Skip to content

Week 4: Browns @ da "Boyz Thread...

The Browns Board
106 26 2.8k
  • Well.... somebody likes us...

    Anyone know this Bill Bender guy?

    Sporting News

    NFL picks, predictions for Week 4: Browns upset Cowboys; Packers, Bears stay unbeaten

    Bill Bender  7 hrs ago
    • Cleveland Browns at Dallas Cowboys (-4.5)  

    Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX 

    Cleveland has taken care of business in two games since an embarrassing Week 1 loss, and that Nick Chubb-Kareem Hunt tandem should work against Dallas' run defense. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott will keep the Cowboys going, but Baker Mayfield and Myles Garrett — both Texas natives — will match those big plays in a turning-point game for both teams.  

    Pick: Browns 34, Cowboys 31 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Agreed -- Cowboys are better.  " arguably the best trio of starting wide receivers in the NFL"

    Let's see how they finish...

    @nickers said:

    Let's see how they finish...

    Cowboys are #1 in passing yards at present.. Browns are 30th. // Cowboys top 3 WR's are 8th, 13th, 16th in receiving yards at present // browns #1 is 46th.

  • I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.

    I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure. 

    It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.

  • I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.

    I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure. 

    It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.

    @bob806 said:

    I'm not one for point spreads either. On paper, Dallas is the better team, but I think the Browns can upset 'em.

    I think it's a big game for the Browns. Find a way to win it, the players will believe in the coaching staff for sure. 

    It would be really great if the Browns had a game winning drive at the end to seal it. Confidence soars, then who knows what the rest of the season.

    Yeah, it kind of feels like one of those directional games. If we win, we're going somewhere, if not, maybe we're not ready. We're starting a horrid 3 game stretch right now and have to take at least one of them, if not two. I'm obviously not saying the season is lost if we can't pull it off, but this game will likely tell us a lot about where we are. To me, it feels like their offense is too much for us, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. I just can't see us making them punt, lol. I bet we've forced the fewest punts in the league. 

  • this game is very winnable.

  • I am taking the Boys and -4.  This is a very winnable game for the Browns.  It is not a must win.  Next week is big game the week after is a huge game. 

    I think Dak and M. Gallup have a big day.  I think in the Up and down Cowboys world of play we’ll get the super bowl contending Cowboys.  If Ward plays we will probably see him over Cooper but Gallup is playing really well.  The Cowboys pose enough threat with Zeke although the ground game has not been going well.  T. Smith looks like he’s back they will slide Martin inside again.  The Cowboy weapons are a problem. 

    I say this is winnable because honestly we could line up and make this game ugly on offense and take some shots deep on their safeties and really do damage.  This is not a cowboys defense that they are used to seeing.  Are we going to do this for four quarters?  Or are we going to see Dallas moving the ball and scoring and become impatient?  I see panic and I see Baker slinging 35 balls and throwing a few picks. 
     

    I’d be happy to be wrong but 34-23 Cowboys.

  • Nice to have Mack Wilson back, able to drop into coverage, a big +  didn't they just sign Dontrell Hilliard back, he did pretty well on KR.

  • Ward, Hunt, and OBJ playing, but no Greedy or Clayborne. I didn't check on Vernon, but I seriously doubt he's playing, but I do know he tried to practice so we'll see. 

    Does anybody have stats on how many times we forced teams to punt? I can barely think of more than a couple times when we actually forced people to kick it away! Lol. Anyway, Dallas reporters are basically all saying that their team is awful and the Browns are going to beat them. I actually think this game favors Dallas so much that it isn't funny. Unfortunately, I feel the way about this game that I felt about Ravens game. I'm not a betting man, but I'd be all over that 4.5 spread. I'm 3-0 this year but would be ecstatic to be 3-1. Cmon Browns! 

  • Latest injury update...

    image.thumb.png.1b062642838f1c446ed509dfe7581792.png

  • Ward, Hunt, and OBJ playing, but no Greedy or Clayborne. I didn't check on Vernon, but I seriously doubt he's playing, but I do know he tried to practice so we'll see. 

    Does anybody have stats on how many times we forced teams to punt? I can barely think of more than a couple times when we actually forced people to kick it away! Lol. Anyway, Dallas reporters are basically all saying that their team is awful and the Browns are going to beat them. I actually think this game favors Dallas so much that it isn't funny. Unfortunately, I feel the way about this game that I felt about Ravens game. I'm not a betting man, but I'd be all over that 4.5 spread. I'm 3-0 this year but would be ecstatic to be 3-1. Cmon Browns! 

    @jiggins7919 said:

     I didn't check on Vernon, but I seriously doubt he's playing, but I do know he tried to practice so we'll see. 

    Vernon was not listed on the latest two injury reports, so I'm assuming he's a go...

  • I think the browns can beat anybody when they play complimentary ball. CLE Offense is top 10 in red zone scoring, we have a decent chance to score a lot of points. What we NEED is turnovers. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    If Ward can't go, we will need Greedy to come back and fill the void. Dallas receivers are fast.

    Yeah... But they're not Landry and Beckham..

    @nickers said:

    Yeah... But they're not Landry and Beckham..

    CeeDee, Cooper, Gallup and now Wilson. Add in some Zeke. They will be a challenge. 

  • The spread is now 5. Apparently more bets were going on the Dallas side at -4.5.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

     I didn't check on Vernon, but I seriously doubt he's playing, but I do know he tried to practice so we'll see. 

    Vernon was not listed on the latest two injury reports, so I'm assuming he's a go...

    @tour2ma said:

    Vernon was not listed on the latest two injury reports, so I'm assuming he's a go...

    Yep. He's definitely playing, which is great news because Clayborne is out for certain. Really sucks because Clayborne had a 6 sack game against Dak in that building, hehe. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Vernon was not listed on the latest two injury reports, so I'm assuming he's a go...

    Yep. He's definitely playing, which is great news because Clayborne is out for certain. Really sucks because Clayborne had a 6 sack game against Dak in that building, hehe. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep. He's definitely playing, which is great news because Clayborne is out for certain. Really sucks because Clayborne had a 6 sack game against Dak in that building, hehe. 

    It is would be nice to have our top pick last year.   Last year was lovely when we started out with some strong offensive opponents and we had hamstring strains keep guys out Five weeks.  Looks like a repeat of last year. 

    id like this new regime to draft strong physical corners.  

  • Browns going Color Rush this Sunday vs the Cowboys. 

  • Browns going Color Rush this Sunday vs the Cowboys. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Browns going Color Rush this Sunday vs the Cowboys. 

    What color? 

  • Well in shock of shocks 5 of 5 of da 'Boyz beat-writers pick DAL to win. ?

    But at least only three had them beating the 4.5 point spread. One effectively took us and the points. ANd the 5th, the one with no balls, did not predict a final score other that they'd win and put up 30+ points.

    I actually think this is going to be a lower scoring game than most with neither team reaching 30 due to our ball control and their persistence in trying to establish a ground game.

    I'm already getting psyched for this one....

  • It's strange to see us being picked to win this game by so many people. I personally don't see it, but I guess I could construct an argument for why we would pull it out. I also think we're due for some holding penalties, which I know sounds weird, but we've gotten away with several at key times, and that luck can't "hold" hehe. Much of what I said can be found in some of the recent articles, and some of it is my opinion. I want to be wrong on this one, but I can't talk myself into it. I think we lose, and kind of lose big. (but there is that niggling thought in the back of my head that sees Chubb and Hunt going bananas and OBJ getting loose deep often) 

    Browns - 23

    Cowboys - 34