Skip to content

Our old friend Tyrod Taylor

The Browns Board
23 12 601
  • @mddawg said:

    Because I know I'll be starting in the first game or two. Just like with the Browns, rookie QB Herbert took over even earlier than Mayfield in the second game for the Chargers. The rookie was really good in his debut so Tyrod will be stuck on the pine for the rest of the season.

    Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start.   Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not?  Can't recall.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @the-gipper said:

    Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start.   Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not?  Can't recall.

    My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start.   Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not?  Can't recall.

    My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @d-bone said:

    My memory says he did, against the Jets on Thursday night. 

    Yep...Tyrod got concussed down 0-14, Baker came in & won it...even caught a 2 pt PAT from Jarvis! I loved being in the stands for that one...I wasn't going to wear my Baker jersey 'till he was starting, but wore it that night on a whim & WHAM!

    Mike

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.

  • The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @texasag1969 said:

    The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.

    Yep! Do we see a pattern here?

    Mike

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #7

    To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown.  He's a great mentoring team mate.  He's been in every offensive system known to man.  Tough as nails.  Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.

    After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move.  Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The HC says when Tyrod is well enough he gets his starting job back. I bet that tune changes if the rook is playing lights out until then.

    Yep! Do we see a pattern here?

    Mike

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @canton-mike said:

    Yep! Do we see a pattern here?

    Mike

    Yeah.. "Tuhrod" SUCKS!

  • To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown.  He's a great mentoring team mate.  He's been in every offensive system known to man.  Tough as nails.  Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.

    After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move.  Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @orion said:

    To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown.  He's a great mentoring team mate.  He's been in every offensive system known to man.  Tough as nails.  Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.

    After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move.  Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.

    McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago.  Don't recall who. 

  • @orion said:

    To the topic, I would ask them to sign Josh McCown.  He's a great mentoring team mate.  He's been in every offensive system known to man.  Tough as nails.  Doesn't mind being a backup. etc.

    After how the kid played, putting Tyrod back in would be a Hue Jackson move.  Ya don't want to do anything that Hue did with a QB.

    McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago.  Don't recall who. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago.  Don't recall who. 

    I don't recall who either, but I think he gets $12k to stay at home as the 3rd QB.  So, he's really not mentoring anyone.

  • @the-gipper said:

    McCown WAS signed by someone...it was on here not long ago.  Don't recall who. 

    I don't recall who either, but I think he gets $12k to stay at home as the 3rd QB.  So, he's really not mentoring anyone.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @orion said:

    I don't recall who either, but I think he gets $12k to stay at home as the 3rd QB.  So, he's really not mentoring anyone.

    He is the oldest player ever on a team's practice squad. He is with Philly.

  • @orion said:

    I don't recall who either, but I think he gets $12k to stay at home as the 3rd QB.  So, he's really not mentoring anyone.

    He is the oldest player ever on a team's practice squad. He is with Philly.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @texasag1969 said:

    He is the oldest player ever on a team's practice squad. He is with Philly.

    Right...so if he is on the PS...that means he is there...not staying home.  He needs to mentor Wentz...who seems not to be playing so hot. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He is the oldest player ever on a team's practice squad. He is with Philly.

    Right...so if he is on the PS...that means he is there...not staying home.  He needs to mentor Wentz...who seems not to be playing so hot. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    Right...so if he is on the PS...that means he is there...not staying home.  He needs to mentor Wentz...who seems not to be playing so hot. 

    Wentz is having OL problems. He can't even look up without throwing right at a DL right in his face.

  • WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Guess he suffered a punctured lung by the team doctors right before the game https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29952469/chargers-qb-tyrod-taylor-lung-punctured-team-doc-sources-say

    Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Is that what happened?  Wow.

  • Is that what happened?  Wow.

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @orion said:

    Is that what happened?  Wow.

    Yeah I remember thinking how the hell do you injure yourself warming up before a game. Guess the Doc done fucked up

  • Guess he suffered a punctured lung by the team doctors right before the game https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29952469/chargers-qb-tyrod-taylor-lung-punctured-team-doc-sources-say

    Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.

    Puncture from the needle should heal quickly.

    HC says TT "ain't mad", but if team goes with Hebert from here on that could change. NFL players tend to want to play.

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    Wonder if he could sue the team if he unable to get back on the field or loses his Starting job permanently because of this, especially if there was any monetary incentives in his contract. I know he sucked here but Baker has nothing but nice things to say about him and he seems like a good person and a true pro.

    Puncture from the needle should heal quickly.

    HC says TT "ain't mad", but if team goes with Hebert from here on that could change. NFL players tend to want to play.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tour2ma said:

    Puncture from the needle should heal quickly.

    HC says TT "ain't mad", but if team goes with Hebert from here on that could change. NFL players tend to want to play.

    I guess we call that being "Bakered".

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #19

    Should watch

    for the pain shot - I'm surprised this injury doesn't happen more often

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #20
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mddawg said:

    As predicted, Tyrod benched for the rookie.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/08/justin-herbert-named-chargers-starter

    He was, after all, like a Top Ten draft pick no? What was anyone expecting?  Plus, he has looked good. 

  • @mddawg said:

    Because I know I'll be starting in the first game or two. Just like with the Browns, rookie QB Herbert took over even earlier than Mayfield in the second game for the Chargers. The rookie was really good in his debut so Tyrod will be stuck on the pine for the rest of the season.

    Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start.   Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not?  Can't recall.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @the-gipper said:

    Taylor sat down yesterday because of injury...giving Herbert the start.   Refresh my memory...did Baker come in because of an injury to Tyrod, or not?  Can't recall.

    Initially it was (or they said it was, to his hand I think), but the whole team picked up immediately when Baker came in so that was that. Tyrod is a backup, period - he is a decent one as backups go, but he is suited best as a #2.