Skip to content

Jon Toth to join the Cleveland Browns

The Browns Board
80 15 1.8k 1
  • @nickers said:

    Stefanski comes off too effeminate to me... he is NOT the Alpha male I thought Jimmy was gonna hire...

    I'll take overused cliches' for $500, Alex.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll take overused cliches' for $500, Alex.

    I mean, seriously, what the fuck would nickers know about Alpha males? ?

  • @orion said:

    I like Stefanski.  He does a great job behind the microphone.  He does't say things that piss off a / the player(s)...like Dorsey did to Duke when he answered a question about signing Hunt making Duke expendable by saying, 'Not yet'.  He doesn't sound like a bill-hilly like last year.  He sounds very intelligent.  I like the way he answers questions.  Very professional.  I like that in a HC.

    That being said, it all equals dog shit if he does a lousy job on game day...with in game decisions...with substitutions...with play calling (if he does that).  We've yet to see him manage a game.  -  I hope he's good....'cuz I like him.

    Berry?  Too early to tell.  He was a part of things here when the Browns were at their worst...in the history of the team.  And rumor has it that the Eagles couldn't get him to the airport to head to Cleveland fast enough.  Still though, it's too early to tell how Berry is doing.  IMO

    Stefanski comes off too effeminate to me... he is NOT the Alpha male I thought Jimmy was gonna hire...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    effeminate

    ...hmm....you talk so purrty.  I'm gonna go look that up 'cos I'm not that smaat.  

    I actually prefer the Tom Landry type rather than the Bill Parcells.   

    I'm anxious to see this coaching regime in action.  -  My preference:   Linus Van Pelt running the offense and calling the plays.  -  Tiger Woods doing the same on the D  -  and Stephy (effeminate)  overseeing everything, interjecting on both sides of the ball, communicating with the refs ( communicating, and not badgering ), coaching up players, making good in game decisions regarding TOs and time management, red flag usage,  when to punt, draw plays on 4th and long, 60 something yard FG attempts with Devin Hester waiting in the end zone,  bubble screens on 1st and goal from the 1 in OT.  (not much of a bar set there I guess).

    I have high hopes for this coaching regime.  Which is against my general principles to have confidence in anything Browns related.....since hopes are usually dashed in game one of a regular season.

  • Wow.  I guess our drafted center isn't instilling a whole bunch of confidence in the coaches.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #9

    @orion said:

    Wow.  I guess our drafted center isn't instilling a whole bunch of confidence in the coaches.

    or they might want to see what Nick Harris can do at RG? We already have a smart center named Tretter. Tretter's background? he ain't missing week 1..

    Toth? looks well over matched here.... https://ganggreennation.com/2019/1/30/18196129/scouting-jets-offensive-lineman-jon-toth    let's hope he's a camp body...

  • @orion said:

    Wow.  I guess our drafted center isn't instilling a whole bunch of confidence in the coaches.

    or they might want to see what Nick Harris can do at RG? We already have a smart center named Tretter. Tretter's background? he ain't missing week 1..

    Toth? looks well over matched here.... https://ganggreennation.com/2019/1/30/18196129/scouting-jets-offensive-lineman-jon-toth    let's hope he's a camp body...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @gumby73 said:

    Toth? looks well over matched here

    ...yeah, some of that wasn't too flattering.

  • @nickers said:

    Stefanski comes off too effeminate to me... he is NOT the Alpha male I thought Jimmy was gonna hire...

    I'll take overused cliches' for $500, Alex.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'll take overused cliches' for $500, Alex.

    Who would have been? Eighty year old Mike Ditka?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Toth? looks well over matched here

    ...yeah, some of that wasn't too flattering.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @orion said:

    ...yeah, some of that wasn't too flattering.

    LB Smith Great! and I didn't mind robbing a DE from Miami...but these last 2 moves? ? WR & C?  baffling

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Zombo said:

    Why? Because they are young and smart and rose through the ranks of football?

    Z

    No because they SUCK!

  • Zombo said:

    Why? Because they are young and smart and rose through the ranks of football?

