DA's Brown team vs Quinn's White team
-
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...sts_entire.html
Derek Anderson is playing for the Brown squad, behind the line of Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Alex Mack, Floyd Womack and John St. Clair. His team included Braylon Edwards, Jamal Lewis, Mohamed Massaquoi and Mike Furrey. Daboll will be calling the plays for the Brown team.
Quinn was playing for the white team behind a line that included center Hank Fraley and right tackle Ryan Tucker. Brian Robiskie, Josh Cribbs, Steve Heiden and Jerome Harrison were some of his skill players. On defense, the white team featured Abe Elam, Shaun Rogers, Kamerion Wimbley, Eric Barton, D'Qwell Jackson, Brodney Pool and Eric Barton.
-----
So, does anyone else feel it looks like DA has the potential starting O-line and skill players? Seems like more of them at least.
-
Yep. It looks to me like it's set up as 1's vs. 1's and 2's vs. 2's. The whole Brown team vs. White team setup just provides cover, so the team doesn't have to admit that an unofficial depth chart's already beginning to form.
(I mean this more in reference to positions other than QB)
-
Yea that white team defense sure looks like the two's to me.
You people need to flippen relax man lol
-
Yep. It looks to me like it's set up as 1's vs. 1's and 2's vs. 2's. The whole Brown team vs. White team setup just provides cover, so the team doesn't have to admit that an unofficial depth chart's already beginning to form.
(I mean this more in reference to positions other than QB)
Aloysius said:
Yep. It looks to me like it's set up as 1's vs. 1's and 2's vs. 2's. The whole Brown team vs. White team setup just provides cover, so the team doesn't have to admit that an unofficial depth chart's already beginning to form.I agree Aloysius white team is just a cover it tells us DA is currently somewhat in the lead in the staffs mind even though it actually means little until the preseason and live pressure gets underway and then we will see if DA has improved enough to lead this club or rather he still defeats himself with bad habits/decisions and quinn emerges as the general in command in live combat...either way...GO BROWNS!

-
Yea that white team defense sure looks like the two's to me.
You people need to flippen relax man lol
SoupDawg said:
Yea that white team defense sure looks like the two's to me...Right, it looks like a #1 D for white and a #1 O for Brown, thus #1 D plays the #1 O.
Agree this may be reading into it, but looks depth-ish to me.
-
SoupDawg said:
Yea that white team defense sure looks like the two's to me...Right, it looks like a #1 D for white and a #1 O for Brown, thus #1 D plays the #1 O.
Agree this may be reading into it, but looks depth-ish to me.
Right, it looks like a #1 D for white and a #1 O for Brown, thus #1 D plays the #1 O.
Agree this may be reading into it, but looks depth-ish to me.
Of coarse it does the coaches know it's obvious to the fans, there is no cover up they are playing a preseason game in a week. I'm sure after today the will release there depth chart. I thought I read they going to release it this week anyway.
-
No doubt that is 1's vs 1's, and I guess Tucker is the surprise for me, although his injury history makes him better off the bench I guess.
I am just ready for these guys to rock and roll, and I really wouldn't be disappointed if the D stomps the O. We'll see how Mack does against Rogers and Co. in a "live" competition.
I didn't see James Davis anywhere, but I assume he is with DA.
-
Is there any TV coverage of this today?
I would watch; but this is the only off day Lister Jr has away from football so he is all about relaxation and everything non football lol
-
I gotta feeling the only highlights from this will be really bad new coverage shots and STO from the sidelines angles. They'll probably replay the same plays over and over.
I'm working today or I would have went, but it would be nice to have a replay of the whole thing on somewhere. Maybe some nutbag diehard will tape it and put in on Youtube.
-
Hell yea, I'll be driving down to cleveland to see for myself. I agree the team looks a little stacked to me, though.

-
@shepwrite said:
It's pretty clearly the #1 O for the brown and #1 D for the white. That brown line has been starting for a few straight days and Edwards, M2, and Furrey have started at WR, too.To me, it's a signal that Anderson has the edge right now, going into "Round One."
Either that or it was the only way to make the teams fair. You never know, they may be trying to win?
-
@shepwrite said:
It's pretty clearly the #1 O for the brown and #1 D for the white. That brown line has been starting for a few straight days and Edwards, M2, and Furrey have started at WR, too.To me, it's a signal that Anderson has the edge right now, going into "Round One."
Either that or it was the only way to make the teams fair. You never know, they may be trying to win?
AdaM said:
Either that or it was the only way to make the teams fair. You never know, they may be trying to win?Right! White drafted first and picked the better QB!
You're sellin' & I'm buyin'!
-
DA is the incumbant but just maybe Mangini wants to see for himself, under game conditions how he performs... DA has always looked great in shorts but has had some problems when the lights came on...
Wish I could be there today and am anxiously awaiting any reports from fellow Browns fans...
Peace
T.Dawg
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login