***Browns VS Football Team Official Game Day Thread***
-
I remember the winless season. I remember the tears of our lone victory the following year. I remember being told patience as our team was the routine punchline every week.
I remember. And this ain't that.
Go Browns!
-
Some under the radar play...
I thought Tavierre Thomas played a good game. I recall a big tackle, no big play over him and heady recovery after hustling down the field. -
More of that please! Jump cut that ! ! ? will ya... D cords & lucky Mr. #91 Ryan Kerrigan... Roger Miller wrote you a song for your bus ride home.. Pass it on
-
Some under the radar play...
I thought Tavierre Thomas played a good game. I recall a big tackle, no big play over him and heady recovery after hustling down the field.Some under the radar play...
I thought Tavierre Thomas played a good game. I recall a big tackle, no big play over him and heady recovery after hustling down the field.Well said! I remember the tackle you are talking about yesterday; and I agree. I saw another really good tackle from Karl Joseph that I liked me quite a bit.
Even though we got rathoused in the opener, I thought we did a pretty good job of tackling especially considering the outcome. Baltimore's game plan found and exploited the mismatches in coverage. Mark Andrews was a nightmare for us like he'll be to everyone else. I never realized he had such a gigantic catch radius until I saw him reach up for that one. Harrison Bryant is gonna be like that in the near future.
When I see guys getting where the scheme needs them to be like the LBers in particular; they're usually in good position to make an open field tackle or an ideal form tackle. There were a couple examples of bad eye disciple where Takitaki got there late and over-ran the ball-carrier. All he could do was stick his arm out and the patty cake was denied. I saw another arm tackle from Goodson that was denied by the ball carrier for similar reasons I just mentioned (not quite as bad).
-
Yes.
Do we start planning the SB parade now that they've beaten two of the worst teams in the league? Check the Ravens game to see how they stack up against contenders.
Some people will never be happy. Regarding the Ravens game? You're playing one of the teams favored to go to the Super Bowl, with the same coaching staff and players... Browns? New coaching staff and systems on both offense and defense. No preseason, and hardly any practices to work on things. Baltimore had continuity, the Browns did not. Gipper and a bunch of the others have it right- you beat the teams you're supposed to beat and split with the playoff teams... The preseason power rankings had the Browns somewhere around #26, so yeah- let's play the #1 the ranked team on the road for an opening game. The schedule makers stuck it to the Browns royally for that one... I was hardly surprised the Browns got smoked....
Have to consider the opponent, but...
- 3 picks today... 2 by our "woeful" LB corps... including 1 by that 9th-yr pro who is not a vet.
- D allowed only 103 yd rushing including 22 by a WR on one reverse... so that's 81 by RBs and WSH has some good backs.
- 3 sacks including 2 with a trifecta by Miles "I'm just gettin' started here" Garrett
- Chubb goes for a buck + 08... Hunt adds another 46.
- Stef stuck with the run despite having issues getting going.
- Baker posts a very efficient 16/23 for 156 and 2 TDs with no turnovers.
- OBJ looked happy despite only 4 catches... routes looked crisp to boot...
- Ditto for Landry...
Nice game... nice W...
A win is a win... We can quibble what the score would have been if we didn't have a +5 in the turnover department. Was it 24 points off of turnovers? Thanks Dwayne for all your help..
PS- in the coaching department- night and day between Kevin and Freddie....
PPS- Damn covid wiped out my potential road trip to Dallas...
You know what else OBJ does consistently well that his critics don't want to give him credit for? He blocks people and takes pride in doing it.
What else does he do? Consistently draws double coverage leaving other guys open. Go watch the replay of the Hunt TD catch. Two Washington defenders were collapsing on OBJ, leaving Hunt open for an easy catch...
so yeah- let's play the #1 the ranked team on the road for an opening game. The schedule makers stuck it to the Browns royally for that one... I was hardly surprised the Browns got smoked....
I actually liked that we had to play against arguably the toughest team on our schedule week 1. Instead of potentially losing to an average team. The team woke up and responded to that loss.
-
Some under the radar play...
I thought Tavierre Thomas played a good game. I recall a big tackle, no big play over him and heady recovery after hustling down the field.Some under the radar play...
