Skip to content

Nick Chubb Update

The Browns Board
28 15 887
  • Chubb is awesome, he is a prototypical Browns running back that the team has been missing for years. He is humble and supremely talented and hope to see this young man back on the field not for the Browns sake, but because he is an awesome human being and I want to see him succeed. 

  • He's my favorite player of the team, the Silent Killer. I wish he gets back on the field 100% for a big season finale run. 

  • He's my favorite player of the team, the Silent Killer. I wish he gets back on the field 100% for a big season finale run. 

    @nero said:

    He's my favorite player of the team, the Silent Killer. I wish he gets back on the field 100% for a big season finale run. 

    Chubb and Hunt both seem like such complimentary players with each meeting the other on the sidelines after a particularly successful drive regardless after either one scores. Rare that two such talented players are both also such unselfish players. Chubb was humbled by his injury in college and Hunt by his experience being released by KC. And then you go to third string where a guy lifted off a fishing boat experience in Key West is running just like the other two ahead of him. This is a fun group of guys and I'm glad we kept 4 of 'em for 1 position. Always have fresh talented legs in the game. It makes a difference.

  • I can't help thinking that the Nick Chubb jersey I ordered right after the "new" uniform reveal back in late March/early April... that came last week, had something to do with this. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can't help thinking that the Nick Chubb jersey I ordered right after the "new" uniform reveal back in late March/early April... that came last week, had something to do with this. ?

    It absolutely did, thanks for nothing man (kidding of course)

    Rest up Nick. I haven't enjoyed watching a guy play this position in a looong time. That "downhill with speed" game is just amazing to view and vision is elite. All you can hope is he doesn't get timid with another knee, but I don't get that vibe from him.

  • @nero said:

    He's my favorite player of the team, the Silent Killer. I wish he gets back on the field 100% for a big season finale run. 

    Chubb and Hunt both seem like such complimentary players with each meeting the other on the sidelines after a particularly successful drive regardless after either one scores. Rare that two such talented players are both also such unselfish players. Chubb was humbled by his injury in college and Hunt by his experience being released by KC. And then you go to third string where a guy lifted off a fishing boat experience in Key West is running just like the other two ahead of him. This is a fun group of guys and I'm glad we kept 4 of 'em for 1 position. Always have fresh talented legs in the game. It makes a difference.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Chubb was humbled by his injury in college

    I don't think so, I think he was already humble. He didn't seem to have any problem being second fiddle to Sony Michel. Hunt on the other hand I think learned from a mistake he made. That is an absolute crime for us to get Nick Chubb AND Kareem Hunt on the same team. And we got him for practically nothing.

  • N Neo

    @texasag1969 said:

    Chubb was humbled by his injury in college

    I don't think so, I think he was already humble. He didn't seem to have any problem being second fiddle to Sony Michel. Hunt on the other hand I think learned from a mistake he made. That is an absolute crime for us to get Nick Chubb AND Kareem Hunt on the same team. And we got him for practically nothing.

    @neo said:

    I don't think so, I think he was already humble. He didn't seem to have any problem being second fiddle to Sony Michel.

    Actually Michel was his backup until he got that horrific injury. When he came back he never complained about being Michel's backup.

  • I heard tonight on our local sports tv that they anticipate him being out about 3 games or so...... time to get the schedule out.

  • @neo said:

    I don't think so, I think he was already humble. He didn't seem to have any problem being second fiddle to Sony Michel.

    Actually Michel was his backup until he got that horrific injury. When he came back he never complained about being Michel's backup.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually Michel was his backup until he got that horrific injury. When he came back he never complained about being Michel's backup.

    I'm not that big on college football. When I seen him play in college it was probably after the injury.

  • N Neo

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually Michel was his backup until he got that horrific injury. When he came back he never complained about being Michel's backup.

    I'm not that big on college football. When I seen him play in college it was probably after the injury.

    @neo said:

    I'm not that big on college football. When I seen him play in college it was probably after the injury.

