Skip to content

Browns Sign a LB

The Browns Board
19 10 465
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well, this guy looks like he's going to replace the guy who was supposed to replace Schobert, so sure! ?

    Last I knew, if I knew, Goodson was going to play inside.   

    @flugel said:

    Last I knew, if I knew, Goodson was going to play inside.   

    Hmmm... that does sound right. 

  • I've seen multi reports that he's played all 3 LB spots.stat lines too. He's the younger brother to retired Panther baller WR Steve Smith.. The last I've seen of MS seeing any serious game snaps on game-pass? Was with Oakland & the 2018 San Fran season..Joe Woods was still in Denver as DC, while Malcolm Brown played at Mack Wilson's 'Will backer' spot at San Fran.. Wood's is now the* DC...wait & see? for me.. In media speak? Goodson has had a good camp mike'ing out the defense playing Mike LB...What Joe Wood's speaks? is the only one that matters..

    If or when we see 3 LB? The starting Sam now has a cluster of Taki/Jacob Phillips/Ajayi/ Tre Davis & Willie Harvey...stay tuned!!     

  • He  has bounced around for a reason, but he is a vet.  We had to do something.  This is about a good a option out there at this point.

    @ballpeen said:

    He  has bounced around for a reason, but he is a vet.  We had to do something.  This is about a good a option out there at this point.

    At MLB.     I would still advocate going for  Clay Matthews III at OLB.   Or, maybe these guys think we are good there.

    Raise your hand if you think the Browns are all good at OLB.   (even if they are just going to play 2 LBs.)

  • @ballpeen said:

    He  has bounced around for a reason, but he is a vet.  We had to do something.  This is about a good a option out there at this point.

    At MLB.     I would still advocate going for  Clay Matthews III at OLB.   Or, maybe these guys think we are good there.

    Raise your hand if you think the Browns are all good at OLB.   (even if they are just going to play 2 LBs.)

    @the-gipper said:

    At MLB.     I would still advocate going for  Clay Matthews III at OLB.   Or, maybe these guys think we are good there.

    Raise your hand if you think the Browns are all good at OLB.   (even if they are just going to play 2 LBs.)

    {keeps hand down}
     

    in this new world of COVID testing we need to prepare as though at least one player from each positional group will test positive.  So I’d prefer an experienced backup at each group rather than stroll out with a guy like Donnie Lewis at CB or Tre Davis at LB. 

    what happens when god forbid Taki or Ward test positive Saturday night before a Sunday game? 

  • @ballpeen said:

    He  has bounced around for a reason, but he is a vet.  We had to do something.  This is about a good a option out there at this point.

    At MLB.     I would still advocate going for  Clay Matthews III at OLB.   Or, maybe these guys think we are good there.

    Raise your hand if you think the Browns are all good at OLB.   (even if they are just going to play 2 LBs.)

    @the-gipper said:

    At MLB.     I would still advocate going for  Clay Matthews III at OLB.   Or, maybe these guys think we are good there.

    Raise your hand if you think the Browns are all good at OLB.   (even if they are just going to play 2 LBs.)

    Clay isn't the player he once was.  I pass.

  • @the-gipper said:

    At MLB.     I would still advocate going for  Clay Matthews III at OLB.   Or, maybe these guys think we are good there.

    Raise your hand if you think the Browns are all good at OLB.   (even if they are just going to play 2 LBs.)

    Clay isn't the player he once was.  I pass.

    @ballpeen said:

    Clay isn't the player he once was.  I pass.

    He had 8 sacks last year. Which I think is more than anyone on the Browns had. OK and checking I see that Garrett had 10 sacks but no one else had more than five

  • @ballpeen said:

    Clay isn't the player he once was.  I pass.

    He had 8 sacks last year. Which I think is more than anyone on the Browns had. OK and checking I see that Garrett had 10 sacks but no one else had more than five

    @the-gipper said:

    He had 8 sacks last year. Which I think is more than anyone on the Browns had. OK and checking I see that Garrett had 10 sacks but no one else had more than five

    Right, he is more of a edge rusher these days.  We have that covered.  We need olb's who can cover ground.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He had 8 sacks last year. Which I think is more than anyone on the Browns had. OK and checking I see that Garrett had 10 sacks but no one else had more than five

    Right, he is more of a edge rusher these days.  We have that covered.  We need olb's who can cover ground.

    @ballpeen said:

    Right, he is more of a edge rusher these days.  We have that covered.  We need olb's who can cover ground.

    By that I assume you mean  do well in pass coverage? 

    Well, I don't know, scouting that sort of thing is not my bailiwick, but....is he any worse there than anyone we have or anyone else we could pick up?  I don't know.

    But I also know you can really never have enough good pass rushers. 

  • @ballpeen said:

    Right, he is more of a edge rusher these days.  We have that covered.  We need olb's who can cover ground.

    By that I assume you mean  do well in pass coverage? 

    Well, I don't know, scouting that sort of thing is not my bailiwick, but....is he any worse there than anyone we have or anyone else we could pick up?  I don't know.

    But I also know you can really never have enough good pass rushers. 

    @the-gipper said:

    By that I assume you mean  do well in pass coverage? 

    Well, I don't know, scouting that sort of thing is not my bailiwick, but....is he any worse there than anyone we have or anyone else we could pick up?  I don't know.

    But I also know you can really never have enough good pass rushers. 

    I was talking more about getting to the and play the linebacker position any longer.  He is more a standup edge rusher.

    @the-gipper said:

    By that I assume you mean  do well in pass coverage? 

    Well, I don't know, scouting that sort of thing is not my bailiwick, but....is he any worse there than anyone we have or anyone else we could pick up?  I don't know.

    But I also know you can really never have enough good pass rushers. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    By that I assume you mean  do well in pass coverage? 

    Well, I don't know, scouting that sort of thing is not my bailiwick, but....is he any worse there than anyone we have or anyone else we could pick up?  I don't know.

    But I also know you can really never have enough good pass rushers. 

    I was talking more about getting to the and play the linebacker position any longer.  He is more a standup edge rusher.

    @the-gipper said:

    By that I assume you mean  do well in pass coverage? 

    Well, I don't know, scouting that sort of thing is not my bailiwick, but....is he any worse there than anyone we have or anyone else we could pick up?  I don't know.

    But I also know you can really never have enough good pass rushers. 

    @ballpeen said:

    I was talking more about getting to the and play the linebacker position any longer.  He is more a standup edge rusher.

    Well, again, by that do you mean that both his  run defense skills and his pass coverage skills are significantly diminished?   Those would be 2/3rds of an LBs duties.