Skip to content

Week 4: Browns @ da "Boyz Thread...

The Browns Board
106 26 2.8k
  • I hope we are “multiple”  Terrance Mitchell did a nice job and should get equal reps.

    can we plug in Ronnie Harrison????

  • The game depends upon our ability to defend the pass.  Whether by our DL or our DB's.  (in other words, our DL) 🙂

  • The game depends upon our ability to defend the pass.  Whether by our DL or our DB's.  (in other words, our DL) 🙂

    @orion said:

    The game depends upon our ability to defend the pass.  Whether by our DL or our DB's.  (in other words, our DL) 🙂

    Don't forget about Zeke and that rushing game. Zeke looks rejuvenated over 2019. And the Cowboys are right in the mix to win the NFC East which is just horrible. The Browns best hope is pounding Chubb and Hunt all game. You don't want to give Dak too much time hitting those 4 receivers. 

  • Our "unofficial" depth chart is out and surprise... it shows Vernon starting at LDE and Mack at the Will AND Greedy at RCB.

    Apparently we are about to see the team we signed up to see in 2020.

    image.png.64ddcb8425a911ab31c13ae342cf26e1.png

    image.png.0255e3a8c2f6b365d373e0e68d2b598a.png

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-cowboys

    @tour2ma said:

    Our "unofficial" depth chart is out and surprise... it shows Vernon starting at LDE and Mack at the Will AND Greedy at RCB.

    Apparently we are about to see the team we signed up to see in 2020.

    image.png.64ddcb8425a911ab31c13ae342cf26e1.png

    image.png.0255e3a8c2f6b365d373e0e68d2b598a.png

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-cowboys

    Does this mean Higgins is out of the Doghouse and will be active? 

    Who is going to return kicks/punts?  I wonder.  Peeps on there as well...will he be active?  And handle kicks? 

  • The game depends upon our ability to defend the pass.  Whether by our DL or our DB's.  (in other words, our DL) 🙂

    @orion said:

    The game depends upon our ability to defend the pass.  Whether by our DL or our DB's.  (in other words, our DL) 🙂

    also, the Cowboys have a top five offensive line - I think the key to the game is also ball control - keep their offense off the field.

    The Browns have a better defense I think. Browns ball control on long drives is a must.

  • @orion said:

    The game depends upon our ability to defend the pass.  Whether by our DL or our DB's.  (in other words, our DL) 🙂

    Don't forget about Zeke and that rushing game. Zeke looks rejuvenated over 2019. And the Cowboys are right in the mix to win the NFC East which is just horrible. The Browns best hope is pounding Chubb and Hunt all game. You don't want to give Dak too much time hitting those 4 receivers. 

    @icecube said:

    Don't forget about Zeke and that rushing game. Zeke looks rejuvenated over 2019.

    He does look lively, but da 'Boyz tree at LT, Tyron Smith, was out Sunday with a neck stinger he suffered in practice Thursday. He was missed in run-game and PassPro. SEA held him to 32 yards rushing.

    Plus we are 5th ranked against the run... granted we faced two less than stellar ground attacks, but we're 5th. Dallas? 25th vs. the run. So I think we can win the ball control game.

    Pass D? Dallas is 28th whereas we are 22nd. Again they played better Offenses in the aggregate than we have, but D-players have been falling to the wayside game-by-game.

    As I said a day or so ago... I like our chances.

  • I'm not liking this matchup. The Browns defense must show up especially in the run game. Baker is doing just enough to get it done, the Cowboys have the edge a QB. I have a feeling this game could go either way, but if it does go one way or the other, which ever team has the momentum is going to run away with it. 

  • N Neo

    I'm not liking this matchup. The Browns defense must show up especially in the run game. Baker is doing just enough to get it done, the Cowboys have the edge a QB. I have a feeling this game could go either way, but if it does go one way or the other, which ever team has the momentum is going to run away with it. 

    @neo said:

    which ever team has the momentum is going to run away with it. 

    Well... that would be us since we won last week and da 'Boyz not so much. 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    Our "unofficial" depth chart is out and surprise... it shows Vernon starting at LDE and Mack at the Will AND Greedy at RCB.

    Apparently we are about to see the team we signed up to see in 2020.

    image.png.64ddcb8425a911ab31c13ae342cf26e1.png

    image.png.0255e3a8c2f6b365d373e0e68d2b598a.png

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-cowboys

    Does this mean Higgins is out of the Doghouse and will be active? 

    Who is going to return kicks/punts?  I wonder.  Peeps on there as well...will he be active?  And handle kicks? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Does this mean Higgins

    I don't understand why Higgins isn't a part of this. He has good chemistry with Baker and that would just be another target for him to go to. Having OBJ, Landry, Hooper, And Higgins on the field at the same time would give DC's fits on who to cover. Guess it's my only gripe on Stefanski so far.

  • @neo said:

    which ever team has the momentum is going to run away with it. 