    Last year he actually showed what he had been pre-injury. The pure speed was back along with ability to drive through tackles. Vision was always there even when he first played again at Georgia. I know you don't keep up with my posts, but in the draft I was more than happy to take either of those two, but Michel went as the last player in round one to NE. I was absolutely elated to get Chubb where we did, because I knew the potential to regain everything he had that would eventually mean all that speed too. He was a great draft pick and I was on cloud nine. This injury will affect him some. I've had knee surgery and it took a full year to regain confidence on a RB court. Fortunately we can afford for him to take as much time as he needs without surgery to regain pre-injury status in practice so that we see the real Chubb upon his return.??

  • @neo said:

    I'm not that big on college football. When I seen him play in college it was probably after the injury.

    Last year he actually showed what he had been pre-injury. The pure speed was back along with ability to drive through tackles. Vision was always there even when he first played again at Georgia. I know you don't keep up with my posts, but in the draft I was more than happy to take either of those two, but Michel went as the last player in round one to NE. I was absolutely elated to get Chubb where we did, because I knew the potential to regain everything he had that would eventually mean all that speed too. He was a great draft pick and I was on cloud nine. This injury will affect him some. I've had knee surgery and it took a full year to regain confidence on a RB court. Fortunately we can afford for him to take as much time as he needs without surgery to regain pre-injury status in practice so that we see the real Chubb upon his return.??

    @texasag1969 said:

    Fortunately we can afford for him to take as much time as he needs without surgery to regain pre-injury status in practice so that we see the real Chubb upon his return.

    We can right now with 3 healthy alternatives... although Hunt made the Tuesday injury report... ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Fortunately we can afford for him to take as much time as he needs without surgery to regain pre-injury status in practice so that we see the real Chubb upon his return.

    We can right now with 3 healthy alternatives... although Hunt made the Tuesday injury report... ?

    @tour2ma said:

    We can right now with 3 healthy alternatives... although Hunt made the Tuesday injury report... ?

    Hunt had problems with the groin last week to, and if his workload raises with Chubb's injury, he'll keep getting in the injury report in my opinion, because they will keep limiting his practise time to have him at the best condition possible on Sundays. Just like Joe Thomas was almost always on LP for years during Wednesday and Thursday practises to let his knees rest. 

    I'm not worried about that at the moment, but another injury in our RB corp and we'll be in trouble.

  • @tour2ma said:

    We can right now with 3 healthy alternatives... although Hunt made the Tuesday injury report... ?

    Hunt had problems with the groin last week to, and if his workload raises with Chubb's injury, he'll keep getting in the injury report in my opinion, because they will keep limiting his practise time to have him at the best condition possible on Sundays. Just like Joe Thomas was almost always on LP for years during Wednesday and Thursday practises to let his knees rest. 

    I'm not worried about that at the moment, but another injury in our RB corp and we'll be in trouble.

    @nero said:

    I'm not worried about that at the moment, but another injury in our RB corp and we'll be in trouble.

    I think we still have All-time leading FBS rusher Benny LeMay on our practice squad. He could be brought up and is about equal to our 3rd and 4th guys now. Built more like a bowling ball.

  • @nero said:

    I'm not worried about that at the moment, but another injury in our RB corp and we'll be in trouble.

    I think we still have All-time leading FBS rusher Benny LeMay on our practice squad. He could be brought up and is about equal to our 3rd and 4th guys now. Built more like a bowling ball.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think we still have All-time leading FBS rusher Benny LeMay on our practice squad.

    Lemay.... the again Lemay not.

    Did not even notice him in preseason...

  • @nero said:

    I'm not worried about that at the moment, but another injury in our RB corp and we'll be in trouble.

    I think we still have All-time leading FBS rusher Benny LeMay on our practice squad. He could be brought up and is about equal to our 3rd and 4th guys now. Built more like a bowling ball.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think we still have All-time leading FBS rusher Benny LeMay on our practice squad. He could be brought up and is about equal to our 3rd and 4th guys now. Built more like a bowling ball.

    If you .....God forbid..... would, could, should lose Chubb and Hunt for any length of time it's back to plan B big-time !!!  Mayfield chucking the ball short and long range.

    I'm just waiting for Chubb to check back in all nice and rested to continue to tear up the AFCN and the NFL and everything will be just fine.

    GO BROWNS, don't go there again......baby !   😮