Skip to content

NBA boycott...

Political Discussion
17 10 291
  • @mld-woody said:

    Good for the players for using their platform.

    Correction: the platform of the NBA.  Which besides for the great Michael Jordan are Non Black Americans.

    Kind of odd, but the owners could have said no.  So more power to them.

    .....

    Hopefully this can drive CFB players to unite for change as well (fair compensation and image rights, tho that's a different subject). 

    If you read enough on it, you would know that's partially the reason why the Big10 and others shut it down.  Pretty soon high schoolers would demand $20 an hour, if CFB got their way. 

    @htownbrown said:

    Yes, the owners can say no. They can impose whatever consequences are available to them as laid out in the contract. I have no problem with that either.

    This belief that the B1G shut down because they were scared of players organizing is dumb to me. Do they think this push is just going to go away now? Hell, now that the players have more time don't you think they can organize and coordinate more? There is absolutely 0 argument I've heard for why they shouldn't at least be able to make money off of their likeness, etc. If you have one I'd be happy to hear it.

  • @htownbrown said:

    Yes, the owners can say no. They can impose whatever consequences are available to them as laid out in the contract. I have no problem with that either.

    This belief that the B1G shut down because they were scared of players organizing is dumb to me. Do they think this push is just going to go away now? Hell, now that the players have more time don't you think they can organize and coordinate more? There is absolutely 0 argument I've heard for why they shouldn't at least be able to make money off of their likeness, etc. If you have one I'd be happy to hear it.

    @mld-woody said:

    Yes, the owners can say no. They can impose whatever consequences are available to them as laid out in the contract. I have no problem with that either.

    This belief that the B1G shut down because they were scared of players organizing is dumb to me. Do they think this push is just going to go away now? Hell, now that the players have more time don't you think they can organize and coordinate more? There is absolutely 0 argument I've heard for why they shouldn't at least be able to make money off of their likeness, etc. If you have one I'd be happy to hear it.

    The season was supposedly "'rona proof" until the players, for lack of a better term, unionized for health demands.  The Big 10 said nope, shut it down, we're not going there.  If they had caved for the players this time, they knew what was next.  They're not going to allow them to unionize in any way.

    I'm not advocating either way because I don't care about college football.

  • How come they dont refuse to play in chicago?  

  • As a guy who has never seen a consecutive minute of basketball, this is great news. 

  • if a tree falls....really.  NBA sucks...no defense...leflop James..

    I loved it back in the Magic days..the gutwrenching cavs loss.

    I havent watched it 10 years.

    @kvoethe said:

    if a tree falls....really.  NBA sucks...no defense...leflop James..

    I loved it back in the Magic days..the gutwrenching cavs loss.

    I havent watched it 10 years.

    Double that for me. Don't watch baseball either.

    Professional basketball and baseball are made up of men playing kids games.

    But when a kid plays football, he's playin a mans game.

  • Don’t care about the NBA , hope they go under. Apparently if you can dunk a basketball and grew up in the projects you can get paid. Don’t need that person expressing their political opinions. Just shut up and dribble.   No , just shut up! ! Because nothing you say matters. 

  • Good for the players for using their platform.

    Hopefully this can drive CFB players to unite for change as well (fair compensation and image rights, tho that's a different subject). 

    @mld-woody said:

    Good for the players for using their platform.

    Hopefully this can drive CFB players to unite for change as well (fair compensation and image rights, tho that's a different subject). 

    Exactly what kind of change do you think not having NBA to watch will force people to put in place? And in what way do you believe NBA owners and fans could force those changes?

    As for the strike it doesn't affect me at all I don't like basketball and never did. And I hate LeBron James, always did. So if you believe it's a good cause why don't you go on strike and tell your bosses you're not coming back until.... Actually until whatever the hell it is you want........

    WSS

  • If lebong feels so much solidarity with rioters, why doesn't he just give up his millions and

    send it to all the poor black folks?

       Everybody knows why. Because he's rich, and he's an expert on all things because he's...

    rich.

    Never cared about the nba -I just don't care.

    Leo Terrell certainly put leboob in his place:

    https://www.redstate.com/mike_miller/2020/08/25/lebron-runs-his-mouth-about-kenosha-shooting-leo-terrell-shows-up-with-a-few-suggestions/

  • If lebong feels so much solidarity with rioters, why doesn't he just give up his millions and

    send it to all the poor black folks?

       Everybody knows why. Because he's rich, and he's an expert on all things because he's...

    rich.

    Never cared about the nba -I just don't care.

    Leo Terrell certainly put leboob in his place:

    https://www.redstate.com/mike_miller/2020/08/25/lebron-runs-his-mouth-about-kenosha-shooting-leo-terrell-shows-up-with-a-few-suggestions/

    @calfoxwc said:

    If lebong feels so much solidarity with rioters, why doesn't he just give up his millions and

    send it to all the poor black folks?

       Everybody knows why. Because he's rich, and he's an expert on all things because he's...

    rich.

    Never cared about the nba -I just don't care.

    Leo Terrell certainly put leboob in his place:

    https://www.redstate.com/mike_miller/2020/08/25/lebron-runs-his-mouth-about-kenosha-shooting-leo-terrell-shows-up-with-a-few-suggestions/

    The inevitable counter will be that LeBron gives Millions to po people. Actually it's calculated as a tax deferral and whatever he throws to the ghetto project costs him nothing. And he receive millions of dollars worth of fake good publicity. So there's that.

    WSS

  • He... He does give a way a lot of money.

    "He doesn't give away money!"

    He does

    "It doesn't matter he gives away money!"

    Uhhh...

    It's hardly a "counter" if the original statement is objectively false

  • I hope the NBA goes bankrupt.

    LBJ has shown he’s lost touch as have the players.

    Professional sports has a long climb back.

  • He... He does give a way a lot of money.

    "He doesn't give away money!"

    He does

    "It doesn't matter he gives away money!"

    Uhhh...

    It's hardly a "counter" if the original statement is objectively false

    @mld-woody said:

    He... He does give a way a lot of money.

    "He doesn't give away money!"

    He does

    "It doesn't matter he gives away money!"

    Uhhh...

    It's hardly a "counter" if the original statement is objectively false

    It's a tax write-off Woody it doesn't really cost him anything. People in that monstrous tax bracket often throw huge chunks away. Come on you knew that right?

    It's not like one of us giving $1,000 to charity. We don't really have the tax benefit.

    WSS

  • @calfoxwc said:

    If lebong feels so much solidarity with rioters, why doesn't he just give up his millions and

    send it to all the poor black folks?

       Everybody knows why. Because he's rich, and he's an expert on all things because he's...

    rich.

    Never cared about the nba -I just don't care.

    Leo Terrell certainly put leboob in his place:

    https://www.redstate.com/mike_miller/2020/08/25/lebron-runs-his-mouth-about-kenosha-shooting-leo-terrell-shows-up-with-a-few-suggestions/

    The inevitable counter will be that LeBron gives Millions to po people. Actually it's calculated as a tax deferral and whatever he throws to the ghetto project costs him nothing. And he receive millions of dollars worth of fake good publicity. So there's that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    The inevitable counter will be that LeBron gives Millions to po people. Actually it's calculated as a tax deferral and whatever he throws to the ghetto project costs him nothing. And he receive millions of dollars worth of fake good publicity. So there's that.

    WSS

    woodpecker was stupidly right on cue. Obviously, most folks know he donates money. But I clearly said:

    "why doesn't he just give up his millions and send it to all the poor black folks?"

    that means all his millions. give it all up. He can make more later.