I thought Tavierre Thomas played a good game. I recall a big tackle, no big play over him and heady recovery after hustling down the field.Tavierre Thomas saved the damn day when he hustled after our first pick and fell on the fumble. He had another play that eludes me but I remember saying that I had to be nice to him now. Lol
-
-
-
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
-
Hooper 70.7, Wills 57.8, DE Joe Jackson 69.4, Goodson 84.4, Ronnie Harrison 46.3
Time to accept it: Wilson 36.9, Takitaki 34.0 .. as someone once said, they are who we thought they are
Good to see Joe Jackson steppin’ out...
Looking at the links though, l can’t follow how Chubb was graded as “replaceable” with a grade of 50 something.
-
Hooper 70.7, Wills 57.8, DE Joe Jackson 69.4, Goodson 84.4, Ronnie Harrison 46.3
Time to accept it: Wilson 36.9, Takitaki 34.0 .. as someone once said, they are who we thought they are
Good to see Joe Jackson steppin’ out...
Looking at the links though, l can’t follow how Chubb was graded as “replaceable” with a grade of 50 something.
Good to see Joe Jackson steppin’ out...
Only because pretty women were walking with gorillas down his street...
-
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
While yes, it certainly is too early to talk playoffs, Nevertheless, I will likely be starting my "If the Playoffs Started Today" threads after next weeks game.
Here is a preview:
AFC division leaders in at this point: Bills/Steelers/Titans/Chiefs. 5 teams tied at 2-1 for 3 WC spots: Browns, Ravens, Raiders, Colts, Pats. Based on just conference records.....Baltimore and NE would be in. Browns would be tied with Colts for the last spot, both 1-1 in conference. Raiders would be on the outside.
But...like you said...too early. (but not after next week!!)
-
-
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
For the Negative Nancy stuff about Baker. Anyone tune into the MNF game? Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either. He absolutely shredded a stout Ravens defense that gave us fits. I'll say it now- he's a Tom Brady with wheels, a better arm, and around a 1\2 second better reaction time... Besides being able to toss the rock 50+ yards effortlessly and with accuracy- there were a couple exceptional touch passes. Nice dodging the rush and rifling the ball to an open receiver too....
KC gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat the Ratbirds. Stop their run, and make Jackson beat you with his arm. (He's drastically improved in that department though.) Also, need outside contain so he can't beat you with his legs...
-
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
For the Negative Nancy stuff about Baker. Anyone tune into the MNF game? Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either. He absolutely shredded a stout Ravens defense that gave us fits. I'll say it now- he's a Tom Brady with wheels, a better arm, and around a 1\2 second better reaction time... Besides being able to toss the rock 50+ yards effortlessly and with accuracy- there were a couple exceptional touch passes. Nice dodging the rush and rifling the ball to an open receiver too....
KC gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat the Ratbirds. Stop their run, and make Jackson beat you with his arm. (He's drastically improved in that department though.) Also, need outside contain so he can't beat you with his legs...
For the Negative Nancy stuff about Baker. Anyone tune into the MNF game? Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either. He absolutely shredded a stout Ravens defense that gave us fits. I'll say it now- he's a Tom Brady with wheels, a better arm, and around a 1\2 second better reaction time... Besides being able to toss the rock 50+ yards effortlessly and with accuracy- there were a couple exceptional touch passes. Nice dodging the rush and rifling the ball to an open receiver too....
KC gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat the Ratbirds. Stop their run, and make Jackson beat you with his arm. (He's drastically improved in that department though.) Also, need outside contain so he can't beat you with his legs...
Jackson has shit accuracy after 15 yards.. He underthrew and whiffed on a lot of passes tonight... He can run his ass off and thats about it... He's a run first QB who won't be around long..
-
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
For the Negative Nancy stuff about Baker. Anyone tune into the MNF game? Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either. He absolutely shredded a stout Ravens defense that gave us fits. I'll say it now- he's a Tom Brady with wheels, a better arm, and around a 1\2 second better reaction time... Besides being able to toss the rock 50+ yards effortlessly and with accuracy- there were a couple exceptional touch passes. Nice dodging the rush and rifling the ball to an open receiver too....
KC gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat the Ratbirds. Stop their run, and make Jackson beat you with his arm. (He's drastically improved in that department though.) Also, need outside contain so he can't beat you with his legs...
Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either
Mahomes is in a whole different dimension. I've never seen anybody play the game like he does and makes it look so effortless, the game is too easy for him. I seen him rocket a pass to Kelce with pinpoint accuracy even though his feet weren't even on the ground. The dude is just nuts. I remember when Deshun Watson said he was the Michael Jordan of football, nope, Mahomes is the Jordan of football.
-
Reflecting on the game...
