Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Freddie's Dog House - Higgins, Njoku

Freddie's Dog House - Higgins, Njoku

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
11 Posts 6 Posters 465 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Rashard Higgins and David Njoku were two guys that some of us felt would have very productive seasons last year with OBJ and Landry eating up a lot of defensive attention.  

    Well, right off the bat Njoku got hurt on an awkward reception/fumble/interception type of thing...and Higgins hurt his knee.   

    From there, the two of 'em healed up in Freddie's Dog House and neither was able to escape that dwelling.  Freddie stubbornly kept them off the field.

    After the season both of them tried to escape Cleveland.  And who could really blame them?   I know that some of us were a little bummed because we wanted to see what the new regime could do with them if given a chance.  Would they make productive players of them?  Was Freddie right or wrong?   But alas, they wanted out.  

    Well, we got lucky.  Berry and Stef were able to keep them in the fold.  They made the two players feel as though there was a place for them here if they could prove they belonged  (and/or nobody wanted them) 🙂    And so...the two of 'em have made the roster...and I, for one, and dying to see if this Regime can make these guys shine.

    Njoku is an athletic guy and a nice big body leaper down near the goal line.  And Higgins is a smoothe running WR that catches the ball when you throw it to him.

    Bottom line, these two are once again, two players that could be quite productive this season because of OBJ, Landry and now Hooper requiring defensive attention...as well as Chubb and Hunt.

    A different research group is conducting the experiment.  Let's see if they come up with the same results......or not.  

    BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
    1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
      #2

      "Fuckin' A, Bubba"

      Name the movie.

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      Dutch OvenD T 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Tour2maT Tour2ma

        "Fuckin' A, Bubba"

        Name the movie.

        Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 15k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @tour2ma said:

        "Fuckin' A, Bubba"

        Name the movie.

        Schindler's List.

        What do I win? 

        OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

          @tour2ma said:

          "Fuckin' A, Bubba"

          Name the movie.

          Schindler's List.

          What do I win? 

          Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @dutch-oven said:

          What do I win? 

          Well, I just sat down with a bag of barbecue chips so it ain't gonna be that...

          Who was the other guy in Freddie's Doghouse?  I forget.  It was a DB...and he's not here anymore, right?

          BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • OrionO Orion

            @dutch-oven said:

            What do I win? 

            Well, I just sat down with a bag of barbecue chips so it ain't gonna be that...

            Who was the other guy in Freddie's Doghouse?  I forget.  It was a DB...and he's not here anymore, right?

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @orion said:

            Well, I just sat down with a bag of barbecue chips so it ain't gonna be that...

            Who was the other guy in Freddie's Doghouse?  I forget.  It was a DB...and he's not here anymore, right?

            Randall?

            OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

              "Fuckin' A, Bubba"

              Name the movie.

              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 23k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @tour2ma said:

              "Fuckin' A, Bubba"

              Name the movie.

              Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The GipperT The Gipper

                @orion said:

                Well, I just sat down with a bag of barbecue chips so it ain't gonna be that...

                Who was the other guy in Freddie's Doghouse?  I forget.  It was a DB...and he's not here anymore, right?

                Randall?

                Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @the-gipper said:

                Randall?

                Yeah, him....I think...the Packer that Dorsey brought in.  They said he didn't want to practice because it was cold or rainy or something.

                I think that some players eventually came to the conclusion that Freddie wasn't a good coach.  As I recall there were a couple of player explosions at him on the sidelines during the season.  Obviously there was a player asking the opponent's sidelines to 'Come get me'.  Of course that was OBJ....so....it could be that he thought the hookers were better in their city.

                I had originally liked Freddie for his down to earth style...but he turned out to be a billhilly.

                Now, I like Stef because he's the opposite of a billhilly.  He 'sounds' educated.  As an owner I wouldn't be afraid of what my HC is going to say when a microphone is put in front of him.  I hope he's a good HC.  And I hope Higgins & Njoku will be examples of it.

                BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • T TexasAg1969

                  @tour2ma said:

                  "Fuckin' A, Bubba"

                  Name the movie.

                  Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @texasag1969 said:

                  Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

                  I never saw it. 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • OrionO Orion

                    @the-gipper said:

                    Randall?

