Week 4: Browns @ da "Boyz Thread...
-
I said when the schedule came out this could be one of our toughest games.
The past few years Dallas is either wildly good Super Bowl contender and then next week it is Hue Jackson Browns stuff and it looks like nothing more than a basement dwelling team. Who shows up Sunday?
The difference- They don’t have a defense this season and their Oline is beat up.
Aldon Smith is playing well.As is Dak and M. Gallup.
Their Safeties might be playing worse than our safety group.
if we take a run centric approach slow the game we will have a good chance. If the play calling is empty and have Mayfield slinging the ball around- we play in their hands.
-
It might very well be one of the toughest games - but this year, the Browns rank higher than the Cowboys in pass defense completion percentage..and some other defensive categories so far, in 2020
https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2020/reg/all
The Browns are ninth, and the Cowboys are fifteenth.
Glaring stat:
in yards per passing attempt - the Browns are SIXTH best, the Cowboys are 25th.
in passing yardage given up (click on the headings to resort the list), the Browns are way down the list with higher yardage given up, but the Cowboys are further down.
in TDs given up, the Browns and Cowboys are near the worst. not good. Except the Browns have a new coaching staff and a new defense, and injuries, so there is that.
in Interceptions, the Browns are tenth with getting 3, the Cowboys are all the way down the list at 29th.
In passing percentage vs our defense - our Browns defense is 14th best, the Cowboys are 31st.
-
Why would anyone think this would be the Browns toughest game, when obviously they play the Ratfuckers twice... the Steelers who may or may not be any good. Titans who are probably about as good as any team right now.
I will only say: they may seemingly be the toughest team out of the NFCE that we will play....as that entire division is a probable shitstorm.
-
https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/schedAdjQBR/dir/desc
qb ratings - Baker Mayfield is ninth best, Dak is eighth best. And Dak didn't have to face the ratbirds the first game out, with no preseason and a new coaching staff and new offense.
Btw, if you reverse the order, Dwayne Haskins is the worst. Tom Brady is SIXTh worst by way, so far. lol
Again, I'd hit Dallas with a bomb to ODB on the first play of the game, get the safeties back on their heels, then
start picking them apart with runs and short/medium range passes. Throw to our TE's more, and
then start pounding on them.
The Cowboys have run the ball a LOT of plays, the Browns are far more balanced. I think the balanced attack wins.
-
Why would anyone think this would be the Browns toughest game, when obviously they play the Ratfuckers twice... the Steelers who may or may not be any good. Titans who are probably about as good as any team right now.
I will only say: they may seemingly be the toughest team out of the NFCE that we will play....as that entire division is a probable shitstorm.
Why would anyone think this would be the Browns toughest game, when obviously they play the Ratfuckers twice... the Steelers who may or may not be any good. Titans who are probably about as good as any team right now.
I will only say: they may seemingly be the toughest team out of the NFCE that we will play....as that entire division is a probable shitstorm.
well, that would make the cowboys maybe the 4th toughest? I personally don't think so per the stats - but we'll see.
-
https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/schedAdjQBR/dir/desc
qb ratings - Baker Mayfield is ninth best, Dak is eighth best. And Dak didn't have to face the ratbirds the first game out, with no preseason and a new coaching staff and new offense.
Btw, if you reverse the order, Dwayne Haskins is the worst. Tom Brady is SIXTh worst by way, so far. lol
Again, I'd hit Dallas with a bomb to ODB on the first play of the game, get the safeties back on their heels, then
start picking them apart with runs and short/medium range passes. Throw to our TE's more, and
then start pounding on them.
The Cowboys have run the ball a LOT of plays, the Browns are far more balanced. I think the balanced attack wins.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/schedAdjQBR/dir/desc
qb ratings - Baker Mayfield is ninth best, Dak is eighth best. And Dak didn't have to face the ratbirds the first game out, with no preseason and a new coaching staff and new offense.
