Crabtree and telling him he'll never see the money from 2009 - ever. If he doesn't sign, this is an entire season of income DOWN THE DRAIN. And then, his agent has to think I may get fired, so I better get him signed.

    Lose-Lose situation for both of these morons.

    Get to camp.

    I don't think his cousin is his agent, just his advisor. His agent is Eugene Parker, his cousin is David Wells.

    PFT Link

  • hopes he slips to the second round, guess he never thought that he could get hurt before next year or something IE car wreck. hope he comes out of this for the worse financially