Skip to content

American V8 is the best sound ever

Barber Shop Talk
33 5 1.3k
  • N Neo

    @mjp28 said:

    65 mustang, 69 Z-28, 69 Mach 1, 66 Austin Healy Mark III,  72 Charger, 75 Vette,

    Sounds like you lived in the golden age of muscle cars. Some people say that the golden age of muscle cars is right now because of all the modern technology and the fact you can buy a car that has 800+ horsepower from the factory and is track ready right off the line. Yes, the engines are full of modern tech, but they don't make cars like they used to.I don't think somebody is going to be excited to find a 2019 Camaro in a barn some day, not like finding a 69 Camaro in a barn. What engine did that z28 have in it?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @neo said:

    Sounds like you lived in the golden age of muscle cars. Some people say that the golden age of muscle cars is right now because of all the modern technology and the fact you can buy a car that has 800+ horsepower from the factory and is track ready right off the line. Yes, the engines are full of modern tech, but they don't make cars like they used to.I don't think somebody is going to be excited to find a 2019 Camaro in a barn some day, not like finding a 69 Camaro in a barn. What engine did that z28 have in it?

    Yep, our first car post inherited (via marriage) 65 Corvair was a used 67 Mustang 287 V-8. Loved that car. My Dad had a restored first gen Mustang V-8 convertible that

    my brother inherited and later sold to some guy with money in Canada. Red with White leather interior in showroom shape since it was restored by some show winning

    restorers from Calif. What a sweet sound that engine had, but better what a sweet ride. Wish my brother had not needed the $$ he got for it which was substantial. I could not

    afford to outbid the Canadian.

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #19

    My 400 small block chevy. Rated at 470 lb/ft of torque and 460HP. Blue Print crate 400, full roller engine, aluminum Blue Print heads, 10.3:1 compression, AED 750 HO double pumper, Edelbrock air-gap intake, MSD distributor with pertronix 50k volt coil and MSD ignition module.

    20200825_185942.jpg

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #20

    The 400 waking up on a cool fall day.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #21

    My Subaru Crosstrek will kick your ass in snow or off road.

  • My Subaru Crosstrek will kick your ass in snow or off road.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My Subaru Crosstrek will kick your ass in snow or off road.

    Oh please, I can unplug 4 cylinders on one side of my engine a still gap anything you have.?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    You'll slide around like a bitch in snow, and destroy your underside in 4 inches of ground clearance.?

  • You'll slide around like a bitch in snow, and destroy your underside in 4 inches of ground clearance.?

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You'll slide around like a bitch in snow, and destroy your underside in 4 inches of ground clearance.?

    Yeah well, I don't do off road. But I still like my chances on the track against your Subaru. My other baby, nothing special.

  • My Subaru Crosstrek will kick your ass in snow or off road.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My Subaru Crosstrek will kick your ass in snow or off road.

    @neo said:

    Oh please, I can unplug 4 cylinders on one side of my engine a still gap anything you have.?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You'll slide around like a bitch in snow, and destroy your underside in 4 inches of ground clearance.?

    Yep cause me and DieHard have 8.5 in. and every tire operates independent of every other one. I have the slightly longer Subaru Outback.

  • N Neo

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You'll slide around like a bitch in snow, and destroy your underside in 4 inches of ground clearance.?

    Yeah well, I don't do off road. But I still like my chances on the track against your Subaru. My other baby, nothing special.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @neo said:

    Yeah well, I don't do off road. But I still like my chances on the track against your Subaru. My other baby, nothing special.

    Track , smack.  We beat you to the finish line by heading cross-country.?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    My Subaru Crosstrek will kick your ass in snow or off road.

    @neo said:

    Oh please, I can unplug 4 cylinders on one side of my engine a still gap anything you have.?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You'll slide around like a bitch in snow, and destroy your underside in 4 inches of ground clearance.?

    Yep cause me and DieHard have 8.5 in. and every tire operates independent of every other one. I have the slightly longer Subaru Outback.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep cause me and DieHard have 8.5 in. and every tire operates independent of every other one. I have the slightly longer Subaru Outback.

    8.7.?

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Thinking about going this route in my project. Taking out the 400, 2004R trans and swapping in a 302 and 5 speed Tremac with a hydraulic clutch

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Screenshot_20200829-221345_Instagram_large.jpg

  • Which variety do you prefer:

    Is V8 Juice Good for You? An Expert Explains | Eat This Not That

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @the-gipper said:

    Which variety do you prefer:

    Is V8 Juice Good for You? An Expert Explains | Eat This Not That

    I'll take mine spicy hot

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #31

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Yep cause me and DieHard have 8.5 in. and every tire operates independent of every other one. I have the slightly longer Subaru Outback.

    8.7.?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    8.7.?

    LOL! I want independent confirmation.?

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Interesting