Skip to content

Don't Read Too Much Into It If.......

The Browns Board
10 8 940
  • R roach wrote on last edited by
    #1

    If Mangini is serious about the QB race being a true competition, then both guys should get at least one start. It wouldn't make sense to me to start DA in front of a hostile home crowd. If Quinn gets the Lions at home, then DA would get Preseason #1 in Green Bay. The interesting start will be Preseason #3 against the Titans.

    BTW, too bad about Hadnot. He wasn't my favorite as a starter, but i hope he makes a full recovery.

    Thanks to all for the training camp reports. i need to get to Berea.

  • R roach wrote on last edited by
    #2

    One last thing.........

    It's kind of therapeutic starting my own QB thread.

  • D D'Qwimbley wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Wait, this wasn't started by Shep?

    It may very well be the end of the world.

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I also expect each guy to get 1 start in the first 2 games..then the winner will be declared. I just hope the good and bad of both guys shows up so the coach can make the right call whoever it is. I trust the coach on this one.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #5

    It's hard not to trust this coaching staff so far IMO, so I can't argue with their choice.

    I just don't want to see what I've seen before.

  • One last thing.........

    It's kind of therapeutic starting my own QB thread.

    D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @roach said:

    One last thing.........

    It's kind of therapeutic starting my own QB thread.

    I was kind of shocked...what's next, a "Wali Rainer was an unrecognized genius" thread?

    That plan wouldn't shock me, although I'm a bit leery of this turning into 2002, when Couch went, what, 6-2 on the road and sucked at CBS? The starter will need to feel like the man, even if he's playing at home (never thought I'd say that one).

    Shep is right--give each guy a go with the #1s, then start whoever is going to be the man on opening day in game #3. Then, hopefully, at least a couple weeks of actually being fans of whoever is the starter, rather than "I can't wait until [insert QB here] throws a pick, 'cause I said he would," "[insert QB here] only got the starting job because [insert other QB here] isn't a practice player, and we all know that," "You're only rooting for [insert player here], not the team," etc.

    Dennis

  • @roach said:

    One last thing.........

    It's kind of therapeutic starting my own QB thread.

    I was kind of shocked...what's next, a "Wali Rainer was an unrecognized genius" thread?

    That plan wouldn't shock me, although I'm a bit leery of this turning into 2002, when Couch went, what, 6-2 on the road and sucked at CBS? The starter will need to feel like the man, even if he's playing at home (never thought I'd say that one).

    Shep is right--give each guy a go with the #1s, then start whoever is going to be the man on opening day in game #3. Then, hopefully, at least a couple weeks of actually being fans of whoever is the starter, rather than "I can't wait until [insert QB here] throws a pick, 'cause I said he would," "[insert QB here] only got the starting job because [insert other QB here] isn't a practice player, and we all know that," "You're only rooting for [insert player here], not the team," etc.

    Dennis

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @dencyguy said:

    ...........give each guy a go with the #1s, then start whoever is going to be the man on opening day in game #3.

    Dennis

    That's why i said the interesting start will be game #3. Mangini will be showing his hand against the Titans.

    Thanks for reminding me about Wali. The guy that most on this board loved because he "led the team in tackles." The guy that we traded to the Jags to move up 2 or 3 places in the 3rd round. LOL. Man, you're getting me revved up on that. i hope we have a 2nd good defensive player to compliment Rogers this year.

  • It's hard not to trust this coaching staff so far IMO, so I can't argue with their choice.

    I just don't want to see what I've seen before.

    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @riffer-x said:

    It's hard not to trust this coaching staff so far IMO, so I can't argue with their choice.

    I just don't want to see what I've seen before.

    I agree Riff its hard not to trust this hard working staff im also confident they will choose the guy who gives us the best overall chance to win....😉

  • It's hard not to trust this coaching staff so far IMO, so I can't argue with their choice.

    I just don't want to see what I've seen before.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @riffer-x said:

    I just don't want to see what I've seen before.

    ....and only time will tell. The ability to make sound (or unsound) decisions "on field" will show in actual game conditions.

    I AM confident that this coaching staff will not allow our season and/or progress to go down the drain by sticking with the wrong guy.

    Mike

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Pre season although fun to watch is little more than a controlled practice.

    No one wants to get hurt and there are alot newbies trying to make a name for themselves hence the season ending injuries.

    Usually the preseason is not a good indicator of how a team is going to perform throughout the year.

    Getting good info on players is sometimes valid with just the rookies, no coach is going to establish ALL his starters of a few series of downs against teams who are just as weary about the usual pitfalls of a preseason which is way to long and unneccasary.