Btw, if you reverse the order, Dwayne Haskins is the worst. Tom Brady is SIXTh worst by way, so far. lol
Again, I'd hit Dallas with a bomb to ODB on the first play of the game, get the safeties back on their heels, then
start picking them apart with runs and short/medium range passes. Throw to our TE's more, and
then start pounding on them.
The Cowboys have run the ball a LOT of plays, the Browns are far more balanced. I think the balanced attack wins.
Actually Dak does have a new coaching staff....McCarthy took over this year. And I assume he may have brought a new system with him.
-
Why would anyone think this would be the Browns toughest game, when obviously they play the Ratfuckers twice... the Steelers who may or may not be any good. Titans who are probably about as good as any team right now.
I will only say: they may seemingly be the toughest team out of the NFCE that we will play....as that entire division is a probable shitstorm.
well, that would make the cowboys maybe the 4th toughest? I personally don't think so per the stats - but we'll see.
-
I think we need to prepare ourselves for the very real possibility of getting our ass blown apart in Dallas. We couldn't make Washington, Cincinnati, or Baltimore punt the ball. We can't get off the field on 3rd down, and more concerning, we don't get off the field on 4th down. I think our defense is 0-7 on 4th downs this season, and it's unacceptable. I'm not talking about 4th and inches where the QBs lean forward and it's difficult to stop...I'm talking about 4th and 4 or so.
Is there a path to victory for us? Of course, Dallas sure isn't the Chiefs right now, and the funny thing is that they're literally an onsides kick away from 0-3. That's crazy! Atlanta falls on that rolling football and BOOM....Dallas' season is basically over. The crazy thing about Dallas is they're the opposite of us. They can throw it all over the place whenever they want to, and it's terrifying to think about what they'll do to our pass defense.
I re-watched the Washington game and our pass defense was worse than you think. Yes, the INT's were a thing of beauty and greatly contributed to us winning the game. Not only that, but our offense was able to convert the 3 picks into 3 TDs. THAT'S what good teams do, fellas. You guys remember that one year we started out with like 6 turnovers against Pittsburgh and still tied? I don't have the stats on me, but that team WAS MISERABLE at converting turnovers to points.
Back to the pass defense. So yes, not good at all. The truly concerning thing to me was watching Ward get burnt for a TD by a lesser WR. People want to blame Sendajo, but it wasn't his fault. I know he's injured, but dang man. That's not the worst part, the worst part is that our defense still has too many times when nobody knows what's going on. I saw multiple times when our defense was doing all kinds of hand motions and waving and then a receiver would scamper across the field unguarded. The guys didn't know what was going on.
Furthermore, we give up WAY too many yards on the horizontal pass bullshit. When an NFL offense has to start throwing that quick horizontal throw for the WR screen, that means the coach can't trust him to do anything else (ahem, Darnold). But you know what? We absolutely SUCK at guarding it. Every time we run that shit we get stuffed, yet whenever someone else runs it against us it's a success. That CAN'T keep happening. We must shed blocks and tackle.
Most analysts are picking Dallas to crush us pretty easily, and I get why they're saying that. I don't see a scenario where we stop their offense, and M not totally sold on our ability to score enough points to win. That being said, we've put up 30 points back to back, so perhaps we do have the juice needed to keep pace. I'll tell you this, if Baker is dialed in from the get go again, we have a chance. It's time for a huge defensive TD, OBJ and Jarvis to get theirs, and a 70 yard run from Chubb.
I think we need to prepare ourselves for the very real possibility of getting our ass blown apart in Dallas. We couldn't make Washington, Cincinnati, or Baltimore punt the ball. We can't get off the field on 3rd down, and more concerning, we don't get off the field on 4th down. I think our defense is 0-7 on 4th downs this season, and it's unacceptable. I'm not talking about 4th and inches where the QBs lean forward and it's difficult to stop...I'm talking about 4th and 4 or so.
