Orange and Brown Report Article
-
These articles are SO good from OBR that I decided it needed its own thread. Each week they comb through the game and provide analysis on so many things. I especially love the video cuts that highlight what they're talking about. It's extremely well done and something that you have to read if you are into lengthy breakdowns of game footage.
-
Yeah, but...
Still have not established our offensive identity.
Ha, yeah right! Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy. They stop the run quite well and it's going to be an interesting match up for sure!
It's funny, I made the same comment about doing the bootleg late in the game, and I even said something about only doing it with hindsight. ? That bootleg is SO there, but you'd REALLY have to pray that the DE bites on the fake and doesn't sell out on the QB or you're scraping him up with a snow shovel. I remember the Colts doing that with Peyton Manning one year. It was a very important goal line situation and the coach called a naked bootleg. Manning was never fast, but it was so open he could've moonwalked into the end zone. He literally walked in for the score.
-
Yeah, but...
Still have not established our offensive identity.
Ha, yeah right! Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy. They stop the run quite well and it's going to be an interesting match up for sure!
It's funny, I made the same comment about doing the bootleg late in the game, and I even said something about only doing it with hindsight. ? That bootleg is SO there, but you'd REALLY have to pray that the DE bites on the fake and doesn't sell out on the QB or you're scraping him up with a snow shovel. I remember the Colts doing that with Peyton Manning one year. It was a very important goal line situation and the coach called a naked bootleg. Manning was never fast, but it was so open he could've moonwalked into the end zone. He literally walked in for the score.
Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy.
If we had one...

I think we can run off-tackle at these guys... check their roster... they sport undersized DEs (at least when Buckner lines up inside) and LBs. It's the old "run at speed and away from strength" rule.
I am not sure that we can effectively run our wide ZBS against their DE/LB speed.. which also give me pause about doing much trapping. But the inside ZBS and straight on off-tackle power, doubling the play-side DT to seal him inside with Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work.
We know what our Offensive ID is... run-first, AFCN football.
I just hope Stef knows...
-
Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy.
If we had one...

I think we can run off-tackle at these guys... check their roster... they sport undersized DEs (at least when Buckner lines up inside) and LBs. It's the old "run at speed and away from strength" rule.
I am not sure that we can effectively run our wide ZBS against their DE/LB speed.. which also give me pause about doing much trapping. But the inside ZBS and straight on off-tackle power, doubling the play-side DT to seal him inside with Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work.
We know what our Offensive ID is... run-first, AFCN football.
I just hope Stef knows...
-
Bro, he laid down some serious boom a few times Sunday. I could HEAR it.
Thought you were going to say "wood". Did you purposely avoid using that word?
-
Bro, he laid down some serious boom a few times Sunday. I could HEAR it.
Thought you were going to say "wood". Did you purposely avoid using that word?
Thought you were going to say "wood". Did you purposely avoid using that word?
Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?
-
Thought you were going to say "wood". Did you purposely avoid using that word?
Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?
Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?
Well.... that's no way to celibate a win... 🥷
-
Thought you were going to say "wood". Did you purposely avoid using that word?
Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?
Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?
Have you got video of that for proof?
-
Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?
Have you got video of that for proof?
Have you got video of that for proof?
Well, sort of. It wasn't very long and I could only save it as a GIF. ?
-
Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?
Well.... that's no way to celibate a win... 🥷
-
Have you got video of that for proof?
Well, sort of. It wasn't very long and I could only save it as a GIF. ?
Well, sort of. It wasn't very long and I could only save it as a GIF. ?
Now that, I believe.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login