Bungle Week
-
Q1:
- So far Burrows has looked like a rookie... errant passes... eyeing the rush... locking onto to well-covered receivers. But last drive hit AJ on a slant... nice... and ran for a TD on a called QB draw so curious to see how he settles in.
- Mixon looks pretty good early, but being held in check by a still very good LAC D.
- Cinci D? Hard to tell as the Tyrod-led, LAC O looks bad... very bad, but he did just hit a nice out route... and followed it up with a failed 4th and 2 read-option that he kept.
- Bosa owns Cinci's RT... bodes well for MG having a big game
End of 1st... CIN 7 - LAC 0
-
Looks like a battle of two teams destined for Top 5 of the draft.
Next week Thursday is a must win of course.
Cincy vanilla O so far. The WRs scare me a little John Ross in the slot is a problem. Is T Thomas covering him?
-
If the Browns play like they did today. They will lose Thursday
-
Not sure if playing again so fast after today's debacle is a good or bad thing...
I'm worried things could unravel if they lose Thursday night.
-
This game with the bengals doesn't feel right. Seems to me we have a history of losing to either rookie or back up QB's.
Last year I believe one loss was to the QB in Denver, then we lose to a guy named Duck in Pitt.
This game with the bengals doesn't feel right. Seems to me we have a history of losing to either rookie or back up QB's.
Last year I believe one loss was to the QB in Denver, then we lose to a guy named Duck in Pitt.
Yeah, I know, but we're winning this one. I'm not saying it'll be pretty, but we're winning this one.
-
* WEEK 2 * in the AFCN CLE -6.5 OVER CIN and BAL -6.5 at HOU, PIT a -6.5 favorite vs DEN the NFL injury report to follow.
Is this last second choke by the Cincinnati Bengals kicker on their new super stud rookie quarterback's debut one of the top 5 worst EVER ? Well no actually there were more according to Bengal fans who know all about such things -but- it does set up the Thursday night game in Cleveland up as a classic matchup.......well maybe a better matchup with the loser having TWO conference losses to start the 2020 season.
According to our friends at vegasinsider.com the browns opened up an 8.5 point favorite and now is a 6 point favorite and 45 point O/U right now.
Oh the biggest Bengal chokes of all time check it out for yourself. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/255629-the-five-most-gut-punching-cincinnati-bengals-losses-of-all-time
And the AFCN games BAL -6.5 at HOU and PIT a -6.5 favorite at home vs DEN.
SO there you go....... https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=832
-
I'm not touching any of these lines.
Edit: Maybe the ST Den game...
-
I like week 2 bounce back games for good teams.
i think Houston is intriguing extra couple days of prep they may show up and cover as a TD underdog.
Watching Colts too. If it falls below -3.
I like the over Browns Bengals. I think we score I see a couple big plays maybe a strip sack TD but I’m not sure that we cover but I can see the Bengals opening it up a little and scoring toward the end. Back door cover type game 27-24.
-
I like week 2 bounce back games for good teams.
i think Houston is intriguing extra couple days of prep they may show up and cover as a TD underdog.
Watching Colts too. If it falls below -3.
I like the over Browns Bengals. I think we score I see a couple big plays maybe a strip sack TD but I’m not sure that we cover but I can see the Bengals opening it up a little and scoring toward the end. Back door cover type game 27-24.
I like week 2 bounce back games for good teams.
i think Houston is intriguing extra couple days of prep they may show up and cover as a TD underdog.
Watching Colts too. If it falls below -3.
I like the over Browns Bengals. I think we score I see a couple big plays maybe a strip sack TD but I’m not sure that we cover but I can see the Bengals opening it up a little and scoring toward the end. Back door cover type game 27-24.
Houston has nothing but an overblown QB, I find it hard to believe they will cover
-
This game with the bengals doesn't feel right. Seems to me we have a history of losing to either rookie or back up QB's.
Last year I believe one loss was to the QB in Denver, then we lose to a guy named Duck in Pitt.
Yeah, I know, but we're winning this one. I'm not saying it'll be pretty, but we're winning this one.
Yeah, I know, but we're winning this one. I'm not saying it'll be pretty, but we're winning this one.
I'm leaning on the Browns to win this one as well.
-
As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background... on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.
That said FWIW...
Burrows had a very up and down game... typical rookie stuff. A lot of it was due to his OL getting owned all game long... but at the end he put together a really nice drive. Now in part this was due to LAC protecting its 3-point lead with maybe a touch of fatigue in their DL. In any case Joe had time and picked the D apart and actually threw the game winning TD to AJ with 7 seconds left on the clock. However...
AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.
With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt...

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).
On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.
-
As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background... on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.
That said FWIW...
Burrows had a very up and down game... typical rookie stuff. A lot of it was due to his OL getting owned all game long... but at the end he put together a really nice drive. Now in part this was due to LAC protecting its 3-point lead with maybe a touch of fatigue in their DL. In any case Joe had time and picked the D apart and actually threw the game winning TD to AJ with 7 seconds left on the clock. However...
AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.
With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt...

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).
On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.
As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background... on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.
That said FWIW...
Burrows had a very up and down game... typical rookie stuff. A lot of it was due to his OL getting owned all game long... but at the end he put together a really nice drive. Now in part this was due to LAC protecting its 3-point lead with maybe a touch of fatigue in their DL. In any case Joe had time and picked the D apart and actually threw the game winning TD to AJ with 7 seconds left on the clock. However...
AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.
With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt...

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).
On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.
adding chase to their D did not hurt one bit I believe as a team they had 8 sacks
-
As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background... on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.
That said FWIW...
Burrows had a very up and down game... typical rookie stuff. A lot of it was due to his OL getting owned all game long... but at the end he put together a really nice drive. Now in part this was due to LAC protecting its 3-point lead with maybe a touch of fatigue in their DL. In any case Joe had time and picked the D apart and actually threw the game winning TD to AJ with 7 seconds left on the clock. However...
AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.
With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt...

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).
On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.
adding chase to their D did not hurt one bit I believe as a team they had 8 sacks
-
As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background... on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.
That said FWIW...
Burrows had a very up and down game... typical rookie stuff. A lot of it was due to his OL getting owned all game long... but at the end he put together a really nice drive. Now in part this was due to LAC protecting its 3-point lead with maybe a touch of fatigue in their DL. In any case Joe had time and picked the D apart and actually threw the game winning TD to AJ with 7 seconds left on the clock. However...
AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.
With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt...

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).
On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.
As for the rest of the game... had a little focus issue as I puttered around with the game on in the background... on the mix channel to boot. The game was simply too bad to focus on.
That said FWIW...
AJ was called for pushing off at the top of the route before coming back to the right-front pylon. Great throw met fully extended AJ-hands with toes dragging on the ground. IMO the push was minor... I did not see extended arm... wing maybe, but not arm.
With the penalty negating the TD Cinci went immediately for the tie via a 31-yd FG... which was missed badly. Cinci's kicker grabbed his calf in pain... might even have been hurt...

Bottom line... we should beat these guys... their OL is porous... their D gives up plays (I thought they'd be better).
On the other hand I saw highlights of what WSH did to PHI... especially the way their DL beat up Wentz... so I'm a little less optimistic than I was about Game 3. But at least we have a long week to prep for their visit to CLE.
Regarding the bold I disagree... saw the last 10 minutes of the game at a bar. Green clearly pushed off to get separation.... Yeah, most times that doesn't get called in the last two minutes. But MHO- it was the right call.... And did a little victory jig when their kicker shanked the tying FG with no time left....
-
Tuesday NOON injury report:
CINCINNATI BENGALS
Player Pos Date Injury Status Expected Return
Geno Atkins DT September 13, 2020 shoulder Out
LeShaun Sims CB September 13, 2020 not injury related Doubtful
Shawn Williams S September 13, 2020 calf Out
CLEVELAND BROWNS
Player Pos Date Injury Status Expected Return
Chris Hubbard T September 13, 2020 ankle Out
Kevin Johnson CB September 13, 2020 liver Out
David Njoku TE September 14, 2020 knee IR October 11, 2020
Comments: Njoku (knee) was placed on injured reserve Monday and will miss at least three weeks.
M.J. Stewart CB September 13, 2020 hamstring Questionable
JC Tretter C September 13, 2020 knee Questionable
Greedy Williams CB September 13, 2020 shoulder Out
Mack Wilson LB September 13, 2020 knee Out
-
I've had time to digest the atrociousness that was Sunday and I still don't feel better. What we're left with is a "must win" on week 2 against a team that was extremely close to winning. Obviously THEY didn't play the damn Ravens, but they still looked competitive.
I don't want to think about what will happen if we lose this game. I was convinced we'd lose Ravens game, no surprise there, but I need to see us win Thursday. Browns NATION needs this win. The truly great news is that the Bengals had one of the worst offensive line performances I've ever seen. Burrow could barely snap the ball before being swarmed. Now, we don't have the DL that the Chargers have, and Myles Garrett still has a lot to prove after last game, but we SHOULD give this line fits. Myles Garrett should destroy people Thursday.
I watched a little of Rams game and know what I saw? I saw Aaron Donald dominate and beat up and offense by himself. When has Garrett done that? Maybe a few times, but if he's living up to that contract, he needs to be knocking heads every drive. I don't think I heard his NAME Sunday.
The Bengals' defense isn't bad, not at all, but it's not Baltimore. We SHOULD be able to move the damn ball, so we'll see I guess. Carolina had every chance to win the game Sunday and they have NOBODY on their roster besides McCaferry and those guys scored 30 points! We scored 6! I'm just tired of the excuses and want to see us play better. I mean, look at Pittsburgh. What are THEY gonna do to us?
It all starts Thursday. We win, we've got a season. We lose, and you know the drill. I'd love to see us come out and beat the Bengals down. Just have a game where shit comes together. I refuse to think we're THAT bad, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Did I mention I don't like OBJ? Whatever, that's a conversation for a different day. Go Browns! WOOF!
-
My concern is the Browns D. There was hardly any defender present in the middle of the field vs Balt, a recurring theme from last season.
It's like the LBs just charge towards the LOS on every play. Puts way too much pressure on the secondary if a tackle is broken.
-
It will nice to get Greedy and Mack back... Goodson can tackle but looked kinda slow
-
(cough a hairball) ? Joe Mixon has 3 games of over 100 yard rushing in 6 career Browns match ups.. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MixoJo00/gamelog/?opp_id=cle
Will Joe Mixon leave Cleveland..... over .500? or Under .500? in his career of over 100 yard rushing games verse Da Browns? (that's your poll question)
if over? Giving up -6.5 points, is giving this home dawg... fitz.. ? what's the over / under set at in this game?
Edit-- could it get any more juicy than this https://www.nfl.com/news/austin-seibert-bengals-claiming-former-browns-kicker-ahead-of-tnf-meeting ?️ hot sauce, please!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login