Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Pro and College Pick 'Em

Pro and College Pick 'Em

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
30 Posts 17 Posters 4.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • dencyguy D
    • 481 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    D dencyguy wrote on last edited by dencyguy
    #1

    Hey all,

    With the seasons right around the corner, I've set up the Pro and College Pick 'Em contests on Yahoo. Here are the links:

    Pro Football Pick 'Em

    League ID: 9740

    Password: browns

    College Football Pick 'Em

    League ID: 4731

    Password: browns

    I've set up the leagues with the usual rules--picking with point spreads, no confidence points, get your picks in five minutes before each game. Every week I'll provide a brief write-up of what happened in the contests, congratulate the Big Winners of the Week, mock the Shameful Dogs of the Week, and belittle those who stopped making picks after week three, when they only got two picks right.

    Dennis

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • WVBrownsfan WVBrownsfanW
      • 219 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I was able to enter the college pick 'em but the pro league kept giving me an error message that password is incorrect and league isn't available. I'll try again later tonight.

      HowieDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • HowieDawg HowieDawgH
        • 664 Posts
        • 59 Reputation
        HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I'm off to sign up right now. Thanks dencyguy.

        Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan

          I was able to enter the college pick 'em but the pro league kept giving me an error message that password is incorrect and league isn't available. I'll try again later tonight.

          HowieDawg HowieDawgH
          • 664 Posts
          • 59 Reputation
          HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @wvbrownsfan said:

          I was able to enter the college pick 'em but the pro league kept giving me an error message that password is incorrect and league isn't available. I'll try again later tonight.

          I got the same errors on attempting to sign up.

          Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Skinny S
            • 172 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            S Skinny wrote on last edited by
            #5

            same error here

            Like Granny always said- "If you can't be good...Be good at It."
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Skinny S
              • 172 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              S Skinny wrote on last edited by Skinny
              #6

              try this link.

              Worked for me. I am in now. that link was for ff not pick em

              Like Granny always said- "If you can't be good...Be good at It."
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • dencyguy D
                • 481 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Thanks for the catch guys, and sorry about the confusion. I fixed the link, so it should work now. Let me know if there are still any problems.

                Dennis

                HowieDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • D dencyguy

                  Thanks for the catch guys, and sorry about the confusion. I fixed the link, so it should work now. Let me know if there are still any problems.

                  Dennis

                  HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                  • 664 Posts
                  • 59 Reputation
                  HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @dencyguy said:

                  Thanks for the catch guys, and sorry about the confusion. I fixed the link, so it should work now. Let me know if there are still any problems.

                  Dennis

                  All signed up and ready to pick, thanks for sorting the league out again this year dennis.

                  Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • LNC L
                    • 49 Posts
                    • 1 Reputation
                    L LNC wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Works now. Thanks!

                    Off season sucks.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • damajuki D
                      • 475 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      D damajuki wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Thanks, D. I'm going to try not to flake like last year. I was in it until pretty late but then missed a week. Let's see if we can do better this year...

                      Juki

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Booker B
                        • 95 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        B Booker wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        the return of Boner in Sweatpants is imminent

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • dencyguy D
                          • 481 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          As is the return of my refusing to type it into my write-ups. Actually, I've kind of missed the old childish euphemis.

                          Dennis

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • allaneddie A
                            • 43 Posts
                            • 0 Reputation
                            A allaneddie wrote on last edited by
                            #13
                            I'm signed up for both. Fun
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Aloysius ?
                              • Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Just joined the CFB pick 'em. Should be a blast.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Timugen T
                                • 384 Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                T Timugen wrote on last edited by Timugen
                                #15

                                BUMP.

                                I know - it's stickied, so no need for a bump, but........

                                1247682417052.jpg

                                Don't forget to make your picks!

                                "I like to quote myself." -Me
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • alporcini alporciniA Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 481 Posts
                                  • 161 Reputation
                                  alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  because I am such a web Retard, I agreed to create an online Pick 'Em game for some friends who own some sports bars down around Tampa... gave me a chance to work with some smart coders/programmers to learn something I knew nothing about...

                                  the game's pretty cool... really good prizes... anyone can play... if you're interested....

                                  www.leeroyselmons.com/pickem

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                                    • 4k Posts
                                    • 139 Reputation
                                    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Who's leading TheBrownsBoard College Pick'em League?

                                    HowieDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                                      Who's leading TheBrownsBoard College Pick'em League?

                                      HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                                      • 664 Posts
                                      • 59 Reputation
                                      HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @atenears said:

                                      Who's leading TheBrownsBoard College Pick'em League?

                                      Who cares about that, the important note is that a limey is spanking you in the Pro pickem! 🙂

                                      Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • HowieDawg HowieDawgH
                                        • 664 Posts
                                        • 59 Reputation
                                        HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        In a season with little to cheer about, I am incredibly happy to be now spanking Atenears, Furnier, Zombo and MarkO. 😉

                                        Tailgate loving, Steelers hating, Trans-Atlantic Browns fan. Annually disappointed since '88. Annually optimistic since '88. GO BROWNS!
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 6k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          That's just creepy...

                                          Please don't talk about me and spanking in the same sentence ok??

                                          You big homo.. 🙂

                                          HowieDawgH 1 Reply Last reply
                                          ❤
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate