Skip to content

Browns Proposed Plan For Fan Attendance

The Browns Board
26 11 1.0k
  • A little off topic, but I absolutely hate the mobile tickets. 

    If you have an  i phone, no problem. Put your tickets in the I phone's "mobile wallet."  If not, good luck uploading it at the gate.

    Maybe they fixed it, I do know it was a huge complaint of many. I know it was an NFL policy, not just the Browns.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @bob806 said:

    A little off topic, but I absolutely hate the mobile tickets. 

    If you have an  i phone, no problem. Put your tickets in the I phone's "mobile wallet."  If not, good luck uploading it at the gate.

    Maybe they fixed it, I do know it was a huge complaint of many. I know it was an NFL policy, not just the Browns.

    Perfectly on topic.   Doing the e-tickets is part of the way they can control the crowd size. 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I don't use a wallet.  I never had trouble pulling up my tickets.

  • @bob806 said:

    A little off topic, but I absolutely hate the mobile tickets. 

    If you have an  i phone, no problem. Put your tickets in the I phone's "mobile wallet."  If not, good luck uploading it at the gate.

    Maybe they fixed it, I do know it was a huge complaint of many. I know it was an NFL policy, not just the Browns.

    Perfectly on topic.   Doing the e-tickets is part of the way they can control the crowd size. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    Perfectly on topic.   Doing the e-tickets is part of the way they can control the crowd size. 

    And I guess I'm an old boomer geezer who used to collect ticket stubs.

    I have some good ones from the NFL and MLB in the Ol' Muni stadium like the old Steelers/BROWNS and Yankee$/INDIANS Opening Day with 75,000 way back when.

    I collected game programs and US postage stamps and coins too......way back when.  And get off my lawn dammit !   😮

  • I don't use a wallet.  I never had trouble pulling up my tickets.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #12

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't use a wallet.  I never had trouble pulling up my tickets.

    Thatta boy Thurston Howell! 

  • @the-gipper said:

    What hidden agendas?

    Seriously, stop feeding this troll. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #13

    @dutch-oven said:

    Seriously, stop feeding this troll. 

    Troll is a kind word for this. More accurate would be "shitposter."

  • I don't use a wallet.  I never had trouble pulling up my tickets.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't use a wallet.  I never had trouble pulling up my tickets.

    I did last year with the Indians (I bought one of those six pack ticket plans) because at the time my IPhone was an older model. 

    Personally, I'd rather just have a ticket. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Perfectly on topic.   Doing the e-tickets is part of the way they can control the crowd size. 

    And I guess I'm an old boomer geezer who used to collect ticket stubs.

    I have some good ones from the NFL and MLB in the Ol' Muni stadium like the old Steelers/BROWNS and Yankee$/INDIANS Opening Day with 75,000 way back when.

    I collected game programs and US postage stamps and coins too......way back when.  And get off my lawn dammit !   😮

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mjp28 said:

    And I guess I'm an old boomer geezer who used to collect ticket stubs.

    I have some good ones from the NFL and MLB in the Ol' Muni stadium like the old Steelers/BROWNS and Yankee$/INDIANS Opening Day with 75,000 way back when.

    I collected game programs and US postage stamps and coins to......way back when.  And get off my lawn dammit !   😮

    Are they still issuing/selling game day programs? 

  • @mjp28 said:

    And I guess I'm an old boomer geezer who used to collect ticket stubs.

    I have some good ones from the NFL and MLB in the Ol' Muni stadium like the old Steelers/BROWNS and Yankee$/INDIANS Opening Day with 75,000 way back when.

    I collected game programs and US postage stamps and coins to......way back when.  And get off my lawn dammit !   😮

    Are they still issuing/selling game day programs? 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    Are they still issuing/selling game day programs? 

    The Indians still sell programs

  • @mjp28 said:

    And I guess I'm an old boomer geezer who used to collect ticket stubs.

    I have some good ones from the NFL and MLB in the Ol' Muni stadium like the old Steelers/BROWNS and Yankee$/INDIANS Opening Day with 75,000 way back when.

    I collected game programs and US postage stamps and coins to......way back when.  And get off my lawn dammit !   😮

    Are they still issuing/selling game day programs? 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    Are they still issuing/selling game day programs? 

    The way they're dropping like flies in Cleveland - these programs are going to be outdated on Sundays. 

    One day we sign Weaver.  2 days later he's on IR so we can sign a 6'3" WR.

    Does anyone know if the NFL is going to allow teams to keep a bigger roster size and cap (understanding there's a pandemic that will be impacting this league once teams have to travel out of state)?   

    The pro sports doing their post seasons in a bubble are working well mainly because they don't have to travel.  Hard to do that for a regular season in sports that have to field at least 11 different starters on both side of the ball plus STs in a league of 32 teams.  Nothing worse than hearing a football coach during endless wind sprints reminding you "IF YOU FAIL TO PREPARE - YOU SHOULD PREPARE TO FAIL" punctuated with "NOT ON MY WATCH!"  As much as we hated hearing that at the time - it had a way of making game days a positive experience. 

    When you have a plan - the shit doesn't hit the fan/fans! 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #18

    Now the Governor  has issued new orders re first two Browns and Bangles home games:

    Only   6000 fans are to be allowed in the stands for each.  (the above original plan set forth by the Browns allowed for 25% capacity).   Capacity for each stadium is  about  72K

    https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200905/governor-allows-6000-fans-at-brownsrsquo-first-two-home-games

    My Bad,  in checking  Browns Stadium capacity:   67,895.    Bengals  65, 515.

    They must have reduced the capacity  for Browns after the renovation, I thought it was about 72K.   Same for Bengals. 

    Seems to me that the only seating will be in the loges and the Club seats.    Fair to say? 

  • Here is a link to the Browns plan for Fan attendance at games:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-proposed-plan-for-fans-at-firstenergy-stadium-tickets-in-pods-stadium-in-quadrants-masks-and-no-tailgating.html

    Basic highlight:  Seating in "Pods".   i.e.   in groups of no more than  10 people.  Each "pod"  socially distanced.  Also seating in 4 Quadrants.  

    Health screening.    Tickets indicated that you can only enter and exit via a specific gate.   (Whiner alert!).

    No cash purchases of concessions  (not sure why handling cash is any more of a risk than handling a credit card).

    All tickets are "mobile"  supposedly for  convenience and health.....but really to disallow scalping.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is a link to the Browns plan for Fan attendance at games:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-proposed-plan-for-fans-at-firstenergy-stadium-tickets-in-pods-stadium-in-quadrants-masks-and-no-tailgating.html

    Basic highlight:  Seating in "Pods".   i.e.   in groups of no more than  10 people.  Each "pod"  socially distanced.  Also seating in 4 Quadrants.  

    Health screening.    Tickets indicated that you can only enter and exit via a specific gate.   (Whiner alert!).

    No cash purchases of concessions  (not sure why handling cash is any more of a risk than handling a credit card).

    All tickets are "mobile"  supposedly for  convenience and health.....but really to disallow scalping.  

    Hi Gipper. BTW, I'm back, now that football is actually back. Spent a long hiatus over on MAGA central, AKA the Political forum.  It looks like Z deleted the "Tailgating Banned in city lots" thread before I could get my 0.02 in..... Yeah- it was getting political and OT.  For those bitching it's an infringement on their right to do whatever in a pandemic, I have a suggestion for them... 😁   

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here is a link to the Browns plan for Fan attendance at games:

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/08/browns-proposed-plan-for-fans-at-firstenergy-stadium-tickets-in-pods-stadium-in-quadrants-masks-and-no-tailgating.html

    Basic highlight:  Seating in "Pods".   i.e.   in groups of no more than  10 people.  Each "pod"  socially distanced.  Also seating in 4 Quadrants.  

    Health screening.    Tickets indicated that you can only enter and exit via a specific gate.   (Whiner alert!).

    No cash purchases of concessions  (not sure why handling cash is any more of a risk than handling a credit card).

    All tickets are "mobile"  supposedly for  convenience and health.....but really to disallow scalping.  

    Hi Gipper. BTW, I'm back, now that football is actually back. Spent a long hiatus over on MAGA central, AKA the Political forum.  It looks like Z deleted the "Tailgating Banned in city lots" thread before I could get my 0.02 in..... Yeah- it was getting political and OT.  For those bitching it's an infringement on their right to do whatever in a pandemic, I have a suggestion for them... 😁   

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by WarriorsRpussies
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    Hi Gipper. BTW, I'm back, now that football is actually back. Spent a long hiatus over on MAGA central, AKA the Political forum.  It looks like Z deleted the "Tailgating Banned in city lots" thread before I could get my 0.02 in..... Yeah- it was getting political and OT.  For those bitching it's an infringement on their right to do whatever in a pandemic, I have a suggestion for them... 😁   

    Lol for some reason after watching that video all I could think are the ignorant cronies over there taking shots of different kind of cleaning solvents, in shit-stained briefs, while jerking off to the thought of Mexican infants in cages. Funny thing went to the local grocery store yesterday and there was a group of these morons, all mask-less shopping together, without a care in world. I did my best to avoid these dickheads and potentially exposure to Covid,  but they seemed be causing a disturbance up front when I was ready to cash-out. Both cashiers had refused service for safety reasons, so these assholes asked for the manager and she explained the self check-out option and politely said they were welcome to leave and pointed to the exit. Of course these idiots had trouble even scanning their items correctly and simply left out of frustration.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What hidden agendas?