Is there a path to victory for us? Of course, Dallas sure isn't the Chiefs right now, and the funny thing is that they're literally an onsides kick away from 0-3. That's crazy! Atlanta falls on that rolling football and BOOM....Dallas' season is basically over. The crazy thing about Dallas is they're the opposite of us. They can throw it all over the place whenever they want to, and it's terrifying to think about what they'll do to our pass defense.
I re-watched the Washington game and our pass defense was worse than you think. Yes, the INT's were a thing of beauty and greatly contributed to us winning the game. Not only that, but our offense was able to convert the 3 picks into 3 TDs. THAT'S what good teams do, fellas. You guys remember that one year we started out with like 6 turnovers against Pittsburgh and still tied? I don't have the stats on me, but that team WAS MISERABLE at converting turnovers to points.
Back to the pass defense. So yes, not good at all. The truly concerning thing to me was watching Ward get burnt for a TD by a lesser WR. People want to blame Sendajo, but it wasn't his fault. I know he's injured, but dang man. That's not the worst part, the worst part is that our defense still has too many times when nobody knows what's going on. I saw multiple times when our defense was doing all kinds of hand motions and waving and then a receiver would scamper across the field unguarded. The guys didn't know what was going on.
Furthermore, we give up WAY too many yards on the horizontal pass bullshit. When an NFL offense has to start throwing that quick horizontal throw for the WR screen, that means the coach can't trust him to do anything else (ahem, Darnold). But you know what? We absolutely SUCK at guarding it. Every time we run that shit we get stuffed, yet whenever someone else runs it against us it's a success. That CAN'T keep happening. We must shed blocks and tackle.
Most analysts are picking Dallas to crush us pretty easily, and I get why they're saying that. I don't see a scenario where we stop their offense, and M not totally sold on our ability to score enough points to win. That being said, we've put up 30 points back to back, so perhaps we do have the juice needed to keep pace. I'll tell you this, if Baker is dialed in from the get go again, we have a chance. It's time for a huge defensive TD, OBJ and Jarvis to get theirs, and a 70 yard run from Chubb.
Even if Dallas had lost the ATL game, their season would not have been over. The other 3 teams in the east are total bums. But, Dallas rushing D is weak as hell. The Browns SHOULD be able to rush Chubb and Hunt all day. If the Browns don't turn the ball over, but Dallas does, it could go well.
-
It might very well be one of the toughest games - but this year, the Browns rank higher than the Cowboys in pass defense completion percentage..and some other defensive categories so far, in 2020
https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2020/reg/all
The Browns are ninth, and the Cowboys are fifteenth.
Glaring stat:
in yards per passing attempt - the Browns are SIXTH best, the Cowboys are 25th.
in passing yardage given up (click on the headings to resort the list), the Browns are way down the list with higher yardage given up, but the Cowboys are further down.
in TDs given up, the Browns and Cowboys are near the worst. not good. Except the Browns have a new coaching staff and a new defense, and injuries, so there is that.
in Interceptions, the Browns are tenth with getting 3, the Cowboys are all the way down the list at 29th.
In passing percentage vs our defense - our Browns defense is 14th best, the Cowboys are 31st.
It might very well be one of the toughest games - but this year, the Browns rank higher than the Cowboys in pass defense completion percentage..and some other defensive categories so far, in 2020
https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2020/reg/all
The Browns are ninth, and the Cowboys are fifteenth.
Glaring stat:
in yards per passing attempt - the Browns are SIXTH best, the Cowboys are 25th.
in passing yardage given up (click on the headings to resort the list), the Browns are way down the list with higher yardage given up, but the Cowboys are further down.
in TDs given up, the Browns and Cowboys are near the worst. not good. Except the Browns have a new coaching staff and a new defense, and injuries, so there is that.
in Interceptions, the Browns are tenth with getting 3, the Cowboys are all the way down the list at 29th.
In passing percentage vs our defense - our Browns defense is 14th best, the Cowboys are 31st.
Goff, Ryan and IMO the MVP Russell Wilson.
