Seibert waived, Parkey elevated to 53 man roster
-
Why is it so many kickers have struggled since they moved the ball back on extra points? I see kickers make 50+ yard field goals on the regular.
The extra points are now from 32 yards out? 15 yard line, placed 7 yards back off LOS, 10 yards for the endzone = 32 yards.
I'd be curious to see what kickers FG percentage is for field goals from 30-35 yards. I have a feeling that you might be on to something, that they make FGs from that range at a higher rate than extra points.
that they make FGs from that range at a higher rate than extra points.
I think that would break mathematics.
-
that they make FGs from that range at a higher rate than extra points.
I think that would break mathematics.
-
Why is it so many kickers have struggled since they moved the ball back on extra points? I see kickers make 50+ yard field goals on the regular.
Simple guess is that it's now "enough" of a kick where they have to think about it? the old extra points were such where if you gave me 20 tries I'd make at least 3-4. Especially when someone gets the yips like Seibert, the fact it's not a gimme is a mental barrier. 50+ yarders almost come with an expectation that its "okay" to miss them.
Of course, this logic is why if you ever play golf with me anything within 5 feet is a gimme. ?
-
I don’t mind the idea of dumping Seibert... But to replace him with Parkey? Seems like a small downgrade. If they couldn’t find someone else with at least the potential of being reliable, what was the point?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
