Skip to content

Week 5: Colts (3-1) @ Browns (3-1) Thread... The Battle of the Once-Beatens

The Browns Board
88 22 2.4k
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Indy receivers don't scare me.  But their duo of Doyle and Cox matched up against our backers and safeties.... ? Is a concern.

    And until further notice, they still have the best Oline in the NFL. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    Most of what I've learnt hasn't been thanks to teachers, but to my internet forum/video/game quests since I was 14... I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2. But thanks for the compliments, heh. And I'm looking forward to practising Spanish with you, cousin! 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nero said:

    I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2

    .... Are there english words used in COD beyond gay and racial slurs?  Toss in the occasional "your mom" for good measure.

  • @nero said:

    I learned a lot of English making friends in Call of Duty 2

    .... Are there english words used in COD beyond gay and racial slurs?  Toss in the occasional "your mom" for good measure.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tiamat63 said:

    .... Are there english words used in COD beyond gay and racial slurs?  Toss in the occasional "your mom" for good measure.

    LOL. Back in the day, I joined a community there with quite respectful people who didn't tolerate shit. It was quite an experience. Hard to come by such place in FPS games nowadays... 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #24

    Colts average 305 YPC.... we average 5.9.

    That is a hell of a stat   305 yards per catch....or is that per carry.  Either way.

  • @nero said:

    Maybe if Rivers goes batshit crazy...

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

    Vaya Con Dios!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I can't tell you how impressed I am by your command of English idioms my friend. You must have great teachers there in Spain. I

    look forward to the day we get vaccines for COVID so I can meet you in person so you can put up with my admittedly now deficient Spanish.

    I think this old brain has forgotten more than half of what I used to use. I'll have to go to language school in Madrid a couple of months before 

    I come your way just to get back to 2/3s. Having lost so much hearing makes it even more difficult whatever the language used. They need an

    earhorn emoji on this thing.??

    I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

    Vaya Con Dios!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #26

    ?

    @the-gipper said:

    I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

    Vaya Con Dios!

    Well you have three words down for sure.That's worth 3 Spanish Dancers.???LOL! ?

    EDIT: Did you learn any Cherokee from "Indian Love Call"??

  • ?

    @the-gipper said:

    I learned all my Spanish from Slim Whitman:

    Vaya Con Dios!

    Well you have three words down for sure.That's worth 3 Spanish Dancers.???LOL! ?

    EDIT: Did you learn any Cherokee from "Indian Love Call"??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    ?

    Well you have three words down for sure.That's worth 3 Spanish Dancers.???LOL! ?

    EDIT: Did you learn any Cherokee from "Indian Love Call"??

    No,  just from Kawliga, by Hank Williams.  I learned one word:  Kawliga.

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    The Colts are a solid team on both sides of the ball. Definitely the best team we played since week 1. I still don't have a lot of confidence in the Browns defense but I think they have slowly gotten better each week. Even giving up 38 last week, they did a lot of that playing soft and rushing 4 and dropped about 4 picks in the process. So slowly better but still lots of work to do. If the Browns can win this Sunday I think it dramatically changes the expectations for this team.

  • @icecube said:

    But we aren't talking about 1 year, is 20 enough?

    Unless I am mistaken Berry and Stef were just hired this past Spring.

    I could swear that is what happened... 😕

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tour2ma said:

    Unless I am mistaken Berry and Stef were just hired this past Spring.

    I could swear that is what happened... 😕

    Yea, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that and....

    Freddie Kitchens,  NFL 2019 6-10-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 6-10-0 (0.375)
    Gregg Williams NFL 2018* 5-3-0 (0.625) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-3-0 (0.625)
    Hue Jackson NFL 2016 - 2018 3-36-1 (0.088) 0-0-0 (0.000) 3-36-1 (0.088)
    Mike Pettine NFL 2014 - 2015 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
    Rob Chudzinski NFL 2013 4-12-0 (0.250) 0-0-0 (0.000) 4-12-0 (0.250)
    Pat Shurmur NFL 2011 - 2012 9-23-0 (0.281) 0-0-0 (0.000) 9-23-0 (0.281)
    Eric Mangini NFL 2009 - 2010 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
    Romeo Crennel NFL 2005 - 2008 24-40-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 24-40-0 (0.375)
    Terry Robiskie NFL 2004* 1-4-0 (0.200) 0-0-0 (0.000) 1-4-0 (0.200)
    Butch Davis NFL 2001 - 2004 24-35-0 (0.407) 0-1-0 (0.000) 24-36-0 (0.400)
    Chris Palmer NFL 1999 - 2000 5-27-0 (0.156) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-27-0 (0.156)
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #30

    First injury report of the week. No practice reports as yet...

    image.thumb.png.f783b2ecfc8deda143293e2eae5451b8.png

    Nothing up on Ogun's MRI.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Weekly 5 Bold Predictions article is out...

