Skip to content

Orange and Brown Report Article

The Browns Board
12 3 413
  • Yeah, but...

    Still have not established our offensive identity.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yeah, but...

    Still have not established our offensive identity.

    Ha, yeah right! Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy. They stop the run quite well and it's going to be an interesting match up for sure! 

    It's funny, I made the same comment about doing the bootleg late in the game, and I even said something about only doing it with hindsight. ? That bootleg is SO there, but you'd REALLY have to pray that the DE bites on the fake and doesn't sell out on the QB or you're scraping him up with a snow shovel. I remember the Colts doing that with Peyton Manning one year. It was a very important goal line situation and the coach called a naked bootleg. Manning was never fast, but it was so open he could've moonwalked into the end zone. He literally walked in for the score. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yeah, but...

    Still have not established our offensive identity.

    Ha, yeah right! Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy. They stop the run quite well and it's going to be an interesting match up for sure! 

    It's funny, I made the same comment about doing the bootleg late in the game, and I even said something about only doing it with hindsight. ? That bootleg is SO there, but you'd REALLY have to pray that the DE bites on the fake and doesn't sell out on the QB or you're scraping him up with a snow shovel. I remember the Colts doing that with Peyton Manning one year. It was a very important goal line situation and the coach called a naked bootleg. Manning was never fast, but it was so open he could've moonwalked into the end zone. He literally walked in for the score. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy.

    If we had one... 😉

    I think we can run off-tackle at these guys... check their roster... they sport undersized DEs (at least when Buckner lines up inside) and LBs. It's the old "run at speed and away from strength" rule.

    I am not sure that we can effectively run our wide ZBS against their DE/LB speed.. which also give me pause about doing much trapping. But the inside ZBS and straight on off-tackle power, doubling the play-side DT to seal him inside with Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work.

    We know what our Offensive ID is... run-first, AFCN football.

    I just hope Stef knows...

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Although our identity will be massively challenged this weekend by Indy.

    If we had one... 😉

    I think we can run off-tackle at these guys... check their roster... they sport undersized DEs (at least when Buckner lines up inside) and LBs. It's the old "run at speed and away from strength" rule.

    I am not sure that we can effectively run our wide ZBS against their DE/LB speed.. which also give me pause about doing much trapping. But the inside ZBS and straight on off-tackle power, doubling the play-side DT to seal him inside with Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work.

    We know what our Offensive ID is... run-first, AFCN football.

    I just hope Stef knows...

    @tour2ma said:

    Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work

    Bro, he laid down some serious boom a few times Sunday. I could HEAR it. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Janovich leading the way into the hole, ought to work

    Bro, he laid down some serious boom a few times Sunday. I could HEAR it. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Bro, he laid down some serious boom a few times Sunday. I could HEAR it. 

    Thought you were going to say "wood".   Did you purposely avoid using that word?  😁

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Bro, he laid down some serious boom a few times Sunday. I could HEAR it. 

    Thought you were going to say "wood".   Did you purposely avoid using that word?  😁

    @the-gipper said:

    Thought you were going to say "wood".   Did you purposely avoid using that word?  😁

    Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Thought you were going to say "wood".   Did you purposely avoid using that word?  😁

    Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?

    Well.... that's no way to celibate a win... 🥷

  • @the-gipper said:

    Thought you were going to say "wood".   Did you purposely avoid using that word?  😁

    Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?

    Have you got video of that for proof? 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?

    Have you got video of that for proof? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Have you got video of that for proof? 

    Well, sort of. It wasn't very long and I could only save it as a GIF. ?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Oh no, I was the one laying the wood AFTER the game. ?

    Well.... that's no way to celibate a win... 🥷

    @tour2ma said:

    Well.... that's no way to celibate a win... 🥷

    Argh....the dad jokes are strong with you! ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Have you got video of that for proof? 

    Well, sort of. It wasn't very long and I could only save it as a GIF. ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Well, sort of. It wasn't very long and I could only save it as a GIF. ?

    Now that, I believe.