Skip to content

2020 Rookie LBs... Where are They Now?

The Browns Board
2 2 194
  • Given our obvious needs, the ongoing bitching about our D and was thought by many of us to be a reasonably deep draft at the position, I how many of the got curious as to how many of the top prospects are seeing playing time, how much and are starting.

    Here's a summary... the results surprised me. I thought more would be playing more, if not starting.

    Playing over 50% of Defensive Snaps

    • Patrick Queen (BLT): 2 starts; over 70% of snaps plus some S/T
    • Kenneth Murray (LAC): 2 starts with over 80% of snaps plus some S/T

    Spot Duty on D and S/Ts

    • Isaiah Simmons (AZ):  2 starts, but only around 20% of snaps (PT fell from 29 to 11% in game 2) plus some S/T
    • Malik Harrison (BLT): 1 start and ~25% of snaps plus 60+% of S/Ts
    • Troy Dye (IND): no starts, but went from 0 to 29% of snaps Week 2 plus ~67% of S/Ts
    • Logan Wilson (CIN): no starts, ~25+% of snaps plus ~60% of S/Ts
    • Jordyn Brooks (SEA): no starts, ~10% of snaps plus ~40% of S/Ts
    • Akeem Davis-Gaither (CIN): no starts, ~30% of snaps plus 60+% of S/Ts

    STs Only

    • Willie Gay (KC): ~65% of S/T plays

    Yet to Play

    Bottom Line: Only two, both 1st-rounders, stepped into significant starting roles. Maybe this FO ain't so dumb...

  • Our guy, Phillips, out both games, right? 

    And I don't think anyone is criticizing out FO for not taking an LB in rounds  1-2.....our need for a LT and a  Safety were every bit  if not more acute. 

    And they did get Phillips in round 3. And I think we need him out there.  I guess we  shall see how he does when he gets healthy.