    Well... that would be us since we won last week and da 'Boyz not so much. 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... that would be us since we won last week and da 'Boyz not so much. 😉

    I just don't feel either team will be really dominant. Both teams have A+ run games so I could see the one team that gets it going could run away with it because the other teams D will be gassed.

  • Let's reverse the Cowgirls.

    Why Do Men Find Reverse Cowgirl Sex 'Fant-Ass-Tic' - DKODING

  • N Neo

    I'm not liking this matchup. The Browns defense must show up especially in the run game. Baker is doing just enough to get it done, the Cowboys have the edge a QB. I have a feeling this game could go either way, but if it does go one way or the other, which ever team has the momentum is going to run away with it. 

    @neo said:

    Baker is doing just enough to get it done, the Cowboys have the edge a QB

    Don't worry be happy

  • N Neo

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... that would be us since we won last week and da 'Boyz not so much. 😉

    I just don't feel either team will be really dominant. Both teams have A+ run games so I could see the one team that gets it going could run away with it because the other teams D will be gassed.

    @neo said:

    I just don't feel either team will be really dominant.

    We agree here... and a " 😉 " at the end of my momentum comment might have been helpful.

    As for Higgins... he was then and this is now. Apparently Hodge has outworked him and shown enough to be the #3 WR... plus Baker and he have shown a little chemistry as well.

    As for the #4 JoJo was brining something Higgins doesn't have... raw speed in an elusive small package. With him sidelined now Higgins looks to be the #4. So expect to see him in 4 WR sets and spelling Nos. 1 thru 3 as needed in 3 WR sets. If our ground game has been established tho, 3 and 4 WRs sets will be few.

  • N Neo

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... that would be us since we won last week and da 'Boyz not so much. 😉

    I just don't feel either team will be really dominant. Both teams have A+ run games so I could see the one team that gets it going could run away with it because the other teams D will be gassed.

    @neo said:

    I just don't feel either team will be really dominant. Both teams have A+ run games so I could see the one team that gets it going could run away with it because the other teams D will be gassed.

    Don't sleep on those WRs and Dak: Cooper, Gallup, CeeDee. Dak's tossing 420 a game. The Browns will need to put up 30+ to win, I am guessing. 

  • N Neo

    @the-gipper said:

    Does this mean Higgins

    I don't understand why Higgins isn't a part of this. He has good chemistry with Baker and that would just be another target for him to go to. Having OBJ, Landry, Hooper, And Higgins on the field at the same time would give DC's fits on who to cover. Guess it's my only gripe on Stefanski so far.

    @neo said:

    I don't understand why Higgins isn't a part of this. He has good chemistry with Baker and that would just be another target for him to go to. Having OBJ, Landry, Hooper, And Higgins on the field at the same time would give DC's fits on who to cover. Guess it's my only gripe on Stefanski so far.

    Well there's two coaches now who aren't high on Higgins. Must be a practice thing. Maybe he's not running routes correctly.

    I really don't care, just get Ws. 

  • The most important question is...

    Do I put Landry on my fantasy roster this week?

    It says the Dallas gives the 2nd most points to WR and I have Devin Singletary facing the Las Vegas Raiders, which is the team which gives the most points to RB, but I have both on the bench for the moment...

    It's a sincere question, I play against my brother this weekend... Decisions, decisions... 

    image.thumb.png.8ed92ef2131487d029cd837d6a575301.png

  • A #2 WR vs. a #1 RB? C'mon, man...

    Bigger question is who do you sit to start either of them? Are you worried about Adams Monday nite?

  • Our injury report thru today...

    Groin injuries must be transmissible...

    image.thumb.png.c008bdaa3fd63f7259a71a8592c159da.png

    .. and da "Boyz'...

    image.thumb.png.90682bc47f5c985102076e6e89953fb3.png

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/injuries

  • @tour2ma said:

    Our "unofficial" depth chart is out and surprise... it shows Vernon starting at LDE and Mack at the Will AND Greedy at RCB.

    Apparently we are about to see the team we signed up to see in 2020.

    image.png.64ddcb8425a911ab31c13ae342cf26e1.png

    image.png.0255e3a8c2f6b365d373e0e68d2b598a.png

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-cowboys

    Does this mean Higgins is out of the Doghouse and will be active? 

    Who is going to return kicks/punts?  I wonder.  Peeps on there as well...will he be active?  And handle kicks? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Does this mean Higgins is out of the Doghouse and will be active? 

    Who is going to return kicks/punts?  I wonder.  Peeps on there as well...will he be active?  And handle kicks? 

    How is the production of Peeps vs. Claypool going so far? He's not even active? I'm pretty sure Claypool is. 

  • This is an interesting matchup for the Browns.

    The Ravens were about as bad an opening game for a team with a new coaching staff to have to play, which were followed up by two 2021 top 5 drafting teams with green QBs.

    We'll get a really good idea of what the Browns are after Sunday's game.