Ravens Week
-
This ain't no piece of cake.
I've re-watched both games from last season.. The simple game notes should say...
Enjoy Game 1... but erase it... because Harbaugh already adjusted his defense in game 2.. Than hard-balls, just cut 7 starters out of 11 of his defensive players that started in game 1 ..
Adding bookends Calais Campbell & Derek Wolfe just add's more shine'y new toys to deal with...Rookie's DT Madubuike will be out..But we may get to see some Patrick Queen & Malik Harrison..
Ravens veteran coaching staff may have it's advanages. but their new defensive chest pieces, have played together just as long as the browns on defense.. the in the trenches warfare,? needs it's own camera set-up for quarter one..
I've re-watched both games from last season.. The simple game notes should say...
Enjoy Game 1... but erase it... because Harbaugh already adjusted his defense in game 2.. Than hard-balls, just cut 7 starters out of 11 of his defensive players that started in game 1 ..
Adding bookends Calais Campbell & Derek Wolfe just add's more shine'y new toys to deal with...Rookie's DT Madubuike will be out..But we may get to see some Patrick Queen & Malik Harrison..
Ravens veteran coaching staff may have it's advanages. but their new defensive chest pieces, have played together just as long as the browns on defense.. the in the trenches warfare,? needs it's own camera set-up for quarter one..
One big difference is Balt. has a proven track record and tradition of developing nasty Ds, Browns have not done that yet. It seems more likely that Ravens integrate their younger defenders quicker than Cleveland will, and perhaps more successfully. I don't see the glaring holes on the Ravens D like the Browns. Do they have any unit as thin as the Browns' LBs? You don't want to defend the Ravens' rushing game thin at LB; you will see Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards all damn day. Yea, and throw in some Jackson runs as well.
-
Key player for the Ravens is Ingram vs the depleted LB Corps. I'm kind of worried about that even more than Jackson, because that is how they can play keep-away and move the chains all they way down the field.
-
I never thought he'd seriously be in jeopardy of missing the opener, but it's great to know that Nick Harris can get the job done (to some extent) if we need him. Tretter is a beast and I respect the heck out of him.
Speaking of OL, I'm a little terrified to think of of our shiny new rookie LT in his first contest against the Ravens. Godspeed, brotha!
Is he lining up against Campbell? That dude is a flat out beast. God help us all.
-
Key player for the Ravens is Ingram vs the depleted LB Corps. I'm kind of worried about that even more than Jackson, because that is how they can play keep-away and move the chains all they way down the field.
Key player for the Ravens is Ingram vs the depleted LB Corps. I'm kind of worried about that even more than Jackson, because that is how they can play keep-away and move the chains all they way down the field.
Did you hear we got Malcolm Smith.
-
I've re-watched both games from last season.. The simple game notes should say...
Enjoy Game 1... but erase it... because Harbaugh already adjusted his defense in game 2.. Than hard-balls, just cut 7 starters out of 11 of his defensive players that started in game 1 ..
Adding bookends Calais Campbell & Derek Wolfe just add's more shine'y new toys to deal with...Rookie's DT Madubuike will be out..But we may get to see some Patrick Queen & Malik Harrison..
Ravens veteran coaching staff may have it's advanages. but their new defensive chest pieces, have played together just as long as the browns on defense.. the in the trenches warfare,? needs it's own camera set-up for quarter one..
One big difference is Balt. has a proven track record and tradition of developing nasty Ds, Browns have not done that yet. It seems more likely that Ravens integrate their younger defenders quicker than Cleveland will, and perhaps more successfully. I don't see the glaring holes on the Ravens D like the Browns. Do they have any unit as thin as the Browns' LBs? You don't want to defend the Ravens' rushing game thin at LB; you will see Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards all damn day. Yea, and throw in some Jackson runs as well.
One big difference is Balt. has a proven track record and tradition of developing nasty Ds, Browns have not done that yet. It seems more likely that Ravens integrate their younger defenders quicker than Cleveland will, and perhaps more successfully. I don't see the glaring holes on the Ravens D like the Browns. Do they have any unit as thin as the Browns' LBs? You don't want to defend the Ravens' rushing game thin at LB; you will see Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards all damn day. Yea, and throw in some Jackson runs as well.
I see some opportunities for the Browns
Safeties Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliot
LBs Are okay some are unproven. Let’s challenge the rookie Patrick Queen.
-
Key player for the Ravens is Ingram vs the depleted LB Corps. I'm kind of worried about that even more than Jackson, because that is how they can play keep-away and move the chains all they way down the field.
Key player for the Ravens is Ingram vs the depleted LB Corps. I'm kind of worried about that even more than Jackson, because that is how they can play keep-away and move the chains all they way down the field.
Yeah, I know. They seem to gash for 9 yards a carry and then hit the wide open TE for 20. They're filthy and us having linebackers that even I don't know does not bode well. But hey, still got to play the game, right?
-
Key player for the Ravens is Ingram vs the depleted LB Corps. I'm kind of worried about that even more than Jackson, because that is how they can play keep-away and move the chains all they way down the field.
Did you hear we got Malcolm Smith.
Did you hear we got Malcolm Smith.
Underwhelming.
-
One big difference is Balt. has a proven track record and tradition of developing nasty Ds, Browns have not done that yet. It seems more likely that Ravens integrate their younger defenders quicker than Cleveland will, and perhaps more successfully. I don't see the glaring holes on the Ravens D like the Browns. Do they have any unit as thin as the Browns' LBs? You don't want to defend the Ravens' rushing game thin at LB; you will see Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards all damn day. Yea, and throw in some Jackson runs as well.