    Seriously, stop feeding this troll. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @dutch-oven said:

    Seriously, stop feeding this troll. 

    Go act like an Internet tough guy some more. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Seriously, stop feeding this troll. 

    Go act like an Internet tough guy some more. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #22

    @icecube said:

    Go act like an Internet tough guy some more. 

    Oh look, Icechicken is desperate for attention, so he quotes a week and a half old post of mine. 

    Jesus, you are one pathetic little boy. 

  • @icecube said:

    Go act like an Internet tough guy some more. 

    Oh look, Icechicken is desperate for attention, so he quotes a week and a half old post of mine. 

    Jesus, you are one pathetic little boy. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh look, Icechicken is desperate for attention. 

    Now play nice guys- the sheriff is back in town.... oh, when I gave them notice I was heading back to the Browns Forum- I warned the guys over there - you call me a f**cking idiot here, I'll kick you off for a week...  Steve might tolerate damn near anything- I won't. And swearing at a Board Moderator is usually (and should be) a quick trip to a kiddie timeout...  🙂  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Oh look, Icechicken is desperate for attention. 

    Now play nice guys- the sheriff is back in town.... oh, when I gave them notice I was heading back to the Browns Forum- I warned the guys over there - you call me a f**cking idiot here, I'll kick you off for a week...  Steve might tolerate damn near anything- I won't. And swearing at a Board Moderator is usually (and should be) a quick trip to a kiddie timeout...  🙂  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #24

    @hoorta said:

    Now play nice guys- the sheriff is back in town.... oh, when I gave them notice I was heading back to the Browns Forum- I warned the guys over there - you call me a f**cking idiot here, I'll kick you off for a week...  Steve might tolerate damn near anything- I won't. And swearing at a Board Moderator is usually (and should be) a quick trip to a kiddie timeout...  🙂  

    Oh trust me hoorta I get it... I guess I bruised Icechicken's fragile ego months ago and he's been stewing over it since, resulting in him lashing out at me since then. I suggested that he meet me in person so the board could be spared pages of back-and-forth between us, but he apparently wanted nothing to do with that. He's what you'd call an "Internet Tough Guy" - someone who hides behind a keyboard but would never have the stones to say anything to someone in person. It was unfortunate that a thread about Jon Toth had to be ruined by his sad attempts to save face. Well, welcome back. ?

  • @hoorta said:

    Now play nice guys- the sheriff is back in town.... oh, when I gave them notice I was heading back to the Browns Forum- I warned the guys over there - you call me a f**cking idiot here, I'll kick you off for a week...  Steve might tolerate damn near anything- I won't. And swearing at a Board Moderator is usually (and should be) a quick trip to a kiddie timeout...  🙂  

    Oh trust me hoorta I get it... I guess I bruised Icechicken's fragile ego months ago and he's been stewing over it since, resulting in him lashing out at me since then. I suggested that he meet me in person so the board could be spared pages of back-and-forth between us, but he apparently wanted nothing to do with that. He's what you'd call an "Internet Tough Guy" - someone who hides behind a keyboard but would never have the stones to say anything to someone in person. It was unfortunate that a thread about Jon Toth had to be ruined by his sad attempts to save face. Well, welcome back. ?

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh trust me hoorta I get it... I guess I bruised Icechicken's fragile ego months ago and he's been stewing over it since, resulting in him lashing out at me since then. I suggested that he meet me in person so the board could be spared pages of back-and-forth between us, but he apparently wanted nothing to do with that. He's what you'd call an "Internet Tough Guy" - someone who hides behind a keyboard but would never have the stones to say anything to someone in person. It was unfortunate that a thread about Jon Toth had to be ruined by his sad attempts to save face. Well, welcome back. ?

    You better watch your back man... Just saying

    tactical-keyboard-for-all-our-keyboard-w

  • @icecube said:

    Go act like an Internet tough guy some more. 

    Oh look, Icechicken is desperate for attention, so he quotes a week and a half old post of mine. 

    Jesus, you are one pathetic little boy. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh look, Icechicken is desperate for attention, so he quotes a week and a half old post of mine. 

    Jesus, you are one pathetic little boy. 

    You're adorbs. ?