    5 Bold predictions for Cleveland Browns in Week 5 vs. the Indianapolis Colts

    by Greg Newland 4 minutes ago
     
    5. Garrett goes for a turkey
     
    4. Depth at running back shines (it had better...)
     
    3. A surprising rookie steps up big (Spoiler Alert.... it's LB, Jacob Phillps)
     
    2. The offense continues to mesh
     
    1. Looking 4-1 down the barrel
     
  • Weekly 5 Bold Predictions article is out...

    5 Bold predictions for Cleveland Browns in Week 5 vs. the Indianapolis Colts

    by Greg Newland 4 minutes ago
     
    5. Garrett goes for a turkey
     
    4. Depth at running back shines (it had better...)
     
    3. A surprising rookie steps up big (Spoiler Alert.... it's LB, Jacob Phillps)
     
    2. The offense continues to mesh
     
    1. Looking 4-1 down the barrel
     
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tour2ma said:

    Weekly 5 Bold Predictions article is out...

    5 Bold predictions for Cleveland Browns in Week 5 vs. the Indianapolis Colts

    by Greg Newland 4 minutes ago
     
    5. Garrett goes for a turkey
     
    4. Depth at running back shines (it had better...)
     
    3. A surprising rookie steps up big (Spoiler Alert.... it's LB, Jacob Phillps)
     
    2. The offense continues to mesh
     
    1. Looking 4-1 down the barrel
     

    What is considered a "Turkey"  for a DL?     QB sack/strip/return for TD.....or something else?  (Or, like a Turkey in Bowling....which is 3 strikes in a row....is it 3 sacks on the day?)

    Jacob Phillips stepping up would really be a breath of fresh air. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Unless I am mistaken Berry and Stef were just hired this past Spring.

    I could swear that is what happened... 😕

    Yea, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that and....

    Freddie Kitchens,  NFL 2019 6-10-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 6-10-0 (0.375)
    Gregg Williams NFL 2018* 5-3-0 (0.625) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-3-0 (0.625)
    Hue Jackson NFL 2016 - 2018 3-36-1 (0.088) 0-0-0 (0.000) 3-36-1 (0.088)
    Mike Pettine NFL 2014 - 2015 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
    Rob Chudzinski NFL 2013 4-12-0 (0.250) 0-0-0 (0.000) 4-12-0 (0.250)
    Pat Shurmur NFL 2011 - 2012 9-23-0 (0.281) 0-0-0 (0.000) 9-23-0 (0.281)
    Eric Mangini NFL 2009 - 2010 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
    Romeo Crennel NFL 2005 - 2008 24-40-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 24-40-0 (0.375)
    Terry Robiskie NFL 2004* 1-4-0 (0.200) 0-0-0 (0.000) 1-4-0 (0.200)
    Butch Davis NFL 2001 - 2004 24-35-0 (0.407) 0-1-0 (0.000) 24-36-0 (0.400)
    Chris Palmer NFL 1999 - 2000 5-27-0 (0.156) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-27-0 (0.156)
    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @icecube said:

    Yea, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that, and the dudes before that and....

    Freddie Kitchens,  NFL 2019 6-10-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 6-10-0 (0.375)
    Gregg Williams NFL 2018* 5-3-0 (0.625) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-3-0 (0.625)
    Hue Jackson NFL 2016 - 2018 3-36-1 (0.088) 0-0-0 (0.000) 3-36-1 (0.088)
    Mike Pettine NFL 2014 - 2015 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
    Rob Chudzinski NFL 2013 4-12-0 (0.250) 0-0-0 (0.000) 4-12-0 (0.250)
    Pat Shurmur NFL 2011 - 2012 9-23-0 (0.281) 0-0-0 (0.000) 9-23-0 (0.281)
    Eric Mangini NFL 2009 - 2010 10-22-0 (0.313) 0-0-0 (0.000) 10-22-0 (0.313)
    Romeo Crennel NFL 2005 - 2008 24-40-0 (0.375) 0-0-0 (0.000) 24-40-0 (0.375)
    Terry Robiskie NFL 2004* 1-4-0 (0.200) 0-0-0 (0.000) 1-4-0 (0.200)
    Butch Davis NFL 2001 - 2004 24-35-0 (0.407) 0-1-0 (0.000) 24-36-0 (0.400)
    Chris Palmer NFL 1999 - 2000 5-27-0 (0.156) 0-0-0 (0.000) 5-27-0 (0.156)

