Browns -7 v Washington football team
-
Yep, that's him! I'm glad it's not serious but also glad he's not playing us. You know what's funny? It seems like every time I see where we're playing a beat up and run down OL, and everybody is certain that we're going to dominate them...it doesn't happen. Take last week for example. I thought our DL certainly played WELL, but I didn't think they absolutely took over the game or anything. Garrett had the play of the year so far and really put us ahead after we botched that goal line set of downs, which apparently was somewhat the fault of our rookie OT, Wills. I didn't verify this with my own eyes but someone was saying he dropped the ball twice.
Dwayne Haskins is not as mobile as Burrow, which is good for us, and they also don't run the ball particularly well either. This could be an awesome opportunity for our defense to force some of those....what are they called again? Oh yes, PUNTS. Also, we get Clayborne back and we already love Porter Gustin in spot duty. We SHOULD give this line fits and we SHOULD see some of those pesky punts. I also don't believe we're going to see Washington go for it on 4th downs very often, so if we do actually stop them on 3rd, it should be our ball. Haskins had pretty decent numbers last week, but I have a feeling he got a lot of his yards and completions in the 4th quarter in garbage time.
Also, for you fantasy guys, I think our TEs score at least one TD, and possibly two. WHICH TE I don't know, and I'm not sure it's going to be Hooper that blows up. Why do I say that? Well, Hooper isn't always the guy going down the seam and I've seen us send Carlson and Bryant deep on multiple occasions. In fact, we missed both guys for long TDs last game because there was a little too much pressure and Baker couldn't let it go. One was the little 9 yard gain to Hunt where he caught it after Baker rolled out on the sideline. On that play, Mr. Carlson was wide open down the seam and Baker just couldn't get it there. Another one was actually the awful pick Baker threw. That was essentially a a ridiculous read by the DB and a lazy throw by Baker. That being said, Bryant WAS open earlier but again, Baker had to side step a giant defender.
I really do believe this will be a game for our TEs. Washington actually has a solid cover linebacker, but he can't be everywhere, and we almost always play 2 TEs. We adore Bryant, and I see good things for him Sunday.
You know what I REALLY want to see this week, besides a victory? Baker not throwing a single pick. We HAVE to start seeing him avoid those crucial mistakes and that pick he threw last week really influenced the game. He's a #1 pick. I don't want hame manager. I want a dominant force. He can be that Sunday...especially with our RBs and TEs.
It's Baker time. This is a game he has to go from "just not losing it" to "laying it on" and getting his confidence back. The rush should be enough of a threat that it opens up big passing lanes downfield. As Chubb and Hunt keep rushing for chunks, those safeties will start moving up, then Baker can torch them.
On D, I don't think Haskins is all that, just another big, tall pocket passer with a big arm, but doesn't seem like he has a feel for the game or reading defenses. I still think the old school, pocket passers can work out fine, but he ain't it. The Browns DL will get to him some in this one.
-
-
-
12 divided by 53 means 22.6% of our roster is on the injured list. WTF?
-
He recovered his own fumble but the ref said Washington had it. Even though Duke was waving the ball around.
Mrs. Ref Sarah Thomas.... and she's on the books to do our game this week... ? ?
-
-
-
-
Is this a home game?
Yes in front of 6k Brown and Orange Mob
Yes in front of 6k Brown and Orange Mob
Hey all I can say is with all the empty stadium nonsense we look awesome with a totally normal amount of fans in the seats.
-
https://triblive.com/sports/browns-garrett-off-to-flying-start/
Cleveland Browns, Myles Garrett off to flying start
Associated Press | Monday, September 28, 2020 4:19 p.m.TribLIVE's Daily and Weekly email newsletters deliver the news you want and information you need, right to your inbox.
About an hour ago
CLEVELAND — Myles Garrett vowed to put the past — and a regrettable incident — behind him. This was going to be a different season for him and the Cleveland Browns.
A new beginning.
So far, Garrett has kept his word.
He had another dominant performance Sunday, getting two sacks and forcing and recovering a game-sealing fumble in the fourth quarter as the Browns beat Washington, 34-20, to improve to 2-1 for the first time since 2011...
...
For the second week in a row, Garrett, who spent the week hearing about Washington’s rookie defensive star Chase Young, delivered the kind of play that had been missing from his resume before this season.
With Cleveland holding a 31-20 lead, Garrett got around Washington tackle Geron Christian Sr., grabbed quarterback Dwayne Haskins and knocked the ball from his hands before grabbing it. The Browns added a field goal to put it away.
“Big-time players make big-time plays,” quarterback Baker Mayfield said of Garrett, who made a similar momentum-shifting play against Cincinnati a week earlier.
Garrett did his part in a complete, all-around effort by Cleveland, which hasn’t had many of those in recent years. The offense clicked. The defense forced five turnovers and the special teams units, which have had their issues early on, did their jobs.
“In this one, we just put it all together,” Garrett said. “That is real team ball, complementary ball that we played. I am proud of how we all came together.”
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

