Skip to content

Need a Rule Clarification

The Browns Board
7 4 365
  • At what time before any game starts does a team have to declare that either a "doubtful" or a "questionable" listed player either will or will not play in that game?

    I have 9 injured players on my FFL, two of whom I will have to play. So I have 3 of those on IR (two out for the season), 2 doubtful and not likely to play, 3 questionable who have not practiced through today and 1 questionable on limited practice today.   I have to play two of those questionable players with one going at 1pm. 1 at 8pm and the others at 430pm (all EDT) all on Sunday.

  • Most out's should be announced before Saturday...Inactives come out sometime before 1pm(12:15'ish).. Only for 1 pm kickoffs... like Conklin.. some see if they can go? than can't... Inactives, 45 minutes before 4 pm games is the usual 

  • Most out's should be announced before Saturday...Inactives come out sometime before 1pm(12:15'ish).. Only for 1 pm kickoffs... like Conklin.. some see if they can go? than can't... Inactives, 45 minutes before 4 pm games is the usual 

    @gumby73 said:

    Most out's should be announced before Saturday...Inactives come out sometime before 1pm(12:15'ish).. Only for 1 pm kickoffs... like Conklin.. some see if they can go? than can't... Inactives, 45 minutes before 4 pm games is the usual 

    Well since my 8pm one is Davante Adams, I may just have to take a chance and leave him there. Too good not to play over the others.

    https://www.aol.com/thursday-injury-packers-wr-davante-190637305.html

  • Adams might sound like a good flex candidate?..Julio Jones has been playing on a bad hammy, and ya never know how they go. than ya could still grab a TE/WR/RB from MNF, if Adams don't go Sunday night... 

  • You can go to NFL.com for the whole 9 page report.  From 2017. Here's page 5:

    2. Game Status Report
    The Game Status Report is expected to provide clubs and the public with an accurate description 
    of a player’s anticipated availability for the club’s next game. Clubs are required to indicate the 
    status of their injured players on the NFL Intranet site by 4:00 p.m., New York time, and issue 
    notice to the opposing team, local and national media, broadcast partners, etc., as follows:


    Thursday Game Saturday Game Sunday Game Monday Game
    Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday


    The Game Status Report’s player availability categories are defined as follows:
    Out – Will not play
    Doubtful – Unlikely to play
    Questionable – Uncertain if player will play


    If a player will not play – whether due to injury or non-injury reasons – that fact must be reported. 
    If a player’s game status is in question for non-injury reasons (“Not Injury Related”), that 
    information must appear in the Game Status Report and must be explained publicly and included 
    in the release issued by the club to the media.


    All such reports must be submitted in a timely manner.
    As with Practice Reports, injuries must be identified with a reasonable degree of specificity in 
    terms that are meaningful to coaches, other club officials, the media, and the public. For example, 
    leg injuries must be specified as ankle, knee, thigh or calf. Arm injuries must be identified as 
    shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, or muscle. Listing an injury simply as “leg,” “arm,” “upper body,” 
    or other equally vague description, is not acceptable.


    Also, as with Practice Reports, particular attention must be paid to the submission of Game Status
    Reports for key players including, but not limited to, quarterbacks, kickers, and punters. The 
    report must indicate “left” or “right” if the injury is to the arm or the hand of a quarterback or to 
    the leg or foot of a kicker or punter. Again, please use the designation on the NFL Intranet site 
    to enter this information.


    If a player has sustained multiple reportable injuries, all such injuries must be noted on the club’s 
    Game Status Report. In other words, under the policy, the club’s obligation is not satisfied by 
    reporting only the most acute injury sustained by the player. The club is not entitled to unilaterally 
    determine which of the player’s reportable injuries might preclude his participation or affect his 
    performance on game day. 


    Changes to the Game Status Report: Injuries or other events that occur after 4:00 p.m., New 
    York time, on the designated game status reporting day must be reported immediately if the 
    injury or event could affect a player’s ability to play in that week’s game.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Most out's should be announced before Saturday...Inactives come out sometime before 1pm(12:15'ish).. Only for 1 pm kickoffs... like Conklin.. some see if they can go? than can't... Inactives, 45 minutes before 4 pm games is the usual 

    Well since my 8pm one is Davante Adams, I may just have to take a chance and leave him there. Too good not to play over the others.

    https://www.aol.com/thursday-injury-packers-wr-davante-190637305.html

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well since my 8pm one is Davante Adams, I may just have to take a chance and leave him there. Too good not to play over the others.

    https://www.aol.com/thursday-injury-packers-wr-davante-190637305.html

    Sometimes you have to drop a player to have a healthy player.

    I have the same deal with Adams.  I picked up a New Orleans receiver to make sure I have a player to play in case adams is a late scratch.  Some points are better than none.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well since my 8pm one is Davante Adams, I may just have to take a chance and leave him there. Too good not to play over the others.

    https://www.aol.com/thursday-injury-packers-wr-davante-190637305.html

    Sometimes you have to drop a player to have a healthy player.

    I have the same deal with Adams.  I picked up a New Orleans receiver to make sure I have a player to play in case adams is a late scratch.  Some points are better than none.

    @ballpeen said:

    Sometimes you have to drop a player to have a healthy player.

    I have the same deal with Adams.  I picked up a New Orleans receiver to make sure I have a player to play in case adams is a late scratch.  Some points are better than none.

    Unfortunately the way my league works is you are stuck for the first 5 weeks with whomever you got. My two lost for the season are Barkley and Marlon Mack. Can't drop until then.

    @gumby73 said:

    Adams might sound like a good flex candidate?..Julio Jones has been playing on a bad hammy, and ya never know how they go. than ya could still grab a TE/WR/RB from MNF, if Adams don't go Sunday night... 

    Also unfortunately I have no one playing Monday night this week. I will just have to take a chance. Besides if my team "tanks" I get to choose first in the 5 week add/drop draft. Last night I'm pretty much now convinced it needs to be Jacksonville's rookie, James Robinson. On a bad night for the QB and the Offense he still managed 129 yds and two TDs.

    Maybe to make this "tank" really work, I need to play my two who are out for the season plus the 3 "Doubtfuls" the next 3 weeks. Oh, wait, I have an IR (Shepherd) too who is gone the next 3 games. Genius! LOL.?