Our old friend Tyrod Taylor
-
Because I know I'll be starting in the first game or two. Just like with the Browns, rookie QB Herbert took over even earlier than Mayfield in the second game for the Chargers. The rookie was really good in his debut so Tyrod will be stuck on the pine for the rest of the season.
Because I know I'll be starting in the first game or two. Just like with the Browns, rookie QB Herbert took over even earlier than Mayfield in the second game for the Chargers. The rookie was really good in his debut so Tyrod will be stuck on the pine for the rest of the season.
Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start. Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not? Can't recall.
-
Because I know I'll be starting in the first game or two. Just like with the Browns, rookie QB Herbert took over even earlier than Mayfield in the second game for the Chargers. The rookie was really good in his debut so Tyrod will be stuck on the pine for the rest of the season.
Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start. Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not? Can't recall.
Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start. Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not? Can't recall.
My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night.
-
Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start. Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not? Can't recall.
My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night.
My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night.
Yep...Tyrod got concussed down 0-14, Baker came in & won it...even caught a 2 pt PAT from Jarvis! I loved being in the stands for that one...I wasn't going to wear my Baker jersey 'till he was starting, but wore it that night on a whim & WHAM!
Mike
-
The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.
-
The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.
The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.
Yep! Do we see a pattern here?
Mike
-
To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown. He's a great mentoring team mate. He's been in every offensive system known to man. Tough as nails. Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.
After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move. Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.
-
The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.
Yep! Do we see a pattern here?
Mike
Yep! Do we see a pattern here?
Mike
Yeah.. "Tuhrod" SUCKS!
-
To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown. He's a great mentoring team mate. He's been in every offensive system known to man. Tough as nails. Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.
After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move. Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.
To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown. He's a great mentoring team mate. He's been in every offensive system known to man. Tough as nails. Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.
After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move. Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.
McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago. Don't recall who.
-
To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown. He's a great mentoring team mate. He's been in every offensive system known to man. Tough as nails. Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.
After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move. Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.
McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago. Don't recall who.
McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago. Don't recall who.
I don't recall who either, but I think he gets $12k to stay at home as the 3rd QB. So, he's really not mentoring anyone.
-
McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago. Don't recall who.
I don't recall who either, but I think he gets $12k to stay at home as the 3rd QB. So, he's really not mentoring anyone.
-
He is the oldest player ever on a team's practice squad. He is with Philly.
Right...so if he is on the PS...that means he is there...not staying home. He needs to mentor Wentz...who seems not to be playing so hot.
-
He is the oldest player ever on a team's practice squad. He is with Philly.
Right...so if he is on the PS...that means he is there...not staying home. He needs to mentor Wentz...who seems not to be playing so hot.
Right...so if he is on the PS...that means he is there...not staying home. He needs to mentor Wentz...who seems not to be playing so hot.
Wentz is having OL problems. He can't even look up without throwing right at a DL right in his face.
-
Guess he suffered a punctured lung by the team doctors right before the game https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29952469/chargers-qb-tyrod-taylor-lung-punctured-team-doc-sources-say
Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.
-
-
-
Guess he suffered a punctured lung by the team doctors right before the game https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29952469/chargers-qb-tyrod-taylor-lung-punctured-team-doc-sources-say
Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.
Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.
Puncture from the needle should heal quickly.
HC says TT "ain't mad", but if team goes with Hebert from here on that could change. NFL players tend to want to play.
-
Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.
Puncture from the needle should heal quickly.
HC says TT "ain't mad", but if team goes with Hebert from here on that could change. NFL players tend to want to play.
-
Should watch
for the pain shot - I'm surprised this injury doesn't happen more often -
As predicted, Tyrod benched for the rookie.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/08/justin-herbert-named-chargers-starter
-
As predicted, Tyrod benched for the rookie.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/08/justin-herbert-named-chargers-starter
As predicted, Tyrod benched for the rookie.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/08/justin-herbert-named-chargers-starter
He was, after all, like a Top Ten draft pick no? What was anyone expecting? Plus, he has looked good.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login