I see some opportunities for the Browns
Safeties Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliot
LBs Are okay some are unproven. Let’s challenge the rookie Patrick Queen.
I see some opportunities for the Browns
Safeties Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliot
LBs Are okay some are unproven. Let’s challenge the rookie Patrick Queen.
Queen is a full-blown green rookie with not even preseason under his belt. He's gonna make mistakes. Fort is weak, we should know. Browns got some opportunities in the middle, but bottom line, Baker has to be accurate to win this one.
-
I see some opportunities for the Browns
Safeties Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliot
LBs Are okay some are unproven. Let’s challenge the rookie Patrick Queen.
Queen is a full-blown green rookie with not even preseason under his belt. He's gonna make mistakes. Fort is weak, we should know. Browns got some opportunities in the middle, but bottom line, Baker has to be accurate to win this one.
Queen is a full-blown green rookie with not even preseason under his belt. He's gonna make mistakes. Fort is weak, we should know. Browns got some opportunities in the middle, but bottom line, Baker has to be accurate to win this one.
I actually forgot what I was going to write because I'm listening to a talk show featuring Jalen Rose and he said that Cam Newton will be the Browns starting QB next year. Now that I'm done laughing, I'll try to respond to the thread. ?
The Ravens have VERY few weak spots on defense, but if there WAS one, it would where you said, in the middle. They likely have the best CB tandem (or trio) in the league, and their DL is seemingly always good. The middle being a weakness is especially important because our offense now features Austin Hooper. Baker loves the middle of the field and wasn't able to utilize it due to poor playcalling and a lack of available TEs.
Well, it be different now. We got a badass TE in Hooper who apparently dominated in camp and literally caught everything. Njoku is finally healthy and capable of making big plays, but he's likely going to be behind the biggest surprise in camp, Harrison Bryant. I actually find it hard to believe that a rookie TE will actually make an immediate impact, but literally everybody associated with the Browns has gone on and on about Bryant. The middle of the field MUST be taken advantage of and it has to be a regular theme as the game goes on.
It's not just the TEs that need to have a big day, the RBs also need to exploit the middle, especially Kareem Hunt. He's going to be featured more heavily than people think, and his recent extension is proof of this. Hunt catching a short pass is a nightmare for defenses and typically these are very safe passes for our young QB.
-
I can't wait to watch our dual running back threat.
-
Ravens appear to be happy with what they have seen from their new safety tandem from early season camp and quotes and reports. I guess we will find out today.
let’s go glass half full again. Not an easy matchup for them covering our TEs, Hunt and Chubb potentially in space, Jarvis working over the middle, OBJ deep. As much we are worrying about the Rats exploiting us...look no further than this matchup LBs and Safeties vs Browns weapons.
i don’t know what is going on but I’m feeling good this morning. The Browns are going to win this game.
-
Some good news...
Rapsheet, dropping browns news off at 4 in the morning..?... Good* Morning!! LETS GO !! -
Queen is a full-blown green rookie with not even preseason under his belt. He's gonna make mistakes. Fort is weak, we should know. Browns got some opportunities in the middle, but bottom line, Baker has to be accurate to win this one.
I actually forgot what I was going to write because I'm listening to a talk show featuring Jalen Rose and he said that Cam Newton will be the Browns starting QB next year. Now that I'm done laughing, I'll try to respond to the thread. ?
The Ravens have VERY few weak spots on defense, but if there WAS one, it would where you said, in the middle. They likely have the best CB tandem (or trio) in the league, and their DL is seemingly always good. The middle being a weakness is especially important because our offense now features Austin Hooper. Baker loves the middle of the field and wasn't able to utilize it due to poor playcalling and a lack of available TEs.
Well, it be different now. We got a badass TE in Hooper who apparently dominated in camp and literally caught everything. Njoku is finally healthy and capable of making big plays, but he's likely going to be behind the biggest surprise in camp, Harrison Bryant. I actually find it hard to believe that a rookie TE will actually make an immediate impact, but literally everybody associated with the Browns has gone on and on about Bryant. The middle of the field MUST be taken advantage of and it has to be a regular theme as the game goes on.
It's not just the TEs that need to have a big day, the RBs also need to exploit the middle, especially Kareem Hunt. He's going to be featured more heavily than people think, and his recent extension is proof of this. Hunt catching a short pass is a nightmare for defenses and typically these are very safe passes for our young QB.
I actually forgot what I was going to write because I'm listening to a talk show featuring Jalen Rose and he said that Cam Newton will be the Browns starting QB next year. Now that I'm done laughing, I'll try to respond to the thread. ?
Good, good. Laugh now. It will make the crying easier when we revisit this post this time next year in disbelief ?
-
Ravens appear to be happy with what they have seen from their new safety tandem from early season camp and quotes and reports. I guess we will find out today.
let’s go glass half full again. Not an easy matchup for them covering our TEs, Hunt and Chubb potentially in space, Jarvis working over the middle, OBJ deep. As much we are worrying about the Rats exploiting us...look no further than this matchup LBs and Safeties vs Browns weapons.
i don’t know what is going on but I’m feeling good this morning. The Browns are going to win this game.
Ravens appear to be happy with what they have seen from their new safety tandem from early season camp and quotes and reports. I guess we will find out today.
let’s go glass half full again. Not an easy matchup for them covering our TEs, Hunt and Chubb potentially in space, Jarvis working over the middle, OBJ deep. As much we are worrying about the Rats exploiting us...look no further than this matchup LBs and Safeties vs Browns weapons.
i don’t know what is going on but I’m feeling good this morning. The Browns are going to win this game.
Hope springs eternal.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
