Skip to content

Early Musings

The Browns Board
5 3 281
  • Some thoughts after most teams have completed two games:

    A. The following teams have been the most dominant in that they are 2-0 and have an +20  or more  point differential:  Ravens, Packers, Rams.

    B. The following teams look like competitors for top pick in the draft in that they are 0-2 with a -20 or more point differential.  Some surprises:  Jets,  Texans, Eagles, Lions, Vikings.

    C. Even so, I think, with the Barkley injury, the two NY teams could be vying for the worst record in the league title, eventually, joined by the Panthers.

    D. Titans, despite being 2-0 are only +5 in point differential.

    E. Big names go down and maybe out:   Saquon Barkley, Nick Bosa, Garrapolo with ankle. A number of other names.

    F.  Coaches whose seats are getting toasty warm:   Adam Gase, Jets;   Dan Quinn, Falcons;  Matt Patrick, Lions;  Bill O'Brien, Texans. 

    G. Quarterback Carousel?:   Herbert in/Taylor out for Chargers?   Injury uncertainly in SFO with Garrapolo.  Same in Denver with Lock.   Trubisky seems safer now in Chicago...at least for a while.  Look for Tua to get the start in Miami, very soon. Bridgewater, while safe, looks shaky.  Same with Darnold with NYJ.  Anyone else?

    H. Most lackluster offenses so far: Giants/Jets/Texans/Eagles/Dolphins/Chargers/Broncos.  All under 40 pts.

    I. Most lackluster defenses so far: Texans, Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Lions, Panthers, Browns.  All have given up over 60

    J. Most potent offenses:  Packers, Ravens, Falcons (whose defense is worse than their offense is good)

    K. Best defenses so far: Ravens, Cardinals, Rams, Bears. 

    L. From what I saw:  Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt were both in the Top 10 in rushing including this week's game so far.  Aaron Jones of GB  leads the league in rushing (he had like 2 75 yard runs today),   Zeke Elliot and Derrick Henry are only a yard or so ahead of Chubb.

    M. Josh Allen, Matt Ryan and Dak Prescott are the top 3 in the league in pass yards.  

  • I am suing for copyright infringement...

  • I am suing for copyright infringement...

    @tour2ma said:

    I am suing for copyright infringement...

    Not sure what that is all about. 

  • The TE for Oak....errr Vegas,  Waller, is quite a beast.

  • The TE for Oak....errr Vegas,  Waller, is quite a beast.

    @the-gipper said:

    The TE for Oak....errr Vegas,  Waller, is quite a beast.

    Yep I plan to draft him on my FFL when we do adds and drops after game 5. I have 6 players out (two for the season for sure) and likely to pick 1st since that goes to low man on the totem pole. From 1st overall last year to last so far this year after all those injuries. Humbling to say the least. But after watching him, I can see he is developing into Carr's go to TE with real WR speed.