                    Yeah, him....I think...the Packer that Dorsey brought in.  They said he didn't want to practice because it was cold or rainy or something.

                    I think that some players eventually came to the conclusion that Freddie wasn't a good coach.  As I recall there were a couple of player explosions at him on the sidelines during the season.  Obviously there was a player asking the opponent's sidelines to 'Come get me'.  Of course that was OBJ....so....it could be that he thought the hookers were better in their city.

                    I had originally liked Freddie for his down to earth style...but he turned out to be a billhilly.

                    Now, I like Stef because he's the opposite of a billhilly.  He 'sounds' educated.  As an owner I wouldn't be afraid of what my HC is going to say when a microphone is put in front of him.  I hope he's a good HC.  And I hope Higgins & Njoku will be examples of it.

                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @orion said:

                    Yeah, him....I think...the Packer that Dorsey brought in.  They said he didn't want to practice because it was cold or rainy or something.

                    I think that some players eventually came to the conclusion that Freddie wasn't a good coach.  As I recall there were a couple of player explosions at him on the sidelines during the season.  Obviously there was a player asking the opponent's sidelines to 'Come get me'.  Of course that was OBJ....so....it could be that he thought the hookers were better in their city.

                    I had originally liked Freddie for his down to earth style...but he turned out to be a billhilly.

                    Now, I like Stef because he's the opposite of a billhilly.  He 'sounds' educated.  As an owner I wouldn't be afraid of what my HC is going to say when a microphone is put in front of him.  I hope he's a good HC.  And I hope Higgins & Njoku will be examples of it.

                    Randall I believe is now available. Got released by the Raiders I think. 

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 9k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      So lets take a look at Njoku & Higgins after 3 weeks.

                      Njoku has found the IR once again, but showed a flash.   (Groundhog Day)

                      And Higgins was a healthy scratch along with rookie D P Jones.  With Natson going to IR one of these guys should be active next weekend.  Any bets?

                      .....I had such high modest hopes for these two guys.  🙂

                      BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                      gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • OrionO Orion

                        So lets take a look at Njoku & Higgins after 3 weeks.

                        Njoku has found the IR once again, but showed a flash.   (Groundhog Day)

                        And Higgins was a healthy scratch along with rookie D P Jones.  With Natson going to IR one of these guys should be active next weekend.  Any bets?

                        .....I had such high modest hopes for these two guys.  🙂

                        gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 11k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                        #11

                        @orion said:

                        So lets take a look at Njoku & Higgins after 3 weeks.

                        Njoku has found the IR once again, but showed a flash.   (Groundhog Day)

                        And Higgins was a healthy scratch along with rookie D P Jones.  With Natson going to IR one of these guys should be active next weekend.  Any bets?

                        .....I had such high modest hopes for these two guys.  🙂

                        Njoku has to miss 3 games due to the new IR rules.(knee mcl sprain, new luck).. Let's check his status around Colts week.. We need that win in the Conference.. Big Time!

                        We all love Higgins.. if the coaches see what I'm seeing on the all 22's.. K'drell Hodges just runs some crispier routes. He also looks the built to take some hits over Higgy, imo.  Hodges ran a 4.39..Higgy a 4.58.  but I'm also enjoying what am seeing in Hodges blocking.. Hodge verse Higgins, right off the LOS & downfield just looks like he sees where to go on any coverage routes. Or whom to take out blocking when he's not..

                        "The ground game takes 11 guys, like we have talked about before," Stefanski said Monday. "I thought all those guys, and I would single out the receivers as well, Odell, KhaDarel (Hodge), Jarvis and all those guys blocking downfield."

                        Hodge did not catch a pass on a day in which the Browns had just three active receivers following JoJo Natson's first-half knee injury.

                        That didn't matter to Hodge, the Browns' game captain who expressed excitement about the role he played in the win in a post to his personal Twitter account. 

                         
                        Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
                         
                        KhaDarel Hodge
                         
                        @ItsKhaDarel
                        If blocking is what i have to do to help us win then that’s what it will be ?
                         

                        Coaches see what we don't at practice.. and I'm out of complaint notices to Berry's desk 😁

                        Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        Theme
                        • System
                        • Light
                        • Dark
                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Forums
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Donate