Skip to content

Possible starting offensive lineup

The Browns Board
20 13 1.2k
  • As usual, I will bring the counterarguements:

    I think the line is sucko. Mack isn't starting out quick and the rest are stopgaps, including Steinbach. We need size/power inside and unless Tucker still has anything in the tank, this line will blow.

    Like many things with his club, we are starting over minus Thomas, who is a good LT. If Mack can develope into the center, that is a start. But ManKok has to pick up the pace of rebuilding the line next year and that means replacing the 3 other guys with upgrades.

  • As usual, I will bring the counterarguements:

    I think the line is sucko. Mack isn't starting out quick and the rest are stopgaps, including Steinbach. We need size/power inside and unless Tucker still has anything in the tank, this line will blow.

    Like many things with his club, we are starting over minus Thomas, who is a good LT. If Mack can develope into the center, that is a start. But ManKok has to pick up the pace of rebuilding the line next year and that means replacing the 3 other guys with upgrades.

    @restinpeace said:

    As usual, I will bring the counterarguements:

    I think the line is sucko. Mack isn't starting out quick and the rest are stopgaps, including Steinbach. We need size/power inside and unless Tucker still has anything in the tank, this line will blow.

    Like many things with his club, we are starting over minus Thomas, who is a good LT. If Mack can develope into the center, that is a start. But ManKok has to pick up the pace of rebuilding the line next year and that means replacing the 3 other guys with upgrades.

    Stop-gaps? I don't think you could call this o-line a stop gap! 😠 This same o-line helped Lewis rush for 9 touchdowns, and 1,130 yards back in 07.

  • @restinpeace said:

    As usual, I will bring the counterarguements:

    I think the line is sucko. Mack isn't starting out quick and the rest are stopgaps, including Steinbach. We need size/power inside and unless Tucker still has anything in the tank, this line will blow.

    Like many things with his club, we are starting over minus Thomas, who is a good LT. If Mack can develope into the center, that is a start. But ManKok has to pick up the pace of rebuilding the line next year and that means replacing the 3 other guys with upgrades.

    Stop-gaps? I don't think you could call this o-line a stop gap! 😠 This same o-line helped Lewis rush for 9 touchdowns, and 1,130 yards back in 07.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    Stop-gaps? I don't think you could call this o-line a stop gap! 😠 This same o-line helped Lewis rush for 9 touchdowns, and 1,130 yards back in 07.

    Different year, different offense. Steinbach would have been cut IMO had Haddie not torn his ACL. Tucker is 2 years older. We have a rookie C who isn't excelling quickly.

    Other than blindside protection, this OL has alot of issues. They tried to stopgap it and worked on the Front 7 more minus OLB which is another REALLY bad looking position.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    Stop-gaps? I don't think you could call this o-line a stop gap! 😠 This same o-line helped Lewis rush for 9 touchdowns, and 1,130 yards back in 07.

    Different year, different offense. Steinbach would have been cut IMO had Haddie not torn his ACL. Tucker is 2 years older. We have a rookie C who isn't excelling quickly.

    Other than blindside protection, this OL has alot of issues. They tried to stopgap it and worked on the Front 7 more minus OLB which is another REALLY bad looking position.

    @restinpeace said:

    Different year, different offense. Steinbach would have been cut IMO had Haddie not torn his ACL. Tucker is 2 years older. We have a rookie C who isn't excelling quickly.

    Other than blindside protection, this OL has alot of issues. They tried to stopgap it and worked on the Front 7 more minus OLB which is another REALLY bad looking position.

    Hadnot was a backup, pure and simple. Not that great as a starter.

  • I think I'll just wait to see how they do against the Vikings in week one.. If that is not a stout test then nothing is. Who is starting where. I could really care less. Just dominate. I think with the right combination this could be a decent but not great line. I think we will be better than sucks though..

  • I'm most worried about Mack and St. Clair. I think Tucker and Steiny are good.

    Maybe we better have a QB with good pocket presence, quick feet, ability to scramble out and throw on the fly, and run to pick up the first down.

    Hmm.

  • I'm most worried about Mack and St. Clair. I think Tucker and Steiny are good.

    Maybe we better have a QB with good pocket presence, quick feet, ability to scramble out and throw on the fly, and run to pick up the first down.

    Hmm.

    @oconrecon said:

    I'm most worried about Mack and St. Clair. I think Tucker and Steiny are good.

    Maybe we better have a QB with good pocket presence, quick feet, ability to scramble out and throw on the fly, and run to pick up the first down.

    Hmmmmmm.

    "Steiny" does nothing for me. He doesn't have the power/bulk and it shows. St.Clair isn't a worry. He is a adequete RT. We are weak at guard and it shows in this camp. We have been weak at guard since 1988 and it has shown by destroying Bernie Kosar and leaving us with 10000000000 QB's since then.

  • Being down on Mack is bush league chatter, let the guy have some time, the trenches are the hardest place to play.

  • Being down on Mack is bush league chatter, let the guy have some time, the trenches are the hardest place to play.

    @hammertime said:

    Being down on Mack is bush league chatter, let the guy have some time, the trenches are the hardest place to play.

    After QB, find me a position on offense tougher to play as a rookie than C, the QB of the OL.

    @restinpeace said:

    'Mack isn't starting out quick

    I am confused - can you tell me what your expectations were??

    Anybody who thinks going against S Rogers the VERY FIRST WEEK OF HIS FIRST TRAINING CAMP is too slow in developing needs to have his head examined. Are you serious with this? Yeah he runs a lot of laps and makes mistakes, but he is learning a difficult position. For a kid who won Academic All- American, I am confident he'll be just fine.

  • Restin, opinions are like one of your body parts, everyone has one...

    This line is sucko???????????????I don't know about your football qualifications but I'll go on record here and now saying if this line stays healthy it has top 10 possibilities.... All of these stopgaps were former all americans and were also starters in the NFL.... This O line should be rerally good this year and I mean REALLY GOOD..

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • Restin, opinions are like one of your body parts, everyone has one...

    This line is sucko???????????????I don't know about your football qualifications but I'll go on record here and now saying if this line stays healthy it has top 10 possibilities.... All of these stopgaps were former all americans and were also starters in the NFL.... This O line should be rerally good this year and I mean REALLY GOOD..

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    Restin, opinions are like one of your body parts, everyone has one...

    This line is sucko???????????????I don't know about your football qualifications but I'll go on record here and now saying if this line stays healthy it has top 10 possibilities.... All of these stopgaps were former all americans and were also starters in the NFL.... This O line should be rerally good this year and I mean REALLY GOOD..

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    Come on, you are taking in the past and not the present. Do you think Steinbach can last a full season with the physical stress he is going to take? Do you think Tucker can last a full season?

    The line is bad in the middle. Green center, bad/injury prone guards.

  • @inspecta said:

    Joe Thomas made the pro bowl as a rookie.

    Green don't mean shit if you've got talent.

    It's yet to be seen what exactly Mack will be like at center, but the prospect is good.

    True, dat, homie!

    And again, if Tucker is healthy, then Anderson or Quinn can succeed in the QB position.

  • sounds like anything less than 5 probowlers is an epic failure.....

  • sounds like anything less than 5 probowlers is an epic failure.....

    @choco said:

    sounds like anything less than 5 probowlers is an epic failure.....

    has an entire line ever made the pro bowl? We will have to give up like 8 sacks all year...

  • I wouldn't get too far down on Mack. You have to remember that he is

    going up against Rogers every day in camp and Rogers will probably be the

    best player he goes up against all year.

    Mangini has said Rogers is unblockable and Cox has said he sees some Reggie

    White in Rogers so Mack has his work cut out for him.

    Let's see how he does in the pre-season games. He may be bad but don't judge

    him by camp alone.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    Stop-gaps? I don't think you could call this o-line a stop gap! 😠 This same o-line helped Lewis rush for 9 touchdowns, and 1,130 yards back in 07.

    Different year, different offense. Steinbach would have been cut IMO had Haddie not torn his ACL. Tucker is 2 years older. We have a rookie C who isn't excelling quickly.

    Other than blindside protection, this OL has alot of issues. They tried to stopgap it and worked on the Front 7 more minus OLB which is another REALLY bad looking position.

    @restinpeace said:

    Steinbach would have been cut IMO had Haddie not torn his ACL.

    in a word....NO

  • DFTT guys. there's no way this guy exists.

    (bring back Lums, at least he only shat on 1 guy)

  • I think I'll just wait to see how they do against the Vikings in week one.. If that is not a stout test then nothing is. Who is starting where. I could really care less. Just dominate. I think with the right combination this could be a decent but not great line. I think we will be better than sucks though..

    @sez.ej said:

    I think I'll just wait to see how they do against the Vikings in week one.. If that is not a stout test then nothing is. Who is starting where. I could really care less. Just dominate. I think with the right combination this could be a decent but not great line. I think we will be better than sucks though..

    I agree that they will be stout but I thought that both the Williams' are suspended for the first four games...

  • mikeyP72 said:

    I thought I read that the NFL rescinded the suspension. I have low bandwith so I cant dig for the article sorry.

    If they did I missed it, I was on vacation at disney so I've missed alot of time on here... Sorry if i'm innaccurate