Skip to content

Week 5: Colts (3-1) @ Browns (3-1) Thread... The Battle of the Once-Beatens

The Browns Board
88 22 2.4k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #7

    Plus...

    You don't fix every fucking thing in one year!!!

    Is this thing still not on? tenor.gif?itemid=11837853

  • Plus...

    You don't fix every fucking thing in one year!!!

    Is this thing still not on? tenor.gif?itemid=11837853

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus...

    You don't fix every fucking thing in one year!!!

    Is this thing still not on?

    Still fun to watch Tour go full Gipper when his precious front office is critiqued... ?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    You really know how to hurt a guy... 😉

  • You really know how to hurt a guy... 😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @tour2ma said:

    You really know how to hurt a guy... 😉

    Him comparing you to me is the best thing that ever happened in your life....including your marriage, the birth of any children you may have had...or anything. 

  • Plus...

    You don't fix every fucking thing in one year!!!

    Is this thing still not on? tenor.gif?itemid=11837853

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus...

    You don't fix every fucking thing in one year!!!

    Is this thing still not on? 

    But we aren't talking about 1 year, is 20 enough?

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I think we have a good efficient offense that runs great and can make big plays (OBJ, Landry) but our Defense is average at best, so Indy has a more round team. 

    Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy and gives us some INTs we get this game, but I like Reich as a coach and I think they're a serious team, so I'm expecting a tough game that won't be decided till the 4th quarter.

    Time of possession will be key, and if we can get it either by screens, short yardage passes or runs (I believe we have the players to get that), then we have a good chance. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I put a waiver request for Blankenship in my FF team in the hopes that this will end up a game where kickers have a huge role. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Plus...

    You don't fix every fucking thing in one year!!!

    Is this thing still not on? 

    But we aren't talking about 1 year, is 20 enough?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @icecube said:

    But we aren't talking about 1 year, is 20 enough?

    Unless I am mistaken Berry and Stef were just hired this past Spring.

    I could swear that is what happened... 😕

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    This game is impossible for me to predict. We're really banged up at key positions and Rivers has been known to absolutely embarrass bad secondaries. Indy's defense is also no joke and we're going in without Chubb and possibly Hunt. Yikes. 

  • I think we have a good efficient offense that runs great and can make big plays (OBJ, Landry) but our Defense is average at best, so Indy has a more round team. 

    Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy and gives us some INTs we get this game, but I like Reich as a coach and I think they're a serious team, so I'm expecting a tough game that won't be decided till the 4th quarter.

    Time of possession will be key, and if we can get it either by screens, short yardage passes or runs (I believe we have the players to get that), then we have a good chance. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @nero said:

    Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy...

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Constonzo left their game this week with an injury - something to keep an eye considering a guy like Chaz or LeRaven May be over Myles Garrett. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I actually like the Browns in this matchup... However.. I would give the Colts the edge in coaching... And QB.. But I think when it comes t over all impactful talent.. Id give the edge overall to Cleveland.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #19

    Stat time.

    Offensively...

    • Colts are 18th in the league in yards passing with 1001... we are 32nd.
    • Colts average 8.0 YPA... we average 6.6.
    • Colts are 14th in the league in rushing with 461 yards... we are 1st with 818
    • Colts average 3.5 YPC.... we average 5.9.
    • Colts have scored 9 TDs (3 rushing, 4 passing, 2 by ST/D)... we have scored 16 (8 each by rush and pass).
    • Colts' O has turned the ball over   times (3 INTs + 0 fumbles)... we have 4 (2 INTs + 2 of 3 rush fumbles lost).

    Defnsively...

    • Colts have the #1 pass Defense allowing 637 yards... we are 30th ranked having allowed 1242 yards.
    • Colts D allows 6.0 YPA good for 2nd in the league ... we allow 7.3 YPA good for 12th.
    • Colts have allowed 308 yards rushing (4th ranked)... we have allowed 367 (5th ranked)
    • Colts allow 3.6 YPC (6th)... we allow 3.9 (8th).
    • Colts have allowed 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing... we have allowed 12 and 4.
    • Colts have 7 takeaways (all INTs)... we have 10 takeaways (4 INTs + 6 recovered fumbles of 7 forced).

    https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/passing/2020/reg/all

    https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html

  • @nero said:

    Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy...

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #20

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    Most of what I've learnt hasn't been thanks to teachers, but to my internet forum/video/game quests since I was 14... I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2. But thanks for the compliments, heh. And I'm looking forward to practising Spanish with you, cousin! 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Indy receivers don't scare me.  But their duo of Doyle and Cox matched up against our backers and safeties.... ? Is a concern.

    And until further notice, they still have the best Oline in the NFL. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    Most of what I've learnt hasn't been thanks to teachers, but to my internet forum/video/game quests since I was 14... I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2. But thanks for the compliments, heh. And I'm looking forward to practising Spanish with you, cousin! 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nero said:

    I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2

    .... Are there english words used in COD beyond gay and racial slurs?  Toss in the occasional "your mom" for good measure.

  • @nero said:

    I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2

    .... Are there english words used in COD beyond gay and racial slurs?  Toss in the occasional "your mom" for good measure.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tiamat63 said:

    .... Are there english words used in COD beyond gay and racial slurs?  Toss in the occasional "your mom" for good measure.

    LOL. Back in the day, I joined a community there with quite respectful people who didn't tolerate shit. It was quite an experience. Hard to come by such place in FPS games nowadays... 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #24

    Colts average 305 YPC.... we average 5.9.

    That is a hell of a stat   305 yards per catch....or is that per carry.  Either way.

  • @nero said:

    Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy...

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

    Vaya Con Dios!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

    Vaya Con Dios!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #26

    ?

    @the-gipper said:

    I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

    Vaya Con Dios!

    Well you have three words down for sure.That's worth 3 Spanish Dancers.???LOL! ?

    EDIT: Did you learn any Cherokee from "Indian Love Call"??