DA's improvement on short passes
-
They said that he improved on his short passes, and is throwing the ball with more "touch", and less torque. Perhaps he is truly progressing. They say a quarterback hits his prime at 26-27ish. Maybe the light is turning on for Anderson.
-
Not to be a total downer, but I will believe it when I see him against a live rush and consistently performing on those throws.
-
Masters said:
Who is they? I have seen nothing but mixed reviews on this.The CBS Rapid Reports updates and the dawgpound twitter reports.
-
Masters said:
Who is they? I have seen nothing but mixed reviews on this.The CBS Rapid Reports updates and the dawgpound twitter reports.
The CBS Rapid Reports updates and the dawgpound twitter reports.
The twitter report from Rapid reports I saw said "Browns QB Derek Anderson has struggled in the past throwing short passes accurately, but has performed better in that aspect of the game." I can't get on board quite yet with calling that an improvement, since he really couldn't get much worse at it. Then the other article said of DA "but he still misses on many short passes because he is just gunning the ball too hard to the receivers"
So that's some conflicting reports right there. Both are in the twitter report thread.
-
Let's hope that is true.. because if he masters the short stuff and the touch pass... he could be a real force. I do believe players can improve through good coaching and practice.. anyone disagree that guys can't improve? I also believe Quinn can learn and practice to push the ball upfield more.. So.. we may end up with two good qb's.. TIME WILL TELL... I want to see it in preseason when the real bullets are flying..even with generic defenses... you can tell if a qb can throw a touch pass or if a guy can push the ball upfield... This is going to be interesting to see who wins this battle
-
The CBS Rapid Reports updates and the dawgpound twitter reports.
The twitter report from Rapid reports I saw said "Browns QB Derek Anderson has struggled in the past throwing short passes accurately, but has performed better in that aspect of the game." I can't get on board quite yet with calling that an improvement, since he really couldn't get much worse at it. Then the other article said of DA "but he still misses on many short passes because he is just gunning the ball too hard to the receivers"
So that's some conflicting reports right there. Both are in the twitter report thread.
Masters said:
"Browns QB Derek Anderson has struggled in the past throwing short passes accurately, but has performed better in that aspect of the game."
Actually, that sentence is the very definition of what the word "improvement" means. Whether it translates to better game performance remains to be seen...obviously. But that report speaks of nothing but improvement -- which is all we fans can ask for of Anderson at the moment.
-
Sorry, but that isn't the "definition" of improvement. We heard the same thing last year.
It is all camp mumbling.
-
Another report I read today (last paragraph) said:
"On the other hand, Anderson showed good signs of reading the defense today, but he still misses on many short passes because he is just gunning the ball too hard to the receivers."
Same ole story, to me.
-
Another report I read today (last paragraph) said:
"On the other hand, Anderson showed good signs of reading the defense today, but he still misses on many short passes because he is just gunning the ball too hard to the receivers."
Same ole story, to me.
Another report I read today (last paragraph) said:
"On the other hand, Anderson showed good signs of reading the defense today, but he still misses on many short passes because he is just gunning the ball too hard to the receivers."
Same ole story, to me.
At least, he improved on reading the defense. I am alright with that.
-
Sorry, but that isn't the "definition" of improvement. We heard the same thing last year.
It is all camp mumbling.
Sorry, but that isn't the "definition" of improvement. We heard the same thing last year.
It is all camp mumbling.
Hey, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the report...just saying IF the report is TRUE, that IS what improvement is.
-
Sorry, but that isn't the "definition" of improvement. We heard the same thing last year.
It is all camp mumbling.
Hey, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the report...just saying IF the report is TRUE, that IS what improvement is.
Hey, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the report...just saying IF the report is TRUE, that IS what improvement is.
Again man, what don't you get? Camp mumble is camp mumble. We need to see it in games, if we never do, then there was never any improvement.
The coaches probably have a better idea than us, but they aren't talking. I would suggest taking stuff like Anderson improved/not improved short game and throwing it out the door.
-
Hey, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the report...just saying IF the report is TRUE, that IS what improvement is.
Again man, what don't you get? Camp mumble is camp mumble. We need to see it in games, if we never do, then there was never any improvement.
The coaches probably have a better idea than us, but they aren't talking. I would suggest taking stuff like Anderson improved/not improved short game and throwing it out the door.
Again man, what don't you get? Camp mumble is camp mumble. We need to see it in games, if we never do, then there was never any improvement.
The coaches probably have a better idea than us, but they aren't talking. I would suggest taking stuff like Anderson improved/not improved short game and throwing it out the door.
I , oh I think I "get it." Man.
Well, we can't very well see it in games right now, now can we? So, if "camp mumble is camp mumble," why are you even responding to it? Just to be negative about our QB?
I swear, I've refrained from the NUMEROUS QB debates, but I just have to laugh at (yet another) vaguely disguised QB slam.
Let it play out, man. We should ALL be hoping for improvement from our players - especially our QB - rather than being so negative about any positive reports we hear from camp. Geesh...
-
^and then doing the same for all quinns reports.....whats the xxxxing point of camp then?
Get ready for the season. Literally, nothing else. Even for this so called "QB" competition, the first week of camp is pretty useless. The scrimmage as Mangini has said himself, it the first time points will be counted. Then more scrimmages and then preseason games.
I never have gotten the fascination with camp, especially the early parts.
-
I have no doubt DA is improving on reading defenses and the short passing game its all covered by effective coaching and player desire something DA nor BQ have had their entire pro careers in cleveland due to mismanagement given time and good disciplinary coaching to correct bad habits that should have already been addressed years ago i think they will both be alright...

I also believe they both want to start but both are more then willing to play second fiddle for this club if they dont start...
-
I have no doubt DA is improving on reading defenses and the short passing game its all covered by effective coaching and player desire something DA nor BQ have had their entire pro careers in cleveland due to mismanagement given time and good disciplinary coaching to correct bad habits that should have already been addressed years ago i think they will both be alright...

I also believe they both want to start but both are more then willing to play second fiddle for this club if they dont start...
I have no doubt DA is improving on reading defenses and the short passing game its all covered by effective coaching and player desire something DA nor BQ have had their entire pro careers in cleveland due to mismanagement given time and good disciplinary coaching to correct bad habits that should have already been addressed years ago i think they will both be alright...
I also believe they both want to start but both are more then willing to play second fiddle for this club if they dont start...
DA can be saved by good coaching. He can be an elite QB, under the proper coaching.
-
I have no doubt DA is improving on reading defenses and the short passing game its all covered by effective coaching and player desire something DA nor BQ have had their entire pro careers in cleveland due to mismanagement given time and good disciplinary coaching to correct bad habits that should have already been addressed years ago i think they will both be alright...
I also believe they both want to start but both are more then willing to play second fiddle for this club if they dont start...
DA can be saved by good coaching. He can be an elite QB, under the proper coaching.
DA can be saved by good coaching. He can be an elite QB, under the proper coaching.
No amount of coaching can improve decision making.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login