    Z

    No because they SUCK!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nickers said:

    No because they SUCK!

    How do you think you know?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'll take overused cliches' for $500, Alex.

    Who would have been? Eighty year old Mike Ditka?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    Who would have been? Eighty year old Mike Ditka?

    Ken Whisenhunt , Ron Rivera.. Jon Gruden.. And so on...

  • Zombo said:

    Why? Because they are young and smart and rose through the ranks of football?

    Z

    No because they SUCK!

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nickers said:

    No because they SUCK!

    SUCK ? S*ight U*nseen C*an't K*now

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who would have been? Eighty year old Mike Ditka?

    Ken Whisenhunt , Ron Rivera.. Jon Gruden.. And so on...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @nickers said:

    Ken Whisenhunt , Ron Rivera.. Jon Gruden.. And so on...

    What makes you think that Stank could not kick their asses?

  • @nickers said:

    Ken Whisenhunt , Ron Rivera.. Jon Gruden.. And so on...

    What makes you think that Stank could not kick their asses?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    What makes you think that Stank could not kick their asses?

    They have experience... Stank was kubiaks coffee fetcher...

  • @the-gipper said:

    What makes you think that Stank could not kick their asses?

    They have experience... Stank was kubiaks coffee fetcher...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @nickers said:

    They have experience... Stank was kubiaks coffee fetcher...

    Oh shit, what's up Ghoolie?  

    How's that Lipitor treating you? 

  • @nickers said:

    They have experience... Stank was kubiaks coffee fetcher...

    Oh shit, what's up Ghoolie?  

    How's that Lipitor treating you? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tiamat63 said:

    Oh shit, what's up Ghoolie?  

    How's that Lipitor treating you? 

    If Ghoolie was McMurphy from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', nickers would be McMurphy post-lobotomy. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I'll take overused cliches' for $500, Alex.

    I mean, seriously, what the fuck would nickers know about Alpha males? ?

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by WarriorsRpussies
    #21

    @dutch-oven said:

    I mean, seriously, what the fuck would nickers know about Alpha males? ?

    You know his probably some BBC loving, Beta, Cuck with all the belligerent nonsense he posts. I guess and quoting Adam the Bull from 92.3 The fan "Kevin is a good looking man" so his not qualified to be a Head Coach in nickers empty mind. Guess you have to have that "not caught yet"; serial killer vibe Bill Belichick has going on, to be NFL material.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What makes you think that Stank could not kick their asses?

    They have experience... Stank was kubiaks coffee fetcher...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nickers said:

    They have experience... Stank was kubiaks coffee fetcher...

    They didn’t have experience when they got their first job 

  • @orion said:

    Wow.  I guess our drafted center isn't instilling a whole bunch of confidence in the coaches.

    or they might want to see what Nick Harris can do at RG? We already have a smart center named Tretter. Tretter's background? he ain't missing week 1..

    Toth? looks well over matched here.... https://ganggreennation.com/2019/1/30/18196129/scouting-jets-offensive-lineman-jon-toth    let's hope he's a camp body...

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @gumby73 said:

    or they might want to see what Nick Harris can do at RG? We already have a smart center named Tretter. Tretter's background? he ain't missing week 1..

    I don’t think Tretter knows how to play without an ankle sprain. Probably looks forward to that day as his personal official start of the season.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I can't wait to see how Jed Wills matches up against MG when MG returns to practice... It should be telling...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Oh shit, what's up Ghoolie?  

    How's that Lipitor treating you? 

    If Ghoolie was McMurphy from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', nickers would be McMurphy post-lobotomy. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    If Ghoolie was McMurphy from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', nickers would be McMurphy post-lobotomy. 

    And you'd be McMurphy's turd he pushed out into the bedpan. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If Ghoolie was McMurphy from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', nickers would be McMurphy post-lobotomy. 

    And you'd be McMurphy's turd he pushed out into the bedpan. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @icecube said:

    And you'd be McMurphy's turd he pushed out into the bedpan. 

    You get real testy when anyone talks ill of your boyfriend nickers, don't you? ?