On the HoF Inductions This Year
-
Obviously you're going to get great players every year. But one thing that stuck in my mind as I looked at the inductees is that if you were starting a franchise with players from the past 15-20 years and you wanted to have a great pass defense, you couldn't do much better than having Bruce Smith and Derrick Thomas pressuring the QB from the outside and Rod Woodson playing just about every position at DB. Like I said, every year you're going to see players that make you go, "Wow, I wish he was on my team," but I don't recall a class that included a guy representing every level of the defense.
Next year's class should include guys from the same period that you would want as skill players for your QB: Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, and Tim Brown (although I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer Cris Carter to Brown).
Dennis
-
Obviously you're going to get great players every year. But one thing that stuck in my mind as I looked at the inductees is that if you were starting a franchise with players from the past 15-20 years and you wanted to have a great pass defense, you couldn't do much better than having Bruce Smith and Derrick Thomas pressuring the QB from the outside and Rod Woodson playing just about every position at DB. Like I said, every year you're going to see players that make you go, "Wow, I wish he was on my team," but I don't recall a class that included a guy representing every level of the defense.
Next year's class should include guys from the same period that you would want as skill players for your QB: Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, and Tim Brown (although I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer Cris Carter to Brown).
Dennis
Tim Brown (although I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer Cris Carter to Brown).
Dennis
That is kind of like a no brainer to me. Cris Carter better go in before Tim Brown (and I am a Domer.) That just wouldn't make sense otherwise.
Good points on the inductees for defense this season. Man, Thomas and Smith rushing the passer? Wow.
-
Why would anybody think Tim Brown before Carter, are you serious?
I did this awhile back with Carter but his numbers are sick all time and he is probably considered to have the best hands ever.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login