    Why don't you just take a hot bath, melt, & go down the drain where you belong? ice cube, you are one fuckin' IDIOT!

    Mike

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    OK, so,  you can't fix everything in one year.   But I will give it to Berry that he made some attempts at helping/fixing the defensive back 7.   Drafted Delpit and Phillips. Injury to Delpit unfortunate. Picked up Goodson.  

    Still, I thought/think there were some moves that could have been made for a veteran LB that have been left on the table. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    It was years ago but NEVER forget...The Colts kept the 10-6 Browns out of the playoffs by starting Jim Sorgi and completely looking like dog poo during that game.  I went to Gabriel’s and bought a oddly fitting Colts shirt and wore a dang Colts shirt that day 
     

    The Colts suffered - they were clearly rusty two weeks later and got ousted early from the playoffs but they kept the Browns out of the playoffs. 

  • OK, so,  you can't fix everything in one year.   But I will give it to Berry that he made some attempts at helping/fixing the defensive back 7.   Drafted Delpit and Phillips. Injury to Delpit unfortunate. Picked up Goodson.  

    Still, I thought/think there were some moves that could have been made for a veteran LB that have been left on the table. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
    #36

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, so,  you can't fix everything in one year.   But I will give it to Berry that he made some attempts at helping/fixing the defensive back 7.   Drafted Delpit and Phillips. Injury to Delpit unfortunate. Picked up Goodson.  

    Still, I thought/think there were some moves that could have been made for a veteran LB that have been left on the table.

    Malcolm Smith won a SB with Seattle. He was the MVP. It was the 43-8 rout.

    Highlights:

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, so,  you can't fix everything in one year.   But I will give it to Berry that he made some attempts at helping/fixing the defensive back 7.   Drafted Delpit and Phillips. Injury to Delpit unfortunate. Picked up Goodson.  

    Still, I thought/think there were some moves that could have been made for a veteran LB that have been left on the table.

    Malcolm Smith won a SB with Seattle. He was the MVP. It was the 43-8 rout.

    Highlights:

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Malcolm Smith won a SB with Seattle. He was the MVP. It was the 43-8 rout.

    Highlights:

    OK, so,  it seems a fair amount of effort has gone into this....so I ask the question that I previously had an entire thread on:   What went wrong?  Injuries, OK.  Inexperience?  Or are the guys we got just not good enough?

  • @hx214 said:

    Well.... if they don’t trade for a starting linebacker and someone wakes up at safety.... id have a tough time favoring them in any matchup. 
     

    This offense better be prepared to put up 35+ a game to win if they leave it as is....

    I don't see how this defense gets markedly better... The LBs generally are very green and the secondary is perpetually an injury mess.

    The upside is that this schedule, that looked kind of tough I suppose going into the season, now looks weak beyond a handful of games. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't see how this defense gets markedly better... The LBs generally are very green and the secondary is perpetually an injury mess.

    The upside is that this schedule, that looked kind of tough I suppose going into the season, now looks weak beyond a handful of games. 

    they won't....they have miles garrett and an occasional qb pressure from 1 of the dl....the secondary can't catch a cold .....what happened to vernon....what a bust.....we need alot of d.......they are not very solid at all.....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #39

    The Yahoo Pick'em line opened at Browns (+1.0) Monday... jumped to 2.5 Tuesday... and then dropped to 1.5 today.

    Not unusual for a line to move, but then to reverse? Unusual...

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #40

    I look for another good weekend for the AFCN including outmatched Cincinnati an interesting game at Baltimore.  Pittsburgh should handle Philadelphia at home and our BROWNS can beat Indy at home at 4:25.

    GO BROWNS, 4-1 really ? Oh yeah.....baby !

    From Vegas insider Wednesday PM:

    Screenshot_2020-10-07_194523.jpg