Opposed to our opposition
The Runner, The Rookie and Should still be at OSU guy
-
So, what do you think? It feels it's closer to a push, than Cowboys favored by 4.5. Who knows, I'd probably not bet it. It's not out of the realm that Browns win outright.
So, what do you think? It feels it's closer to a push, than Cowboys favored by 4.5. Who knows, I'd probably not bet it. It's not out of the realm that Browns win outright.
Three points are pretty much automatic for the home field... although with limited or no fan attendance less would seem appropriate.
Beyond that you have to remember that oddsmakers aren't predicting a margin of victory... they are predicting the spread that will induce pretty much 50/50 betting. Here that prediction was 5.0 to open, but quickly dropped to 4.5 to pull a little more to the DAL side of the ledger... basically giving DAL backers what would have been a push. Pretty good job here as opposed to tonite's game which has given touts whiplash.
Denver

-
Well.... somebody likes us...
Anyone know this Bill Bender guy?
NFL picks, predictions for Week 4: Browns upset Cowboys; Packers, Bears stay unbeaten
Bill Bender 7 hrs ago- Cleveland Browns at Dallas Cowboys (-4.5)
Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX
Cleveland has taken care of business in two games since an embarrassing Week 1 loss, and that Nick Chubb-Kareem Hunt tandem should work against Dallas' run defense. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott will keep the Cowboys going, but Baker Mayfield and Myles Garrett — both Texas natives — will match those big plays in a turning-point game for both teams.
Pick: Browns 34, Cowboys 31
-
Agreed -- Cowboys are better. " arguably the best trio of starting wide receivers in the NFL"
Let's see how they finish...
Let's see how they finish...
Cowboys are #1 in passing yards at present.. Browns are 30th. // Cowboys top 3 WR's are 8th, 13th, 16th in receiving yards at present // browns #1 is 46th.
-
I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.
I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure.
It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.
-
I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.
I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure.
It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.
I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.
I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure.
It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.
Yeah, it kind of feels like one of those directional games. If we win, we're going somewhere, if not, maybe we're not ready. We're starting a horrid 3 game stretch right now and have to take at least one of them, if not two. I'm obviously not saying the season is lost if we can't pull it off, but this game will likely tell us a lot about where we are. To me, it feels like their offense is too much for us, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I just can't see us making them punt, lol. I bet we've forced the fewest punts in the league.
-
this game is very winnable.
-
I am taking the Boys and -4. This is a very winnable game for the Browns. It is not a must win. Next week is big game the week after is a huge game.
I think Dak and M. Gallup have a big day. I think in the Up and down Cowboys world of play we’ll get the super bowl contending Cowboys. If Ward plays we will probably see him over Cooper but Gallup is playing really well. The Cowboys pose enough threat with Zeke although the ground game has not been going well. T. Smith looks like he’s back they will slide Martin inside again. The Cowboy weapons are a problem.
I say this is winnable because honestly we could line up and make this game ugly on offense and take some shots deep on their safeties and really do damage. This is not a cowboys defense that they are used to seeing. Are we going to do this for four quarters? Or are we going to see Dallas moving the ball and scoring and become impatient? I see panic and I see Baker slinging 35 balls and throwing a few picks.
I’d be happy to be wrong but 34-23 Cowboys.
-
Ward, Hunt, and OBJ playing, but no Greedy or Clayborne. I didn't check on Vernon, but I seriously doubt he's playing, but I do know he tried to practice so we'll see.
Does anybody have stats on how many times we forced teams to punt? I can barely think of more than a couple times when we actually forced people to kick it away! Lol. Anyway, Dallas reporters are basically all saying that their team is awful and the Browns are going to beat them. I actually think this game favors Dallas so much that it isn't funny. Unfortunately, I feel the way about this game that I felt about Ravens game. I'm not a betting man, but I'd be all over that 4.5 spread. I'm 3-0 this year but would be ecstatic to be 3-1. Cmon Browns!
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login