Sunday was a big step for us. To lose the lead, but then comeback even stronger... well... that's called learning how to win.
Not that we're in Grad school... or college... or even HS... maybe not even Jr High... but it was a start... even if it came against an inferior team.
Long way to go... talk of playoffs in 2020 is just ludicrous IMO... but even when that does happen (and it will happen dammit), then we have to learn to win there as well.
For now I'll take the elementary education that started Sunday in place of our advanced degree in Suckology: The Art of Finding New Ways to Lose.
For the Negative Nancy stuff about Baker. Anyone tune into the MNF game? Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either. He absolutely shredded a stout Ravens defense that gave us fits. I'll say it now- he's a Tom Brady with wheels, a better arm, and around a 1\2 second better reaction time... Besides being able to toss the rock 50+ yards effortlessly and with accuracy- there were a couple exceptional touch passes. Nice dodging the rush and rifling the ball to an open receiver too....
KC gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat the Ratbirds. Stop their run, and make Jackson beat you with his arm. (He's drastically improved in that department though.) Also, need outside contain so he can't beat you with his legs...
For the Negative Nancy stuff about Baker. Anyone tune into the MNF game? Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either. He absolutely shredded a stout Ravens defense that gave us fits. I'll say it now- he's a Tom Brady with wheels, a better arm, and around a 1\2 second better reaction time... Besides being able to toss the rock 50+ yards effortlessly and with accuracy- there were a couple exceptional touch passes. Nice dodging the rush and rifling the ball to an open receiver too....
KC gave everyone the blueprint on how to beat the Ratbirds. Stop their run, and make Jackson beat you with his arm. (He's drastically improved in that department though.) Also, need outside contain so he can't beat you with his legs...
Have to give some credit to Reid and Bieniemy. They had multiple perfect play calls down in the red zone for TDs. Masterful job on their part.
They’ve got weapons, an elite QB and a brilliant play caller, But a decent line. If you are going to challenge that team this year you need to do it with your front 4 and score points.
We had a pretty good thread in here on Ravens weeks on how to contain Lamar. We don’t have the ideal personnel This season But we can play keep away/ball control on offense and stick to a few fundamentals on D and pull a few stops. We will see if it happens down the road.
-
The Bolts showed you how to beat Baltimore. Tennessee and KC just copied it.
And the KC secondary isn't anything to write home about..
-
Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either
Mahomes is in a whole different dimension. I've never seen anybody play the game like he does and makes it look so effortless, the game is too easy for him. I seen him rocket a pass to Kelce with pinpoint accuracy even though his feet weren't even on the ground. The dude is just nuts. I remember when Deshun Watson said he was the Michael Jordan of football, nope, Mahomes is the Jordan of football.
Mahomes is in a whole different dimension. I've never seen anybody play the game like he does and makes it look so effortless, the game is too easy for him. I seen him rocket a pass to Kelce with pinpoint accuracy even though his feet weren't even on the ground. The dude is just nuts. I remember when Deshun Watson said he was the Michael Jordan of football, nope, Mahomes is the Jordan of football.
You can tell he has a baseball background, I would guess he played some shortstop in his past. His ability to throw from different arm angles, with his feet in different positions is not taught by football guys.
-
Yeah, Mayfield isn't Mahomes- but then again, no other QB currently in the NFL is either
Mahomes is in a whole different dimension. I've never seen anybody play the game like he does and makes it look so effortless, the game is too easy for him. I seen him rocket a pass to Kelce with pinpoint accuracy even though his feet weren't even on the ground. The dude is just nuts. I remember when Deshun Watson said he was the Michael Jordan of football, nope, Mahomes is the Jordan of football.
Mahomes is in a whole different dimension. I've never seen anybody play the game like he does and makes it look so effortless, the game is too easy for him. I seen him rocket a pass to Kelce with pinpoint accuracy even though his feet weren't even on the ground. The dude is just nuts. I remember when Deshun Watson said he was the Michael Jordan of football, nope, Mahomes is the Jordan of football.
I said this after I watched him in person against Denver in Mile High last year. He threw a rocket about 40 yards that never seemed much higher than 10-15 feet, bounced on
the ground and skidded what seemed another 30-40 yds before rolling dead. Never seen an arm that strong that looked like he was just wrist flicking it, though I know that
could not really be the case. It was more like watching a great golf shot that just clicks with perfect effortless timing yet goes 300+ yds. He won that game on a late TD drive
at the end.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login