The Offensive Line
-
Analysis of Bryant - We could do a lot worse than his 73.1 out of our TE
-
Analysis of Bryant - We could do a lot worse than his 73.1 out of our TE
Analysis of Bryant - We could do a lot worse than his 73.1 out of our TE
I hear ya. Bryant was an offensive tackle in high school so it's not like he's not used to blocking people.
-
For the caliber of Defensive Line they faced today, I think the line played pretty well again.
-
Things are really looking good - the offensive line is fixed up, playing very well.
The Browns' oline "engine" is a fast car.
https://www.brownsnation.com/browns-offensive-line-once-again-earns-top-pff-grades/
-
The overall OL play is a huge pleasant surprise to me. I was so extremely concerned that it would be our offenses' downfall. They're playing pretty well and keeping the penalties down. And the FB has been quite an addition for Stef's offense. And he's caught a couple of passes so a defense cannot totally ignore the Janovich on a pass play.
-
And Hooper's the most expensive blocking TE in league history.. well, he's good at catching when asked, which isn't as often as you'd think..
-
Yea unfortunately the offense isn’t passing the ball very often in the near future. And that’s ok. We all know what the strength is of the offense
-
The overall OL play is a huge pleasant surprise to me. I was so extremely concerned that it would be our offenses' downfall. They're playing pretty well and keeping the penalties down. And the FB has been quite an addition for Stef's offense. And he's caught a couple of passes so a defense cannot totally ignore the Janovich on a pass play.
The overall OL play is a huge pleasant surprise to me.
Mild surprise here as I knew/believed Wills could do the job, albeit with a full, normal camp and Preseason.
And I think we all knew/believed Bito, Tretter and Conklin were going to be good.
That left RG, where Teller has been an unexpected blessing, and cohesive play, which again minus camp and Preseason, is well above at least my expectations.
I may need to dig up my old grading form...
-
The overall OL play is a huge pleasant surprise to me.
Mild surprise here as I knew/believed Wills could do the job, albeit with a full, normal camp and Preseason.
And I think we all knew/believed Bito, Tretter and Conklin were going to be good.
That left RG, where Teller has been an unexpected blessing, and cohesive play, which again minus camp and Preseason, is well above at least my expectations.
I may need to dig up my old grading form...
Mild surprise here as I knew/believed Wills could do the job, albeit with a full, normal camp and Preseason.
And I think we all knew/believed Bito, Tretter and Conklin were going to be good.
That left RG, where Teller has been an unexpected blessing, and cohesive play, which again minus camp and Preseason, is well above at least my expectations.
I may need to dig up my old grading form...
The impact of Bill Callahan cannot be overstated. Better players and for sure much better coaching.
-
Mild surprise here as I knew/believed Wills could do the job, albeit with a full, normal camp and Preseason.
And I think we all knew/believed Bito, Tretter and Conklin were going to be good.
That left RG, where Teller has been an unexpected blessing, and cohesive play, which again minus camp and Preseason, is well above at least my expectations.
I may need to dig up my old grading form...
The impact of Bill Callahan cannot be overstated. Better players and for sure much better coaching.
The impact of Bill Callahan cannot be overstated. Better players and for sure much better coaching.
This is probably the big truth. Much better than that bearded magician that didn't believe in calisthenics that we had a few years ago.
-
The impact of Bill Callahan cannot be overstated. Better players and for sure much better coaching.
This is probably the big truth. Much better than that bearded magician that didn't believe in calisthenics that we had a few years ago.
-
No preseason
35+ running plays a game
Wide zone blocking scheme sideline to sideline
Chasing Two elite backs
An opposing defensive line can be good even great but something has to give eventually. We did the Ravens a favor maybe they won’t be so lucky next time
-
No preseason
35+ running plays a game
Wide zone blocking scheme sideline to sideline
Chasing Two elite backs
An opposing defensive line can be good even great but something has to give eventually. We did the Ravens a favor maybe they won’t be so lucky next time
Wide zone blocking scheme sideline to sideline
And effective ZBS to boot...
It's not a difficult approach conceptually, but the coordination, the virtual "mind-reading", of the OL from OT to OT (or more with TE(S) involved) takes time together to perfect... or so I thought. And while we may not yet be perfect we are already scary good.
Hats off to Ag for pointing out Callahan's role in this group's development... but our OL is taking it onto the field.
-
#Browns One reason for the OFF success thus far is the performance in the red zone: -2019 Weeks 1-3 30% success rate(30th) 30% run rate(29th) 4 TDs, 1 INT -2020 Weeks 1-3 59% success rate(9th) 76% run rate(highest) 9 TDs, 0 INT.
Bill Callahan, No doubt has been a great addition! Bill's coaching gels well with Stefanski's. Both are coaching up their players to buying into a 'our' system... Get's good teams to above tweet ^^
The Stefanski Factor ?
-
Wills was an outstanding draft pick. ROOKIE at LT...
was severely tested at Washington - wasn't perfect, but did great:
https://www.brownsnation.com/jedrick-wills-how-he-performed-against-washington-in-week-3/
Jedrick Wills pancake on that Nick Chubb touchdown run. pic.twitter.com/tUkBXajf4Z
— Brent Sobleski (@brentsobleski) September 27, 2020
-
Pancake-ish at best...
Looks like it was Chase Young's backup, #52, Ryan Anderson, that ended up on the ground. At 255# that's just where he should end up across from a 300+# OT, but...
... if you check out the freeze frame (just left of Chubb's short-sleeve) you can see Anderson trips over another some poor WSH DL being manhandled by Conklin with what looks to be an assist by one of our TEs.

Not worried... Wills will get his share of pancakes... this just wasn't one of them. What it was was a great seal block at the ass end of a wide-ZBS right enabling the cutback.
-
-
This!!!!!!
browns offensive line is the best unit on the team. Then the running backs.
they demolished Dallas today. DEMOLISHED. Wyatt Teller is playing like and All Pro Guard
they need to lock Teller up before we cant afford him (I really liked that trade Dorsey made for him last year) a 4th and a 5th ?
-
This!!!!!!
browns offensive line is the best unit on the team. Then the running backs.
they demolished Dallas today. DEMOLISHED. Wyatt Teller is playing like and All Pro Guard
they need to lock Teller up before we cant afford him (I really liked that trade Dorsey made for him last year) a 4th and a 5th ?
they need to lock Teller up before we cant afford him (I really liked that trade Dorsey made for him last year) a 4th and a 5th ?
Problem is, you can't pay everyone.
You already have Myles under contract, and Baker, Chubb, Ward, Ogunjobi, et al will be coming due.
He's been a godsend, but he's a 5th rounder that has been developed into a very good OG. But OGs can be found. When you have a team with so many young, talented players, you have to spend wisely. With Callahan, the Browns might just draft a few more interior OLineman in the mid/late rounds to develop and replace Teller in a few years. I hate to lose him, but you can't pay everyone. (That being said, I won't pretend to think I'm an expert regarding the cap)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login